Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
This Can't Be Me
Topic Started: Nov 29 2010, 12:51 AM (2,349 Views)
Un67
Member Avatar
Still have nothing clever.
[ *  * ]
"Yeah we could do well, you can run, I've got this gun. Plus we don't have to fight unless someone attacks us."

Johan shrugged, and said, "I definitely agree with the first part, although I'm betting that most people will fight only in self defense anyways. It does seem that the people who DO do that have a tendency to die early, but I think that's really just because most of the people who do that aren't really going all in."

He then shuddered for a second, and said, "Let's not think about that now. I really actually don't think it'll be any problem as long as we actually put up a good fight, and I think we should be able to do that. In any case, there's no shame in running away if we need to. Probably a bit easier for me then you, but I can and will do whatever I need to do to help you get away when we need to. As for actually fighting, I can't really promise you that much but I'm not planning to run away unless I- no, actually, WE absolutely need to."
The Program

SOTF-TV
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Courtography
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Johan shrugged, and said, "I definitely agree with the first part, although I'm betting that most people will fight only in self defense anyways. It does seem that the people who DO do that have a tendency to die early, but I think that's really just because most of the people who do that aren't really going all in."

That was probably true, although a lot of people who died still had to be trying to survive, after all there was only one winner. Or survivor, however he wanted to think about it.

Johan shuddered, apparently lost in his own thoughts. "Let's not think about that now. I really actually don't think it'll be any problem as long as we actually put up a good fight, and I think we should be able to do that. In any case, there's no shame in running away if we need to. Probably a bit easier for me then you, but I can and will do whatever I need to do to help you get away when we need to. As for actually fighting, I can't really promise you that much but I'm not planning to run away unless I- no, actually, WE absolutely need to."

It looked like Johan was a team player, that was good. It was always good to have someone on his side. "Yeah I've had to run away once already, and good that there's no shame. After all who is more ashamed, the guy who ran away or the guy who got gutted after he stupidly fought on?"
Second Chances V2
B04: Dan Liu Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep

Un67
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
"Yeah I've had to run away once already, and good that there's no shame. After all who is more ashamed, the guy who ran away or the guy who got gutted after he stupidly fought on?"

Johan chuckled and replied, "I'd say the guy who got gutted, but there'll be at least one idiot out there who believes in 'fighting to the death'. If you can't stuff your ego and just run when you need to, to be honest you don't really even deserve to live."

He then scratched his chin for a moment, and then asked, "So, what's our plan? We can't really stay here forever, although it's probably not a good idea to rush out now. Any idea of where you want to go?'
The Program

SOTF-TV

Courtography
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"I'd say the guy who got gutted, but there'll be at least one idiot out there who believes in 'fighting to the death'. If you can't stuff your ego and just run when you need to, to be honest you don't really even deserve to live." Johan responded. Ben thought it a bit harsh, to say someone didn't deserve to live. He agreed in principle though that fighting to the death wasn't worth it.

Johan seemed to think for a moment during which Ben had took another swallow of water. "So, what's our plan? We can't really stay here forever, although it's probably not a good idea to rush out now. Any idea of where you want to go?" Johan asked. "I dunno." He took out his map and examined it. "I figure supplies might be good, they obviously looted the armory here. The warehouse might have stuff, but I forgot to check there and the guy with the gun is probably there still. I'm hoping they might have stuff at the mess hall and the hospital." he concluded, pointing out the locations on the map.
Second Chances V2
B04: Dan Liu Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep

Un67
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
"I dunno."

Johan simply listened quietly, as he figured he couldn't expect too much anyways. He wondered if he should divulge a bit more about himself and his beliefs, but he noticed that Ben took out his map and seemed to be examining it.

Ben then said, "I figure supplies might be good, they obviously looted the armory here. The warehouse might have stuff, but I forgot to check there and the guy with the gun is probably there still. I'm hoping they might have stuff at the mess hall and the hospital," while pointing to the locations on the map.

Johan nodded slightly. "Yeah, that would make sense. Take a quick look and load up, maybe? We might be able to meet someone along the way, although I'm betting that most people will have itchy trigger fingers so we might want to go somewhere less... obvious, I guess?"

He then took a look at the map himself. None of the places looked particularly good to him, but he took a look at the Garage, and figured it might be worth a shot.

"Over to the Garage," he said, pointing on the map, "maybe? There might be some useful stuff there and I don't think most people would care to go there."
The Program

SOTF-TV

Courtography
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, that would make sense. Take a quick look and load up, maybe? We might be able to meet someone along the way, although I'm betting that most people will have itchy trigger fingers so we might want to go somewhere less... obvious, I guess?" That made sense to him. Less people, although he had friends he wanted to look out for, like Megan and Luke. He knew they had been picked for this.

Johan plowed on, "Over to the Garage," he said, pointing on the map, "maybe? There might be some useful stuff there and I don't think most people would care to go there." Ben looked at the map. The garage was on the other side of the compound. The mess hall and the hospital weren't exactly close either, but he had to consider things. To get to the garage they would have to cut through a few buildings or cross a lot of open ground. For the others, only the barracks was in the way.

He spoke of his plan while tracing a route on the map. "There's a lot of open ground between here and the garage, if you're willing to take a detour we can hit my locations too. Go though the barracks to get to the mess hall. Then the hospital is right there, then we can go right past the gate to get to the garage."
Second Chances V2

Un67
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
"There's a lot of open ground between here and the garage, if you're willing to take a detour we can hit my locations too. Go though the barracks to get to the mess hall. Then the hospital is right there, then we can go right past the gate to get to the garage."

Johan nodded. "Yeah, you're right, I should have realized that. That sounds like a good plan, loop around and see what we get. What's the plan if we meet someone? Obviously talk first, but if we're doing that I'd prefer if you speak, since I'm not exactly the best public speaker around."

His head then looked over towards the direction of the warehouse.

"Should we scout the warehouse out? Probably not the best idea out there, but if he's gone then it might be a good idea. Then again, just might."
The Program

SOTF-TV

Courtography
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Johan nodded. "Yeah, you're right, I should have realized that. That sounds like a good plan, loop around and see what we get. What's the plan if we meet someone? Obviously talk first, but if we're doing that I'd prefer if you speak, since I'm not exactly the best public speaker around."

He wasn't sure what the plan was. Talking first did seem like a good idea, unless they were obviously dangerous. "I say we talk if they seem safe, leave if they seem dangerous, and fight if we can't run." He didn't like the last option, but it beat having some psycho kill him.

"Should we scout the warehouse out? Probably not the best idea out there, but if he's gone then it might be a good idea. Then again, just might." Johan asked. Ben did not want to go back there, the guy with that gun had been shooting off like crazy. If he was still there they'd have to fight him. Plus, a chill going down his spine at the thought, if he had killed the guy then he'd have to face the body. "I'd rather not, that guy might still be around, plus it's dark in there, easy to get ambushed."
Second Chances V2

Un67
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
When Johan asked Ben for his plan for when they meet someone, Ben replied, "I say we talk if they seem safe, leave if they seem dangerous, and fight if we can't run."

Johan then took a sip of water and replied, "Yeah, that seems pretty reasonable. Still, it might be worth saying that looks can be deceiving but hopefully we'll find someone friendly."

He then proposed taking a look at the warehouse. It looked like Ben didn't like the idea, and when he replied "I'd rather not, that guy might still be around, plus it's dark in there, easy to get ambushed," Johan figured that he probably shouldn't push it.

"Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. Anyways, when will we go put our plan into action? In a few hours or so, maybe?"
The Program

SOTF-TV

Courtography
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"Yeah, that seems pretty reasonable. Still, it might be worth saying that looks can be deceiving but hopefully we'll find someone friendly." Johan said, responding to Ben's idea on what to do with people. It was true looks could be deceiving, but he didn't like the idea of becoming paranoid about everyone.

"Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. Anyways, when will we go put our plan into action? In a few hours or so, maybe?" continued Johan. Plan? Ben wouldn't really call any of it a plan, they were just gonna wander around to buildings checking for supplies. "I see no reason to wait, but I guess it's okay to rest for a little while."
Second Chances V2

Un67
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
"I see no reason to wait, but I guess it's okay to rest for a little while."

Johan shrugged, and said, "I think the action might be flaring up about now, since it's only been what... an hour or so since we were dropped here? Maybe if we go in a few hours things will quiet down and we'll have an easier path. Then again, people will probably have thinned out the crowd and have itchy trigger fingers then, so eh..."

He then winced slightly, probably imagining something unpleasant happening to him. He figured it might be a good idea to change the subject slightly.

"Anyways, since we have some time to kill, do you want to talk about something else? Maybe we shouldn't cloud our thoughts too much over the Program right now."
The Program

SOTF-TV

Courtography
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Johan shrugged, and said, "I think the action might be flaring up about now, since it's only been what... an hour or so since we were dropped here? Maybe if we go in a few hours things will quiet down and we'll have an easier path. Then again, people will probably have thinned out the crowd and have itchy trigger fingers then, so eh..."

Johan made a decent point, he had to admit. So far he had been around four people, some girl that he didn't know in the warehouse, actually he didn't really know what she had been up to. Then there was the shooter guy in the warehouse, there could be more like him out there. Then there was Abby, if more people were like her, then he wouldn't be trusted at all. Then Johan, he hoped more people out there were like him and Johan, the ones who didn't want to fight. It wasn't a good amount though, a quarter of people Ben had met had let off gunshots.

"Anyways, since we have some time to kill, do you want to talk about something else? Maybe we shouldn't cloud our thoughts too much over the Program right now." Johan continued. Ben couldn't think of much to talk about, a lot of his good humor seemed to be gone at the moment. Another rumble went through his stomach, a few pieces of bread weren't enough for him at the moment. "What's on my mind is food, and I doubt that will help us either."
Second Chances V2

Un67
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
"What's on my mind is food, and I doubt that will help us either."

Johan nodded. He was still a bit hungry too, but he figured he should save his food for later. In any case, he replied, "Yeah, that's probably not the best thing to talk about. Just curious, do you know anyone who was picked? I know a few people from the track team, Matt, Luke, and Jess I think. Probably will help us if we can get in touch with people who will trust us."

He then shrugged, and then began silently fuming, with his expression distorting slightly as the thought goes along...

I still can't believe I'm on here... in this forsaken propaganda show made by the government, and of course, especially the military. Not that there's any difference. And of course there will be those bourgeoisie media bastards, who may as well be paid propagandists, who profit out of all of this...

After he finished his thought, he shook his head slightly. He realized that it must have looked a bit strange, and said, "Sorry, I got caught up in some angry thoughts there."
Edited by Un67, Dec 21 2010, 11:16 PM.
The Program

SOTF-TV

Courtography
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"Yeah, that's probably not the best thing to talk about. Just curious, do you know anyone who was picked? I know a few people from the track team, Matt, Luke, and Jess I think. Probably will help us if we can get in touch with people who will trust us," Johan responded. Hey he knew Luke too, that was cool. "Yeah I know Luke, and a friend of mine, Megan, got picked." He felt like he knew some other people who were picked, but he couldn't remember who they were at the time.

It would be pretty cool though to meet up with them though, they were pretty cool.

Johan took on a weird, somewhat angry expression. He was about to ask if he was okay when he came out of it, "Sorry, I got caught up in some angry thoughts there." He figured angry thoughts happened, it wasn't a big deal. "Well as long as they don't involve me it's all good."
Second Chances V2

Un67
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Ben answered Johan's question, "Yeah I know Luke, and a friend of mine, Megan, got picked."

He nodded slightly, but his face was a bit contorted at this point, with his angry thoughts stirring inside.

A few seconds after thatm Johan apologized for his somewhat strange behavior, Ben replied, "Well as long as they don't involve me it's all good."

Johan shook his head. "Nah, it has nothing to do with you. It's with the Program in general. Anyways, better to vent our spleens now when we're safe then when we're sorry, right?"

He looked over at Ben. "Anyways, it's your turn if you'd like to take one. Obviously I'm not going to make you say anything out loud, private thoughts should stay private obviously."
Edited by Un67, Dec 22 2010, 02:09 AM.
The Program

SOTF-TV

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Armoury · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.