Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
The King in Yellow; I do believe some team members are supposed to be meeting, if not, open!
Topic Started: May 22 2011, 06:54 PM (1,760 Views)
Acidic
Member Avatar
Don't ya wish your girlfriend was hot like me?
[ *  *  *  * ]
(I know I have two days until inactivity, but my schedule's kind of dodgy so I'm gonna get this done)

"That's not true. A good plan can save lives in this game." Madelyn retorted. She had seen many an episode where the groups with some kind of plan outlasted those that just wandered around. Madelyn pulled the map out of her bag and spread it on the ground. While pointing at the area labeled "Geyser" before saying,

"If any of us get separated for any reason we'll meet here. If that doesn't work out then," She moved her hand and held out two fingers one on each lake. "We can meet at one of the two lakes, or back here." Since it was in the middle of the island it shouldn't take too long to walk there. Madelyn looked up and asked,

"What do you guys think?"
SOTF-TV

SOTF Virtua

A wise man once said,

"Fuck everyone, cuddle the survivors."

-------------------------------------

I will always welcome constructive criticism through PMs.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Slayer
Member Avatar
Ouch.
[ *  * ]
(Because this post keeps getting eaten. I'll do a better one later.)

Mikaela had quietly finished treating Madelyn, leaving her thoughts to herself.

"Sounds all right to me," said the aspiring doctor. "How about other students, though? If we get some people together maybe we can find a way out of here..."

Yeah, dream on. What was the alternative, though? Laying into each other like a bunch of savages? None of them were even on the same team.

peregrineink
Member Avatar
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
(Posting for the second announcement, if this aint kosher just send me a message and I'll save it for later)

Jake absolutely hated the idea of some alternate plan of meeting up later, if only because that implied that they would get separated again, and in light of Madelyn's fight he hated that. However it was a smart idea, and what if they did get split up by whatever accident? He didn't want to think like that but it was a likely possibility.

Mikaela was saying something about finding other students in order to escape when the announcement came.

Jake half listened to the names as they came, he couldn't be surprised that anyone was playing. It was impossible...and then....

Bob Lazenby had been running around the island for the entire day, sprinting away from everyone and their brother in complete terror, only to finally attack the exact wrong person at the exact wrong place. Kevin Fielding hurled him into the tar pits, where he promptly drowned.

"Into...the...."

Jake's eyes went wide. They....they..... His stomach heaved, but he didn't throw up. One of the tar pits here. Bob had been scared. Jake's big frame did nothing to hide the fact that he had started to shake a little with the horrible recognition that he had, however indirectly, contributed to the death of Bob Lazenby.

He reached into his back pocket, and took out Bob's hat.

"Oh...God."

Jake's big hands shook. "I was just kidding with him...I never meant....Oh...."

-PeregrineInk

Honoring the glorious dead:
F26: Maddie Harris: Resident artist.- Seven Unveiled Masterpieces- Death by carelessness
YLW5:Jake Langston:Just a nice guy-No kills- Death by misunderstanding
GLD1:Mae St. Clair -One half of the Golden Couple- One and a half kills- Death by loss of hope
M18: Brian Larke: A horrible human being.- Two kills- Death by just desserts.

Un67
Member Avatar
Still have nothing clever.
[ *  * ]
When Mad retorted to Marion that good plans saved lives, Marion simply shrugged, and said, "I only said that there wasn't really a best plan in our situation not that we shouldn't make one."

Then, Mad began to elaborate on her plan, which involved meeting up at either the Geyser, the Tar Pits, or the two lakes, with the last two for backup. The idea confused Marion, why would they want more then one meeting point for backup? Wouldn't that make it impossible for them to meet at a backup in the first place? Still, Mikaela assented, also while suggesting trying to get off the island with other students. With that, Marion frowned slightly, and said neutrally, "I like the idea of having a meeting point, and a backup to boot, but I think having only one might be a better idea, since having more is rather confusing if anything."

After that, the announcements came on, and the list of people was read as always. Marion didn't pay too much attention to it, until he saw Jake start shaking and take out Bob's hat, before saying, "Oh God," and then that he was only kidding. Marion frowned herself, having seen what Jake had done, only her frown was less about what Jake did then what she was doing. She then said coolly and calmly to Jake, "I was there, and I saw what you did, but it isn't your fault. You may have made him run away, but after that anything could have happened. Really, don't blame yourself for this, you don't deserve it. We should just move on... maybe literally and emotionally."
Edited by Un67, Jun 25 2011, 11:26 PM.
The Program

SOTF-TV

Acidic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Madelyn was about to remind Marion of the concept of DZs when the announcement came on. When Leo started on about Team Purple and their mentor, a Mr. Clayton. Apparently the top killer on the island was on her team. She looked at her bandanna and frowned, Great, now when someone sees my team they'll think I'm dangerous. Thanks Leo. She briefly wondered who this "Mr. Clayton" was when she payed more attention to the announcement.

Lou was dead. From what Leo said he seemed to deserve it. When someone, "Tries to make the show more interesting." it usually isn't good. Whoever this Amber chick was Madelyn approved. Lou was way into the show anyway.

She didn't recognize the next three victims, but was interested in the killers only because A.) Karen was on her team and had killed again, and B.) it was either Jonas or Vincent that attacked her. She made a point keep the killers' names on the walls of her skull, so they'd alway be on her mind.

Kevin had killed Bob, and here was Madelyn thinking she had misjudged him when he wasn't the last announcement. Madelyn had to admit, though, that it also sounded like self defense.

Jake started to react to the name, and Madelyn hugged him while thinking about the last two killers. She patted his back lightly while Marion talked to him. Madelyn nodded and said,

"She's right. Let's get away from here." True, Madelyn wasn't there for their encounter, but this was Jake. Jake! Kid couldn't even harm a fly. Madelyn put the map and all back in her bag and stood up. Offering a hand to Jake.
Edited by Acidic, Jul 4 2011, 05:44 AM.
SOTF-TV

SOTF Virtua

A wise man once said,

peregrineink
Member Avatar
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
(I know that Marion has a death to get to, sorry Slayer but we need to keep moving! I don't want this to get buried like it has been...)

Jake smiled weakly as he took Madelyn's hand. Marion's words did make him feel better, even if his heart still felt a little sick. Sure, Bob had acted ridiculously, but why did he, as one of his last things to ever do to the guy, have to act like an asshole?

"Wait one second," he said to her. With a quick squeeze of her hand he dropped it, heading over to one of the bubbling tar pits. Gripping Bob's red hat in his hand, he took a deep breath.

"Listen man, I'm really sorry that I was a total asshole to you. I bet you were probably cool. Here's your hat back....and stuff."

He coughed uncomfortably as he tossed the hat towards the pit. What else could he say? He felt embarrassed as he walked back to the girls.

"Well, that's done then," he said. It was silly to make a big deal of it or anything, hopefully no one would. He said his piece, maybe he could move on, maybe they could all get out of here. Jake took Madelyn's hand again.

"Where to?"
-PeregrineInk

F26: Maddie Harris: Resident artist.- Seven Unveiled Masterpieces- Death by carelessness
GLD1:Mae St. Clair -One half of the Golden Couple- One and a half kills- Death by loss of hope

Namira
Member Avatar
Paint me like one of your Sith girls
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Hi guys. I've adopted Mikaela for the time being. Looking forward to writing with you all))

The announcement pulled Mikaela up short, just as it did everyone else. Her gaze was drawn straight to the black depths of the pit the group was situated near, and she shuddered. Hard. What a horrible way to die, submerged in that cloying, bubbling tar, lungs filling with-

She broke her stare with an almost audible snap, shivering. Kevin Fielding. It would be somebody like him, wouldn't it? The type that had treated her with disdain because of their respective backgrounds. The type that, given half a chance and the right motivation, would kill somebody else because they were bigger, stronger. Seizing them, flinging them headlong into that pit, screaming but just swallowing-

No. Stop it.

Mikaela swallowed and looked sidelong at Jake, picking herself up. She pointedly kept her back to the tar pit. "Let's start with 'anywhere but here' and work from there. Sound good?"
~*~

Currently Showing

Previously on Namiravision

Un67
Member Avatar
Still have nothing clever.
[ *  * ]
(OOC: Alright, I'll just go and pull Marion out of this thread now so that she can go to her death-thread. Also, I'm sorry for doing a little bit of passive GM'ing at the end, but it's necessary for her moving on.)

Marion watched as Mad and Mikaela reacted to the announcements, both of them showing clear disdain at what happened at the Tar Pits. For a brief moment, Marion couldn't help but feel somewhat guilty, that she barely reacted to Bob's death while the others reacted much more... what was the word, emotionally? She wasn't sure, but there was a certain quality to their reactions that she didn't have in hers.

In any case, while she talked to Jake, Mad hugged him and patted his back. Then, Mad nodded and acknowledged that Marion was right in moving on, before Jake went over to the pits and apologized to Bob, before finally throwing Bob's hat in. Marion could see that after it all, he felt better, but there was still a certain unease that she could see in him.

Before she could think too long on that, however, Mikaela then said that they should leave to go anywhere but where they were, and then Marion briefly nodded, and said, "You're right. I think I'll go scouting, and go out first, I'll be back soon with some information." She then left the Tar Pits in a quick sprint before anyone could really say anything to her to stop her.

She didn't know what she was going to get into next, that was for sure.

(BRN04: Marion Clayton continued elsewhere)
The Program

SOTF-TV

Acidic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Biting her lower lip with nervous thoughts Madelyn tried to think of an answer to Jake's and Mikaela's questions while still processing the announcements. When Marion spoke Madelyn nodded her head. Marion's words didn't make it to Madelyn's brain on time with all the traffic in there. It was only while mulling the safest place to go was when Marion's words made it to their destination. It felt much longer then it actually was.

Madelyn looked at Jake and Mikaela while saying,

"Lets make sure Marion doesn't get herself killed. Then we'll decide where to go after that." Madelyn walked with the purpose of finding, and keeping Marion, a part of her group, safe. While walking Madelyn shook her head. What the hell told her that running off alone was a good idea?

((Madelyn Conner continued in Foreshadowing/Hindsights))
Edited by Acidic, Jul 7 2011, 01:45 PM.
SOTF-TV

SOTF Virtua

A wise man once said,

peregrineink
Member Avatar
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jake nodded in understanding, following Madelyn as she went. Why would Marion just up and do that? He thought they were all friends now, he thought everything was going to be okay...

Reaching back in the waistband of his jeans, Jake drew his gun. He took a deep breath. people were playing and he wasn't about to let anyone else get hurt, especially not the people he cared about.

Hopefully it wouldn't ever have to come to that....

(Jake Langston continued elsewhere...)
-PeregrineInk

Namira
Member Avatar
Paint me like one of your Sith girls
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Mikaela was relieved that the group's feeling was sharing her desire to move away from the pits marking the grave of the poor kid...

Of course, then Marion had to go and throw a wrench in things by declaring she was going to 'scout ahead'. That struck Mikaela as a bad idea. On their own, they were a lot more vulnerable than in the group.

Nodding in response to Madelyn, Mikaela followed along after them, hoping that they'd be able to catch up Marion before she got too far away.

((Mikaela continued in Foreshadowing/Hindsights))
~*~

Currently Showing

Previously on Namiravision

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Tar Pits · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.