Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
Breathless; Okay, now we're open. Thanks for waiting!
Topic Started: Apr 24 2011, 10:57 PM (2,595 Views)
Acidic
Member Avatar
Don't ya wish your girlfriend was hot like me?
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Madelyn Conner continued from Hotel California ))

Madelyn regretted running out of the hotel. She tried to concentrate on getting to the lake on the map, but the possibilities of what she could've done for the girl haunted her. And what her two class mates could do to her. Regardless she continued with Mikaela until they found the lake and the first cabin. Madelyn was a bit timid to approach at first, but came up with an idea.

The girls went around the back and looked through a window, but didn't see anything. They moved to a door after Madelyn found a decent sized branch and opened the door using it. When no one came out they moved in slowly, and ready to bolt. Madelyn turned to Mikaela and said,

"I don't think anyone's here, but lets do a search for people and useful shit. Then we'll plan what comes next." Mikaela nodded and they began.

The ground floor held no people or useful shit, and after determining this the two girls went up the stairs. Searching the floor Mikaela found a pull down stair case to the attic, and after much whispering about it the two girls came up with an idea.

They positioned themselves, so that when they pulled the door it would unfold in front of them. Then they would run to the next room and wait for any sign of life. After they put the plan in action it proved no results, so Madelyn lead the way up.

The attic proved to be nothing special except for a canoe that had seen better times and places. Like when most of the bottom hadn't been rusted away, but what drew Madelyn's attention was the two wooden oars on the floor next to the metallic corpse. She picked them up, handing one to her companion she went on to walk out.

Until she heard the door open.

Madelyn looked at Mikaela, and gave a signal to stay behind and quiet. She held the oar ready to strike as she walked down the hall then peeked around the corner.

Seeing the figure with a gun and a yellow bandanna Madelyn wished she never investigated.
SOTF-TV

SOTF Virtua

A wise man once said,

"Fuck everyone, cuddle the survivors."

-------------------------------------

I will always welcome constructive criticism through PMs.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

peregrineink
Member Avatar
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
The walk with Marion was silent. What could they possibly say to each other? "Oh, now that I know that we're probably going to kill each other or something in this game...what are your hopes and dreams?" No. Their walking together was just some sort of means to an end.

It was relatively easy to get to the inland lake, and Jake was pleased to see cabins. He shot a look over at Marion.

"Hey, cabins, let's check them out to see if anyone's there." He didn't know if he wanted to wait for more stony silence or one worded answers, so instead he headed for the first door. Could he hear footsteps or was that just his imagination? He reached for the doorknob...

Someone was standing there holding a oar and looking like they were about to raise hell. Jake didn't know what to do, he took a step backwards. "Whoa! Whoa! I'm not playing!"

Stuff like that didn't really matter when the other person was playing.

Did he want to shoot? Maybe....the figure stepped out into the light so he could see her better.

"Madelyn?" Shock seemed to make his body feel cold.
-PeregrineInk

Honoring the glorious dead:
F26: Maddie Harris: Resident artist.- Seven Unveiled Masterpieces- Death by carelessness
YLW5:Jake Langston:Just a nice guy-No kills- Death by misunderstanding
GLD1:Mae St. Clair -One half of the Golden Couple- One and a half kills- Death by loss of hope
M18: Brian Larke: A horrible human being.- Two kills- Death by just desserts.

Acidic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Madelyn didn't even want to consider the possibility that Jake was here. It was someone else she caught a glimpse of in the room during the briefing, and it was another tall blond boy with the gun and a yellow bandanna.

But when he said her name denial had emptied to make away for the action to hold him.

"Jake." She said as if trailing off from a long explanation before running down the stairs with her oar. Somehow making it all the way down, and hugging him. God damn why did he have to be here. Because some producers needed some fucking drama for their show? They could feast on a five course meal of shit as far as Madelyn was concerned.

She held him for awhile. Not really sure what to say, but they couldn't just stay like that forever as much as Madelyn wanted to pretend that was the best way to protect him. Sighing before speaking, because reality wasn't a place she wanted to frequent right now.

"So, how are you doing babe?" She might as well see how his time on the island was going. Madelyn was lounging in his eyes on an inflatable raft when she noticed she was still holding the oar, but that wasn't of importance.
SOTF-TV

SOTF Virtua

A wise man once said,

Un67
Member Avatar
Still have nothing clever.
[ *  * ]
(BRN04: Marion Clayton continued from Down by the Water.)

As Marion and Jake walked to the inland lake, there was an empty silence, which didn't surprise Marion at all, with the simple fact that there was no comfortable topic to talk about. As the two reached the inland lake, Jake looked at the cabins with some obvious pleasure, and turned back and said to Marion, "Hey, cabins, let's check them out to see if anyone's there." Marion didn't really know if it was safe, but Jake went on without waiting and so she decided there was no point in trying to stop him, and simply followed.

As Jake reached for the doorknob, Marion could make out a figure looking poised to strike and gave a brief and involuntary gasp. Jake then said, "Whoa! Whoa! I'm not playing!" The figure then stepped out into the light, and Marion could make out another girl. Then with obvious shock, Jake said, "Madelyn?", and Marion realized that it was his girlfriend that she was looking at. The girl then went forward to hold Jake, and said simply, "Jake." For a few more moments, there was silence, as neither Jake nor Mad seemed to have anything to say and Marion knew that it would be wrong to cut in at that moment. Mad then continued, "So, how are you doing babe?" Again, Marion knew it would be wrong to cut in, so she only decided to stay back, wondering if it might be a good idea to leave right then and there...
The Program

SOTF-TV

peregrineink
Member Avatar
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jake wanted to kiss every inch of her exposed skin, her cheeks, her forehead, her eyelids. Instead he just wrapped his arms around her, pressed his lips to the top of her head and closed his eyes. He had seen her bandanna. It was not yellow. It didn't matter because now that she was in his arms they were going to escape from this damn island and he didn't care how he did it.
So, how are you doing, babe? She asked him. The corner of his mouth went up in a sort of sardonic grin. How could be possibly be doing? He was stuck on this island where his girlfriend and several of his close friends were all going to try to kill each other maybe.

"Better, now that I've found you. Did you find anyone else?" It would be great if she had managed to hook up with Zach, Shawn, even Mikaela. It didn't matter though, he had found her and that meant everything.

He buried his face in her hair again. He had found her. So soon and he had found her. That had to mean something.
-PeregrineInk

F26: Maddie Harris: Resident artist.- Seven Unveiled Masterpieces- Death by carelessness
GLD1:Mae St. Clair -One half of the Golden Couple- One and a half kills- Death by loss of hope

Acidic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Yeah, I met Mikaela when I woke up." Madelyn gestured up the stairs with her thumb. She backed out of the hug, missing the connection of flesh.

"We were in the attic where we found these" Madelyn wagged the paddle a bit, and looked behind her to see if Mikaela was there. When all she saw was the empty hall Madelyn turned back to Jake and said,

"She'll be down eventually. As Madelyn decided not to talk about the hotel for now she saw a girl behind Jake with the brown bandanna and big-fucking-sword. Marylyn? No, Marion. Madelyn shared a class or two with her.

"Hi, Marion." Madelyn decided to acknowledge her before finishing,

"Anyways. We cleared this place, and were about to break for lunch and planning." She headed up the stairs to tell Mikaela everything was all clear. Making a motion with her hand for the other two to follow.
SOTF-TV

SOTF Virtua

A wise man once said,

Un67
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Marion listened carefully to what Jake and Mad would say next, trying to learn a bit more about the situation that she was basically totally blind about. Firstly, Jake said, "Better, now that I've found you. Did you find anyone else?"

As those words flashed into Marion's mind, she couldn't help but think about it herself. Mad might have other allies near her, and they could potentially be in her own team. That, and that she might be able to find some friendly faces, although she couldn't help but dread the idea of having people who were her friends in other teams. If she was really going to try to find her team and join up with them to try to win the game, well, it wouldn't work out well, to say the least...

In any case, quickly after Jake asked Mad about who she met, she said with an upward gesture, "Yeah, I met Mikaela when I woke up." Those words gave Marion both a bit of joy and dread, since she and Mikaela were relatively friendly to each other, and well, they were relative friendly to each other. She didn't want her thoughts to move to... less pleasant things, so she simply kept on listening attentively.

"We were in the attic where we found these," Mad said, waving her paddle back and forth. She then turned back and saw nothing, before she turned back to Jake and continued, "She'll be down eventually."

Then it looked like she noticed Marion, and she seemed to pay special attention to the sword. Marion felt a bit intimidated about it herself, but didn't realize everyone that everyone else was that much more intimidated. She realized it might be the one thing it might be good for, anyways, intimidation, since she absolutely had no idea how to use the thing. Her brief mental tangent on the sword ceased when Mad said to her, "Hi, Marion."

In reply, Marion nodded slightly, happy to see that she didn't totally ignore her. Mad then finished, "Anyways. We cleared this place, and were about to break for lunch and planning." She decided to go forward and follow, although she couldn't help but question the wisdom of going to join a de facto team other then her own, her curiosity got the better of her. After all, what could the "planning" possibly be?
The Program

SOTF-TV

zabriel
Rookie
[ *  * ]
((Michael Clark continued from In Bloom))

They'd decided to go to the cruise ship, and on the way was the inland lake. It was dotted with cabins and seemed like it would be very relaxing, if it weren't for the whole killing his classmates thing. He looked back over his shoulder to the rest of his posse.

"Alright guys, looks like there's nobody outside, but there might be some people in the cabins. Do check out the cabins for loot, or keep going? Either way we should be on guard."

He stopped and looked around for a few moments as he waited for an answer.

"I'm good either way, but if there's anything good in here, right now is the time to find it."
Edited by zabriel, May 1 2011, 04:56 AM.
GRN5: Michael Clark|Chef's Knife|Firestar M43

Courtography
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
(Nick Simmons continued from In Bloom)

Of course the lake prevented them from walking directly to the ship. Seeing how he wasn't Jesus, walking across the lake was impossible. Damn detour. Anyway the cabins looked safe, but he didn't want to be safe, he wanted to reach the damn ship.

"I say let's keep going, but whatever bro, whatever ya wanna do."

Chib
Member Avatar
My burnt-face sense is tingling!
[ *  * ]
[In Bloom --> Isaac King]

Wasn't a long walk to the lake, all things considered. Isaac hadn't really looked at the scale of the map, so he wasn't really sure how far it had actually been. He didn't care to guess, either. Why bother? It was just a stop between point A and point B, a waypoint between the Geyser and the Ship. And even if it was important, fact was the trio was there now. That's all that matters, after all.

The other apparent fact was that nobody was around. Not in the open, at least. Michael, the one whose name Isaac still didn't know, decided to channel Captain Obvious and point that out.

"Alright guys, looks like there's nobody outside, but there might be some people in the cabins."

Impassive nod. We all figured that one out already.

"Do check out the cabins for loot, or keep going? Either way we should be on guard."

Cabins probably wouldn't have anything worth nabbing, save for maybe bedding. But there'd be plenty of that, better quality too, where they were going afterwards. No real point. Staying on guard was a good idea, though. Didn't want to be surprised by someone bursting out of a cabin with a BFG. Isaac transferred his shiny new gun from his waist to his right hand.

"I'm good either way, but if there's anything good in here, right now is the time to find it."

"I say let's keep going, but whatever bro, whatever ya wanna do."

Nick had the right idea, odds of there being anything worth taking from a bunch of lakeside cabins were poor at best. Isaac shrugged, adding "Not gonna be much worth taking, is there?"
Posted Image

V5 Concepts

The Past

peregrineink
Member Avatar
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jake was about to say something about Mikaela being upstairs and how happy that made him when he heard something. Without thinking about it he held his gun up at the ready. The safety was still on, and hopefully he would never have to take it off.

"Did you hear that?" He said quietly. Soon he learned it wasn't just his imagination as the sounds became clear that they were voices.

People were outside, but were they hostile? He looked over to Madelyn to see what she thought. He really hoped those people weren't playing.

Hopefully they aren't on Marion's team either, Jake thought, eying her gigantic sword warily.
-PeregrineInk

Acidic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Madelyn turned around on the stairs when Jake asked if they heard something. She hadn't been paying attention, so Madelyn couldn't say say she had. Shaking her head she went back down the stairs. Even if she didn't hear anything didn't mean it was nothing.

Walking to the window she saw three boys, with three different bandannas, and lacking in real weapons (in sight). Still she turned to Jake and said in a hushing voice,

"Close the door." The game coming to them was inevitable, but if she was here than she'd keep it away as long as possible. Then added,

"Quietly." She pulled the curtains to cover the window and looked up the stairs. They needed to get Mikaela. Madelyn went to go up the stairs. Stopping between Marion and Jake,

"One of them has a brown bandanna." She didn't know what else to say about it, but maybe Marion could talk to them or something. At worst she'd leave Jake and Madelyn to join him. Which meant one less person for Madelyn to worry about, and she'd be able to concentrate on protecting Jake.
SOTF-TV

SOTF Virtua

A wise man once said,

Un67
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
As Marion walked towards Mad, Jake quite suddenly raised his gun, which gave Marion a start. In only a moment, however, she heard some sounds in the distance, and realized that it was the reason why Jake raised his gun. Jake then said quietly, "Did you hear that?"

In reply, Marion only nodded. There wasn't anything that she could say about it that would help, and being too loud might be giving away their position. Then, Mad came by, and said to Jake, "Close the door," and then added on a moment later, "Quietly."

Marion then saw Mad pull up the curtains and look up the stairs, presumably to look for Mikaela. She then stopped between her and Jake, however, and said, "One of them has a brown bandanna."

This revelation gave Marion a bit of a jolt. She now had the chance to meet up with her team, which was something she had already decided on earlier anyways and would probably give her the best chance of getting through the game. She didn't know whether or not it might be a good idea to go, though, as she still didn't have the faintest clue as to who the three mysterious people were. After a moment's thought, she whispered to both Jake and Mad, "I can go outside alone if you would like... find out who those three people are, and maybe try to get them away from here if it's necessary... I have a feeling that they aren't going to attack someone who shares a team with one of them."
Edited by Un67, May 3 2011, 12:20 AM.
The Program

SOTF-TV

peregrineink
Member Avatar
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jake looked at Madelyn and then Marion. Could he trust this girl to not team up with her team members and take them all out, or would she make a better hostage? Was that a terrible train of thought and would everyone think lesser of him if he actually followed it? The palm of his hand that held the gun began to sweat.

Was he going to mess up like this already?

"Your call, Mad." Madelyn would know what to do, he hated his thought process right now and seriously just wanted someone to take the reigns that wasn't him. He felt horrible at that as well, it was like some mobius strip of self loathing.

Where was Mikaela!? Was she okay upstairs?
-PeregrineInk

Slayer
Member Avatar
Ouch.
[ *  * ]
(Mikaela continued from the same spot as Maddy.)

There hadn't been anything worthwhile upstairs. Somehow, she wasn't surprised. That would've been too simple, wouldn't it? Too convenient to find something good in the very first - okay, second - place they looked. The voices downstairs didn't really register to her at first, as she all but tore the place apart in hopes something useful would present itself. Moreso than shuriken at least. So absorbed had she been in the task she didn't even steal a glance outside at the group that had appeared.

Indeed, it wasn't until she was downstairs that she even paid any mind to the fact people other than Madelyn and herself were present. At first, spotting two friends of hers - Jake and Marion - with Maddy drew a broad grin out of her, and she almost ran over to hug them... but then she noticed their demeanour. It seemed not all was quite well to look at them all, and she felt her stomach sink. Something was wrong, wasn't it?

A shuriken was in her hand before she realised she'd even moved for the weapons, for what good it would do, and she walked over to the group as quietly as she could manage. "Hey guys, everything okay down here?"
Edited by Slayer, May 5 2011, 04:29 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Inland Lake · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.