Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Rcsnowcats. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Join our community

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
3D Printed Snow Blower + Spyker KAT Tracked Vehicle
Topic Started: Jan 23 2015, 04:05 AM (86,517 Views)
FrozenRC
Member Avatar

Any chance you would share the stls for those drilling templates I see next to your drill press?
Offline Profile Quote Post Profile

The_Great_Moo
Member Avatar

Yup after I ship out these 3 kits at the end of the week, ill finish up the current update and get it out, includes the drill guides in there too, I just made them, worked out great.

Here is some more pics too...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by The_Great_Moo, Nov 3 2015, 08:17 PM.

The_Great_Moo
Member Avatar

I found a nice solution to the drive-shaft difference. Uses the same printed drive-shaft part, just adding a second hole now. One hole is for the 2.5 diff, the other for the 3.3 diff. (About 2mm difference) The newer 3.3 diff uses the 1/4" washer, and the older 2.5 doesn't use any.

If you ran into this problem with your kit you should be able to just drill another hole in the drive-shaft, use the diff's output as a drill guide holding it next to it.

Way to tell the difference:
2.5 older = silver Phillips head screws
3.3 newer = black hex button screws

Posted Image
Edited by The_Great_Moo, Nov 4 2015, 01:12 AM.

The_Great_Moo
Member Avatar

Progress on my latest orders, all the small changes coming in the next STL update make it go together much easier. The smaller radius blades (only about 2mm) clear all the blots so you don't have to trim anything. The assembly goes so smoothly now! This really is a very ironed out machine now. CAN'T WAIT for some snow... I'm thinking of adding the option for a red colored blower, same color my printer is printed in...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by The_Great_Moo, Nov 4 2015, 07:46 AM.

drazzilb

The_Great_Moo
Nov 4 2015, 01:05 AM
I found a nice solution to the drive-shaft difference. Uses the same printed drive-shaft part, just adding a second hole now. One hole is for the 2.5 diff, the other for the 3.3 diff. (About 2mm difference) The newer 3.3 diff uses the 1/4" washer, and the older 2.5 doesn't use any.

If you ran into this problem with your kit you should be able to just drill another hole in the drive-shaft, use the diff's output as a drill guide holding it next to it.

Ok, then mine is a 3.3

Hayabusa32

So should I go with a 2.5 or 3.3?I need to order the belt too no idea what size.

FrozenRC
Member Avatar

The_Great_Moo
Nov 4 2015, 01:05 AM

There is even older 2 screw case as well. Not sure what "version" of maxx diff it is but it also uses the longer output shaft. I had bought a new 4 screw case and transferred the gears. That's where I ran into the issue. Shorter case + longer output.

The_Great_Moo
Member Avatar

Hayabusa32
Nov 4 2015, 07:33 PM
So should I go with a 2.5 or 3.3?I need to order the belt too no idea what size.
Either one will work just fine. If you ordered just the STL files you might need to re-print the drive-shaft when I release the next update (end of the week) or if I sent you a kit already the drive-shaft in the last kits I sent out worked perfectly with the newer 3.3 diff (black hex screws on the case).

Belt size is 12" XL series belt, I think the part number is 120XL This is where I order mine: http://www.mcmaster.com/#1679k24/=zo4mei

FrozenRC - I'm not sure about a 2 screw case, do you have a link to a image of it? I would go for the 2.5 or 3.3 T-Maxx / E-Maxx

Hayabusa32

Thanks for the info Moo,keep up the great work.I have a Davinci on the way.Can't wait.

The_Great_Moo
Member Avatar

So I just got something in the mail today...

Posted Image

SCX10 + Snow Blower = ?

I got some more designing to do!

Posted Image
Edited by The_Great_Moo, Nov 5 2015, 01:39 AM.

MGuzzi
Member Avatar

There are lots of SCX10's out there that will be a very cool addition to your line up.
The Snowblower has really matured into a fine product, good fortunes with it..
Cheers MGuzzi

The_Great_Moo
Member Avatar

I will get the new STL update out within a few more days, of all people my mom actually gave me a really good idea for something to add to the kits. A guard shroud for both the motor and the rotation servo. Working on the shape right now. With a servo guard you won't need to water proof the servo to protect it from melting snow. Same with the motor, I'm going to try to make the guard "float" over the motor so it still has plenty of air flow. I'll post pics soon.

I'm also working on building 2 more printers, after that I will try and make a mounting system for the SCX10, and then finally start on my own snow cat!
Edited by The_Great_Moo, Nov 9 2015, 08:39 PM.

The_Great_Moo
Member Avatar

I got some really nice new accessories designed for the blower.

Posted Image

CJS4

Will they fit on the original version?
Any idea of price?

The_Great_Moo
Member Avatar

The new accessories will fit on any old blowers, they will be included in the next STL file update for free and included in all future orders. For any past orders though I will have to figure out a price (mainly would want something to at least cover shipping cost) I still need to print them and see how the work out still though! lol

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Blizzard SR & FR · Next Topic »
Add Reply