Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
RAF Binbrook on the AIR
Topic Started: Mar 26 2017, 08:47 PM (110 Views)
Dr_Bish
Member Avatar
Only Controller in the Village!
Next week-end 1/2 April 2017, the RAF Binbrook Heritage Centre is hosting the RAF Waddington Amateur Radio Club as part of the "Airfields on the Air" week-end.

Anyone who wishes to come along to this FREE event, is most welcome.

The call sign being used will be GB0BK.

If you fancy a new hobby, or are a radio ham already, why not pop in for a chat with the club members.

VHF 2m band (144mhz) FM local/national HF 80m (3.5mhz), SSB national. 40m (7mhz), SSB european. 20m (14mhz) SSB long distance global (hopefully!)

A few operators may use some of the more obscure bands/modes. Many prefer Morse (CW). Most use voice (FM/SSB)

I believe they are setting up at the remains of the Air Traffic Building, and why not....
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Flt Sim Tech

This is great news - I became a Radio Ham back in 1975 whilst at Binbrook - my call sign was G8MHL and I set up my station in my AMQ 21 Dale View Rd. Over time the family activities overtook the radio and I let the license lapse in the 1980's when I was seconded out to EASAMS/BAe in Camberley for 2.5yrs developing the Tornado F2/F3 software.
Now living in Scottsdale Arizona I have a US Amateur Radio license, I have been granted a personal callsign by the FCC - " W2RAF "
I am active on all of the bands that GBOBK will be operating on, will listen for you on 14Mhz - let me know if you have a time and freq schedule in mind ?

Dr_Bish
Member Avatar
It is all weekend mate.

I will be listening out on my receiver only. My licence has lapsed.... Maybe my FISO licence my cover?

Dr_Bish
Member Avatar
PLEASE NOTE: CALLSIGN CHANGED TO GB5BK

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply