QCC GreenBoard
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
This is a Discussion Board for the QCC Sustainability Project
Welcome to QCC Greenboard. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our Sustainability discussion forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join the QCC GreenBoard, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Let's start a campuswide carpool; Professors I need your help!
Topic Started: Apr 7 2009, 12:29 AM (570 Views)
gmagee72
Professors! I need your help.
My name is grace Magee and I am the clean air and energy project leader for our campus' NYPIRG chapter. I want to begin a campuswide carpool but I am stuck on how to get it started. It will take a lot of work but it will be a huge step in lowering our campus' carbon footprint. I am going to discuss ideas with student government but will any of you be willing to bring it up in your classes in order to get people signed on? This is an important project and I will not be able to carry it out without your help.
Also, I am starting weekly street/campus clean ups. On Earth day (April 22nd) I will be encouraging people to sign up. I will be doing these spring cleanups regardless of hving enough recruits but I would still like to get as many people involved as pissible. I am looking to do this WEDNESDAY mornings at 11 am. Will any of you be willing to advertise in your classes? Please reply and I will get back to you with more information. Thanks! Please email me as soon as possible Any input is MOST APPRECIATED
GMagee72@tigermail.qcc.cuny.edu
Grace Magee

Quote Post Goto Top Offline Profile
Myoung
I think the campus carpooling is a wonderful idea. I know that carpooling is apart of QCC Sustainability Council objectives. Campus cleanup is important, their are a lot of students that feel the same way that you do lets hope we can reach out to them, we could add your idea of these volunteers to sustainability maintenance of our campus.

Quote Post Goto Top Offline Profile
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Queensborough Community College / CUNY