Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
What Could Have Been; Mini version!
Topic Started: Mar 24 2011, 08:05 PM (3,242 Views)
Courtography
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Well I have 3 dead characters on mini, might as well share random ideas I had at one point.

Program.

Ben Commits Suicide

Yeah this was an idea I had with Ben shortly after he killed Harris. I planned for him to kill a few more people, and then assuming Johan died first, Ben would kill himself. This would happen when Ben, after Johan dies, runs into a group of his friends and tries to team up for protection and stuff. They push him away for being a player and he wanders around for a bit before offing himself out of guilt.

Rolls, and the fact that other stuff happened made that bad.

Louis is a player.

One idea I briefly considered for Louis was having him play, but try to be morally superior. If possible he'd try to let people say last words to their family and avoiding sadism and that sort of thing. He'd feel by doing that he was being superior to the U.S military and their ideas. Louis' lack of weapons and me growing bored with the idea caused it to not happen.

Louis dies earlier.

When Louis first got rolled I took death ideas, obviously. Anyway in this death Louis when he found Stefanie was originally going to get killed by her warning shot instead of it hitting the floor. Luckily Shadow hero'd me and stuff moved on.

Louis kills Sophie, or mutual kill, or not.

In the final set of rolls Fiori and I were both rolled and both wanted heros. Anyway, we planned that if neither of us got hero'd Louis and Sophie would both kill each other. I think the idea was that Sophie would manage to bludgeon Louis to death with her crowbar, but Louis manages to stab/slice or whatever enough times that she bleeds to death shortly after. If Louis had gotten hero'd instead of Sophie then Louis would have won the grapple in their fight and killed her with the box cutter.

Instead, Louis got shot in the face.

TV

Nick hero's out.

Anyway, prior to the first rolls I couldn't really feel Nick's character too well and was thinking about hero'ing someone in the first rolls. Instead, Nick got rolled so I didn't have to worry about it.

I'll post more as more characters are finished.
Second Chances V2
B04: Dan Liu Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cash Money
Member Avatar
SLOBAMA APPROVES
[ *  * ]
My run in Virtua is over, so here we go!

Marco as flagship/Benny as fodder: There's a reason I submitted Marco's profile first. I envisioned their arcs basically trading places from where they ended up: Marco goes on an epic, heroically doomed quest for his hockey teammates, while Benny runs around in circles and makes stray humorous observations about everything before dying in a random accident. Then several people on chat told me they liked Benny, and he had a promising story arc direction, so they switched places. To be honest, giving the supposed comic relief a serious storyline was probably for the better - less cliched and whatnot.

Benny's epic, heroically doomed quest for his theater friends: When my characters first switched places, they switched places hard. Then he arrived at a saloon that was chock-full of characters that needed killing off, and the driving narrative became one of revenge against the explosion causer.

Showdown at the saloon: We were originally going to have a shootout to kill the insane number of characters at the saloon who needed to die under time pressure, but then we came up with a much messier, more elegant solution.

Benny as comic relief: For a person who considers himself to have a decent sense of humor, I am absolutely terrible at wringing a good irreverent punchline from the clutches of imminent death at the hands of your classmates. As soon as I realized this, I decided to abandon the humor thing for the most part and instead go with him feeling like he was in an action comedy, like Rush Hour or something, which is a genre I figured he would be well schooled in. I felt it was a nice change of pace from all the characters who try to adopt Modern Warfare 2 tactics. [By the way, you get a prize (currently undetermined) if you can name the movie from which I drew the hot sauce reference! (Kami can't win it since I told her already.)]

Benny's unused punchlines: This section was going to be a lot bigger until I devised his deathpost as an outlet for the frivolous personality that wasn't able to come through as much in the trying circumstances of the game. Still, there were some leftover references I had waiting around:
     If Benny ever got to kill someone and live, he would have briefly considered making a CSI one-liner before deciding it was in bad taste.
     If Benny would have encountered more than one person who needed to die at the final shootout, he would have channeled the Tourettes Guy and yelled "YOU MOTHERFUCKERS! PIIIIIIIIIIIISS!"
     Victory speech: "I am a beautiful animal! I am a destroyer of worlds! I am Benny Fucking Lightfield!"
     Various other unspecified silliness that I am generally glad I left out, although the deathpost was totally worth it.
Program:
M04: Kingsley Tran
Sydney Cattrell coming soon

The Past

The Future

Aura
Member Avatar
The Fool
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
It's time for What Could Have Been: Craig Hoyle Edition!

Thread Titles

Since a fair amount of characters have had themes going with their thread titles (v4's Garrett Hunter with Fight Club references, for example), I wanted to have Craig's thread titles be references to comic books. His island debut thread (which sadly became his ONLY island thread), "With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility", was a reference to the famous quote fro Spider-Man. Other title ideas included:

Cry For Justice
Ultimatum
At Earth's End
Countdown
One More Day

Craig is He-Man!

When Craig discovered his machete, I wanted him to raise it into the air and say "By the power of Grayskull, I... HAVE... THE POWER!" in a fashion similar to He-Man.

Sadly, however, Craig died before he ever opened his duffel bag, and consequently never found his machete.

Craig and Maria, Adventuring Duo!
Craig was slated to team up with Maria Graham shortly after waking up on the island. The relatively calm Craig and the wacky Maria could have played off of each other pretty well, having adventures as they trekked across the island. They even met up in their intro thread to spur on the alliance.

Unfortunately, Craig got rolled, and Maria got swapped, killing the team before it could begin.
SOTF-TV v2

SP1: Lukas Graves- Forming a team in United
VW2: Angie Hart- Having a bad time of it in Balls Deep

Past Minis

Aura
Member Avatar
The Fool
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Wait a moment, I just thought up a few more things that I could have done differently...

Virtua

Big Mike and the Cake

Ah, the birthday cake, quite possibly my favorite weapon ever. Anyways, One of the original ideas i thought up for Big Mike's death was to have him charge at Brian, cake in hand, and get shot for his troubles. In his dying moments, he would grab a piny piece of cake and take a bite. He would discover the flavor and the icing, then die. I quickly nixed that idea and decided to have Big Mike use the cake as a weapon instead, which i was much happier with.

Second Chances

Alternate Character Choices

In SC, I knew that I wanted Craig Hoyle, but I had a difficult time choosing my second character. I discovered that some characters I wanted had already been claimed (Garry Villette, Luis Chezinski, etc.), and some were handled by people who were long gone (Callum Hadley, Sydney Morvran, etc.) I considered many other characters, including Andy McCann and Viktor Kurchatov (yes, I'm serious...) before finally settling on Keira Macdonald from Evolution. Since then, I haven't looked back. I sincerely hope that there will be another SC, so that I'll be able to pull out some of the guys that missed the first cut.

The Program v2

Joseph Anoa'i

The first character I submitted to The Program v2 was Joseph Anoa'i, a Samoan wrestler jokingly referred to as "Samoa Joe" by his teammates. However, there were many problems that made him incompatable with the Program universe. I quickly dropped him, but he may return for another Mini somewhere down the line...
SOTF-TV v2

SP1: Lukas Graves- Forming a team in United
VW2: Angie Hart- Having a bad time of it in Balls Deep

Past Minis

Laurels
Member Avatar
*Katya wheeze*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, Paige's death is sealed, so I think it is time to share some random things that have come up during my time in Second Chances:

Amber breaks the chair more easily
When I was writing some early Amber stuff in "No One Checks in Unless Their Name is Smith", I got to the part where she smashed the chair so that she and Carol could have some chair legs to defend themselves with. I originally wrote it so she smashed it the first time she swung it on the desk. I was under the assumption that the chair would be weak enough to snap after one blow, but I realized that even if that was the case, it most likely wouldn't break that easily if Amber, an unathletic girl, was swinging it. Hence, it took a few blows before finally breaking.

Paige dies in her first post
The devil came back. When I was writing the first post in "Pressure Point", I wanted to make Paige's anger at the situation hurt her. I decided splitting her toenail would be painful, but the immediate reaction changed. Part of me was tempted to have her just fall on a damn rock and burst her head open. But then I told the devil to fuck off. I wasn't prepared to make a fodder character and give them a Remi Pierce death, especially since that would equate to giving the finger to Inky in response for him letting me play Paige in this. So she fell in the lake instead.

Paige joins Craig and Maria, only until she had nothing to gain
"With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility" was the first chance I had to test Paige's "I Will Survive" mantra. This was in the month long period before we had rolls, so I was originally writing it to have Paige sort of sweet talk her way into Craig and Maria's graces. Most likely, she would have followed the two around until she found the chance to get their weapons. But, Craig was rolled, and Llama swapped Maria, so that was abandoned.

Marty Lovett gives Paige the chance to steal Craig's bag
I nearly wrote a post about this before I realized I was inadvertently breaking post order. When Marty clicked the gun and sent everyone in the scene into a panic, my idea was that Paige would try to be macho and negotiate with a known killer. Really, she would use this moment to benefit herself. I was going to try to have her convince Craig to hand her his bag so she could use it as a shield. Then, if things got rough, she could run away with it, gaining Craig's machete. But of course, I didn't go with this because of post order. It became Llama's turn, so he allowed Maria to pull her Marvin from Pulp Fiction scene and accidentally kill Craig. Thus, Paige was able to grave rob.

Amber leaves the hotel
This was somewhat a given. Marty's death would be the catalyst for a change in Amber's story, with Karl fleeing the hotel. If I didn't have to swap Amber to save Paige, what I would have done was probably try to get Amber and Carol to leave the hotel to find him, maybe taking Lyn along. Then some stuff could happen and lead to a proper conclusion. But, that didn't exactly happen, due to rolls, so Amber died there instead.

Anything to do with "The House of the Undying"
I made "The House of the Undying" in order to place Paige somewhere after "Thin Line Between Heaven and Here". I did hope someone would come across her, leading to an emotional revolution, or, if rolls occurred, a place for her to get another kill and advance her story. Unfortunately, it ended up being a two week hole for her to rest in.
Mini Art

Former characters

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Since I'm rolled out of Program V2, already: I'll be sharing all the potential plans I had made with both my characters (and other handlers) after I finish Garritt's death scene. I had a lot of fun ideas, so many I even forgot some of them and might need to check my chat pm logs to remember. Some I will probably recycle and change around a bit to suit future characters. Stay tuned.
Second Chances Version 2 Characters:
B14: Kyran Dean | Alive - bandaged cheek with diagonal scar, bloody nose | Whatever (Catchphrase) in: Hero? But I'm a Kid Like Everyone Else | AK-47
G29: Wendy Fischer | Alive | Pantsless in: Carp Diem | Frozen 25lb Carp with no head (Mr. Dolph)

Sotf-TV Season 65 Flagship:
Gold Team Member #4 (SDA Male): Shawn Morrison | One with the Universe | Being Real in: Oracular Spectacular | Brian Peter George St. John Le Baptiste De La Salle Eno, The Deceased Boa Constrictor.

Iceblock
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
[/necromode] I've probably typed this up at least three times before, but never actually ending up posting it in the end. Since I'm slacking off on doing other things at the moment, here it is.

TV
Kathy joins up with Orange Team
Yeah, people have already talked about this (see Psychedelic's post in the Mini General Discussion about regrets). The short version of it was that Orange Team was probably going to join together. I doubt Kathy would have done much in the end besides doubt the methods that they were taking to steamroll to the end, just ending up writing about her misgivings until her eventual death.

Virtua
Sam shoots himself after Delilah's death
Thought about it for a few minutes while posting, couldn't really rationalize it. Sam thought about it in the post, too. But no, didn't happen.

Sam holds up Delilah, shoots himself
I'm not sure where this one came from but I remember the general form of this vividly. It never existed anywhere except in my head. I don't remember the exact rationalization for this, but perhaps this was before Delilah started killing. Either way I'm pretty sure it involved Sam fooling Delilah into thinking he was betraying her and was going to kill her and then killing himself instead. Now that it's more than a year later I'm not sure what that would have accomplished, but it adds another to the list of "Sam shoots himself" ideas, I guess.

I name "While Rome Burns" "Piano Man" instead
<.< >.> I was very involved with my thread names with Sam. I ultimately decided to stick to idioms, and given what happened in that thread, maybe the name I chose was fitting after all, if not exactly "neglecting priorities."

I hero Sam for someone
OK, I liked writing Sam, but I also liked the idea of heroing. Might have done it for Delilah when she was rolled. Would have been an interesting change from "guy with gun lives longer than the girl", except Delilah was the one with kills and could take care of herself anyway, so maybe it wouldn't have been a change at all? xD Either way, I was too indecisive in the long run to hero anyone, so I just got rolled out at the end.

EDIT:
Sam's shotgun is actually loaded
I thought this was the case, until I read back over Warren's (inactive) deathpost. I was a little worried that it might come off as me just trying to shaft Rebecca of a gun, but, eh, I figured that it was symbolic in some way in the end.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Program V2:
Audrey McKee -- F11 -- Weighted Leather Glove -- Alive -- Semper Fi

Rest in Peace

jimmydalad
Member Avatar
That Guy
[ *  *  *  * ]
So, my charries have been rolled out of the game, so now is the chance for me to talk about what could've happened to the characters of Maxim and Bailey.

Maxim teaming up with Dylan: Yes, one of my original plans was for Maxim to be in a team alongside Dylan. Medic and I discussed how Maxim and Dylan would originally team up and then adventure together through the game. However, with the way things played out in Maxim's first thread, it ended up that Maxim would shoot Dylan instead of team up with her as that seemed to make more sense in my mind.

Maxim dying from Alexander: When Maxim was first rolled, I really didn't mind him dying and even approached Toben to discuss the possibility of Maxim getting killed by Alexander in their encounter. Eventually, Toben dissuaded me from doing this and I was going to swap him with Bailey, but Maxim was saved by Tori, so that was the end of that.

Maxim committing suicide: If Maxim made it to the end of the game and somehow won, I would have had him get in a shouting match with Adams and committing suicide by shooting himself just to spite him. It would also allow him to rationalize his atonement for how he acted in the game. However, I used him to save Alexander so yeah.

Use Bailey more: I really regret this. I really really regret this. I put way too much attention on Maxim and I regret doing so as I felt that Bailey's character could have had some decent exploration into her motivations and whatnot. I wish I also explored the concept of her desire to not get changed by the game and in general just have more plots with her. However, I put a lot of my attention on Maxim and her first few threads were really slow, so I ended up using Maxim a lot more than I used Bailey. I wished I put some more attention on Bailey than I did.

Bailey losing her sanity: If people looked at Bailey's profile, I noted how Bailey used her cards as a coping mechanism and would grow increasingly uneasy without every single card in her deck. I was thinking of planning on having her lose a card from her deck and slowly start to descend into insanity as time passed, eventually becoming a full-fledged killer and actually using her gun effectively. However, I eventually thought that this was stupid and decided to scrap the plan entirely.

Bailey not getting fazed by the game: One of the first plots I thought up for her would be a character that just didn't understand the danger that she was in and make amusing comments about the game before the realization hits her i.e. when someone tries to shoot her. She probably would have started out in the Pine Stands and would be drawing, talking about how the trees inspire her muse. Then I realized this was unrealistic and stupid and decided not to go down that trend.
The Program V2

TV V2

Second Chances

Artsy Stuff That People Have Done

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
I can trick them into thinking anything
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Spurred by talk yesterday, and the fact that I'm pretty sure everything here is dead and buried anyways, I have some more Evo stuff to share. This is kinda lengthy, has a lot of stuff I look back on and shake my head at, etc., but it's an interesting little piece of game history, especially insofar as it actually basically got enacted aside from the final step.

So, I present to you, the Evo escape plan that never was:

Some context here is that Evo was a game in which I was not staff. I didn't have any authority at all at the point where this stuff was going on, and was having altogether too much fun with my total lack of responsibilities. Floating around was this idea that Evo was totally escape-proof. Now, I'm someone who hears that and goes, "Bring it on!" The reason I was never all over that in any other Mini/AU/version is that, as staff, I have no fair way of doing so and have more invested in stopping escapes anyways (because if there's no challenge, what's the fun?). So instead, I come up with escape plots and post them for the staff to see and figure out how to defeat.

In Evo, I did not have these restrictions, and I had a character devoted to staying alive at all costs, so I decided I'd just try to break the game.

Anyways, I thought about it for a long time, and applied Occam's Razor, and went, "Well, if you can't get off any way that The Organization doesn't want you to, then clearly the way out is to convince them that it's in their best interests to release you." And so I set about writing a basic pitch, sent it to Stef, and then he went, "Sounds interesting. Write up a post, let's see how that goes."

So I did, sent it his way, and he went, "Cool. You can try it if you want, but if it wouldn't work, boom, you're dead." And I went, "Well, the IC thing is to give it a shot and see where things go, because it's a better chance than a fight."

This, for the record, is the genesis of the core principle behind the V5 Escape Rule. Any attempt should have some risk as well as reward.

My plan was, in short, to force the issue. Walk into a danger zone, announce the intent to stay there, and inform The Organization that you're willing to help them, let them study you, whatever, as long as they don't blow you up. Since their claim was that they wanted to do research on the subjects and their mutations, offer them a better way of doing so, with the alternative being the end of any scientific utility. In short, appeal to their stated interests.

Stef then told me, in short, that it would in fact work, because the danger zones in Evo had always been a lie. The students were implanted with devices, but they were not bombs (which would have been overly large and unwiedly) and in fact were effectively single-shot tasers, something that would knock a student out to allow retrieval.

In fact, this actually had happened once. the first part of The Second Announcement, which a lot of people assumed was Kahlid being kidnapped, was actually Fredrick Slagenger being retrieved, after his supposed death in a danger zone, which was an especially shocking revelation since I'd actually written that death and had no idea anything fishy was going on (Stef had asked me to go with a discretion shot for the ending, and I'd just assumed it was due to it being better fitting to Evo's style. This is also why Joel Deitrick's death was specified to be from his wounds on the announcement; no bomb meant he couldn't blow up, as his death implied).

Anyways, this was right before the last rolls, and so Stef and I were busy trying to decide how to work things. This is the part I'm not so happy about now, because what we basically went off of was the V3 fakeout, under two assumptions: 1. anything involving my character afterwards would be pretty minor and background, and 2. keeping stuff quiet would avoid drawing attention away from Endgame/the winner. Now, the reason I don't like this is that obfuscating anything, I know now, actually foregrounds it way more when it is inevitably eventually revealed. More than that, at the time I didn't have any super prominent characters, and thought this was likely to be the most interesting thing I ever did on SOTF. By the time Evo's Endgame was actually wrapping up, that was pretty clearly not the case, and I was increasingly uneasy about the whole thing. Anyways, we actually just rolled two kids and declared me rolled, confident nobody would Hero or anything.

That's the basic what-almost-happened. One thing, though, was that the very last post I made in Evo was pretty much entirely composed of double meanings, changed by the (lack of) context and designed to read, at a first glance, as somewhat out of character. The tipoff was that Samantha was referenced as saying something, but what she said was never made clear, instead being covered up with a section break. That was because the rest was gonna get worked in as a flashback at some point. Of course, Stef also accidentally referenced the whole post rather than the posted bit in his EvoHammers, which I think nobody noticed.

At this point, the whole thing's basically of academic interest only, but for completeness' sake, here is the original, uncut, version of the post, which I sent to Stef back in November 2010 or something to pitch the escape plane. I'm not editing anything, and would of course handle stuff differently here, two and a half years later, but eh, so it goes.

Live

"But wait," I hear half the readers saying, "doesn't that have some interesting implications for Iris, Judy, and Frederick?"

Yeah. Judy and Fred were gonna have really awful things happen to them, most likely. Iris, Stef and Ciel had some other plans around, and I leave it to Ciel to decide if he wants to share anything or not.

This whole thing, of course, never got posted, and when Stef left Evo went in a new and equally interesting direction. As endings go, I don't think there's much more to say, and as anything else goes, well, I'm just gonna paraphrase The Joker here:

If there really has to be a future, I'd rather see it be multiple choice.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a boatload of other Evo stuff, and most of that's less related to stuff I worked with. I may share it later if I can think of anything folks may find amusing or revealing. I think Dom and Rugga have a lot of stuff too, but, again, it's their call whether they wanna share.
Current characters:

The Program: V3 Prologue:
Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."
Erik Bell - Jericho .941 - Having lunch - "May I?"

SECOND CHANCES: V2:
Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."

Past characters:

If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Thanks to Bear/Frogue/Kotorikun/Ryuki for the avatar art.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Espi
Member Avatar
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
So hey Zoe's not going to be written by me in TV2 so I'm reanimating this thread for her.

Zoe Pregame buddies
So originally the goal with Zoe was to have her have a best friend in the form of Cake's guy, who is mentioned in the profile. We were going to have a special memories thread that updated after events went wrong, where they met up at the fence between their houses and talked. Unfortunately Cake became extremely busy and unfortunately had a lot of personal issues go down so we never got a chance.

Zoe: Death Seeker
Zoe's story for TV2 was supposed to be her randomly attacking people. This wouldn't be to kill them though; she'd just be looking for a good fight, and maybe hoping someone could kill her.

Zoe: Killed/Killed By
My eventual plan for Zoe was to attack someone, kill them, but be mortally wounded, probably concussed. She'd stagger off, dazed, and collapse and die elsewhere.
TV2: Died, Didn't Do

SC2: Attempt Number Deux

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
I can trick them into thinking anything
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey, everyone. I have a whole lot of stuff to talk about with TV2. As a heads-up, this is going to be super long, fiddly, multi-sectioned, and serve partially as a personal exorcism of some plans I had for a long time and really need to let go of now. All who proceed have been warned: this post may be neither particularly interesting nor readable. I'm posting this mostly for myself. Except the Austin bit that's unspoilered at the end. That's not very complicated or fiddly at all.

Jewel Stuff

Austin Stuff:

Austin actually steals Lucia's gun: So, folks may not know the history here, but I didn't pick where I started Austin lightly. See, Lucia was assigned the Jericho 941, which I do my best to at least briefly claim in every version it features in (success in: Evo [where I hoarded them since everyone had one], V4, and TV1—TV2 is my first failure to have one of my characters hold the thing, I think). I wanted to see if Austin could actually talk his way into the gun, so I just sorta had at. Then the rolls came around and, I kid you not, this was the thing most in favor of keeping Austin around. I actually almost didn't Hero because I wanted to keep working on Lucia, but in the end decided I valued reading Lily more. My biggest regret with Austin is that he didn't get that gun before dying.

Austin the sneaky villain: Austin was not gonna be a nice or good person as the game progressed. Initially, I planned him as a very slow-burn, subtle villain to stand in contrast to Jewel, but he was going to be just as terrible under the surface. I wanted to play with indirect villains again, since I learned a lot about it over the course of past versions and felt better able to do what I wanted with it. He wasn't going to be pure manipulation—more a jack of all trades with it in his arsenal. I had him pegged for a low-mid kill player, one who did a lot of nasty stuff that wasn't directly or immediately lethal. This got dropped because Austin was sort of emotionally unpleasant to write and was likely to end up much more so over time if things went as I'd planned.

Austin's narrative is much more conventional: Austin's narrative is really weird in part because I didn't want to be in his head in the normal ways and in part because I thought it would be an extra challenge given his anticipated trajectory. Basically, I tried to make his posts exclusively out of statements of fact—there's a little fudging when the fact is what he's thinking or whatever. This seemed really clever for like the first two posts and then became an unholy pain in the neck, but I'm really stubborn about this stuff. Anyways, the whole facts thing was a total improvisation since I realized that, without pregame, I had no idea what sort of voice to even bring to Austin. In fact, that might even be another reason Austin ended up the one to get dumped—Jewel was a character who could function without pregame, and Austin probably wasn't. I should really have gotten in gear and ground out a thread or two with him. Anyways, I guess what I'm saying here is I didn't go into TV2 planning to write Austin in robot speak. It just sorta happened, and it was probably a mistake in retrospect.
Current characters:

The Program: V3 Prologue:
Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."
Erik Bell - Jericho .941 - Having lunch - "May I?"

SECOND CHANCES: V2:
Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."

Past characters:

If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Thanks to Bear/Frogue/Kotorikun/Ryuki for the avatar art.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

backslash
Member Avatar
A Degenerate
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh hey, I have things that can go here.

Sebastien the player: My original plan for Seb was to go straight villain, as I think I've mentioned elsewhere, but he wound up going in a very different direction thanks to his pregame. I thought about having him fall back into that plan once Awesometonia fell apart, but he died before that could happen.

Sebastien tries to kill Shawn and/or Anastasia: Similar but not quite in the same vein as the above, if the Awesometonia plot had been allowed to progress a little further and gradually fall apart instead of all at once, I might have offered to kill either Shawn or Ana if either of them got rolled at a point I felt was fitting, sort of as a parting shot for Seb leaving the group for good. Shawn got rolled before I really felt it fit, and I heroed Seb the next rolls anyway, so this didn't happen either.

Sebastien commits suicide: My fallback plan for Sebastien's death in case death ideas didn't work out for some reason was always just to have him shut down over the fact that all his friends were dying and walk into a Danger Zone. Pretty stock stuff, but I didn't end up having to resort to that.

Pia the player hunter: My original plan for Pia, before Matt and his glorious plan happened. I don't know how much the general feel of her story would have been affected by the change, really.

Pia kills Regina: Before Regina caught a hero the first time she was rolled, this was our plan. Pia and Paisley were going to run across the Regina/Bella/Tucker/Yagmur group, and Regina would have asked Pia for a mercy kill upon realizing that the injuries Gene gave her were going to prove too much in the long run. Then Regina got a hero and Pia got rolled, and the rest is history.

Ashley kills Pia: Persy and I talked about this when Pia got rolled, since Pia was planning on tracking down Ashley for Caroline's death eventually. They would have had a shootout and Pia would have died in the process. They still ended up having their shootout, but Pia went off to die somewhere else.
Characters

TwoThirty(e)
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh, I think I had some scrapped ideas as well. Let's see what I can remember.

Terrible Puns - I kinda planned Gene to discover Matt's corpse and do awful puns.
"It was nice to have Matt-hew"
"You should've let this Pia girl mAlone. That wasn't a Weiss decision."
"Did you plan to Hopkinto something?"
and the most sucky one "Your team is probably unbearable."

Thread Title - Well, I started two threads with terrible thread titles, because they were spontanous. In retrospective I just should've used an MGMT song as a thread title. Because TV1.

Gene starts with Zoe - So, as Pre-game stopped, the Aqualung thread didn't continue, but I think we wanted to write more. IIRC Gene was planned to meet Zoe and a boogie character in his first thread. But as version starts are fast, areas got claimed. Then he met Aidan instead, which was cool, as the scene was fun to write. And later he met Zoe anyway.

Forrest and Davis meet - Well, Persy pointed out that both like sports and comics (Batman and Superman), so it was a cool idea that they'd have met and probably team up? But I didn't expect Davis to die that fast. So it didn't happen.

I fucking love grenades - Taylor could've killed one of my characters if they were rolled first. With grenades (probably by putting the grenade into their bag and running away, I think).

Set fire to the bamboo - I like meeting characters twice. When "Dangerous" was finished or on-going (I cannot remember) Doc and I had an idea of Vahka killing Gene while the whole bamboo broadwalk burned (You know? If bamboo burns there will also be lots of explosions.) I cannot remember details, I assume he probably would be killed with the sword? And I think Gene flees through the fire and injuries himself (because fire and explosion! Bam!). Or Gene used the fire to distract Vahka and flee. I cannot recall. Anyway, that was an idea for a rematch.

Not sure whether I should post alternative death/kill ideas as well?

That's all I can remember for now.

Iceblock
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
TV2

I think since all Caroline's friends are in the big mansion in the sky now (stole the concept from Deamon, plagiarism alert), it's safe to post this.

Caroline actually does something regarding escape: Because none of her bandmates were on the same team as each other, escape was really the only option she was willing to accept. Otherwise, she would have offered to help one of them reach 10 kills and have the other two team-win. The escape attempt wouldn't have been particularly sophisticated, because neither Caroline or I are any good at figuring out how to disarm collars from just a look.

somewhat pretentious details

In the end, Val's death + my own sudden summer plans put a stop to that.

I hero Caroline: Similar to her plan that she take the fall for the escape attempt by acting as the leader, I always meant for her to take the fall OOC as well. I'm usually too indecisive on heroing, but I told myself I would definitely hero if another band member came up on the chopping block. However, only Sarah got rolled before Caroline, and NAFT saved her.

Then I meant for Caroline to die the first time she was rolled, but Condor heroed her with Val, causing the situation that I was afraid of. So Val died first, and the escape attempt ended anyway.

That's not to say that I resented the hero! Thanks anyway, Condor.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Program V2:
Audrey McKee -- F11 -- Weighted Leather Glove -- Alive -- Semper Fi

Rest in Peace

Espi
Member Avatar
Veteran
[ *  *  *  * ]
WHAT IS THIS MADNESS IS THIS MY TV2 WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN COMPILATION I DON'T EVEN

I like these threads okay ;~;

Riley the smart/showy player
There was a reason for me killing Riley unrolled, which was that my original plans for Riley, she was of two minds; on one hand, I wanted her to be smart and strategic (think her hiding behind a door for an ambush in the tower thread). However, I also wanted her to be a showy, attention-whorey character ("Later bitches!"). These proved really hard to mesh, so that coupled with some IRL troubles led me to killing her off.

"I'm Riley Motherfucking Parker"
This is a thing I wanted Riley to say before killing someone. Not much to say here, just a line I liked.

"I won! I WON!"
If Riley won (which in retrospect was never going to happen) I was going to have her go ham and start screaming, "I won!" over and over before collapsing in a fit of insane cackling. Again, not much here, just a random idea.

Lucy the swashbuckler
I was really excited when I got the szabla, 'cause I love that kind of sword. I'd hoped to get in a fight with someone and write a cool swordfight scene, but Lucy died before I could do that.
TV2: Died, Didn't Do

SC2: Attempt Number Deux

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.