Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
re-worked my old Infinity scenery into Judge Dredd-isch scenery; But forgot the billboards
Topic Started: Jun 6 2018, 12:39 PM (122 Views)
Bobscene
Super Mutant
[ * ]
Hey,

some years ago I made this scenery set ment for the game Infinity.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It was an attempt to create a non destroyed, a more 'clean', sci-fi world.
I was only half happy with it. Looked to much as if the characters where on a fair ground.
What bothered me most was that it did not fit my other scenery (which was all dystopian/grey).
So... one day I ruined it even more by spraying/dripping some black paint paint on it, in an attempt to make fit better, to make it more dirty.
Of course this was not the proper way of weathering it, so the result was disappointing.
Again most parts ended in a box never to be used again.

Lately however I've been repurposing/re-working this scenery bit by bit.
The make-over of the mats maybe you already saw in one of my earlier posts.
Some parts, as f.i. the landing pad or the 'factory tower', got re-worked in my Necromunda scenery.

I changed some colors, dulled them down a bit.
But the biggest change was that I cut up most of the 'ground buildings' into their separate facades and started mixing up/re-combining these facades, leaving out the less detailed (most boring) ones, and using them as support to/under the road.

I found a small Hotwheels building when clearing my son's old toys, painted it and included it also.

Posted Image

What also bothered me was the gaps between the road sections (based on a toy) where they interlock. So I fixed this also.
Last notes: I forgot to add the advertising billboards in the foto shoot. Maybe I will rework these also and add them later on.
Also forgot to include the walkways and the ladders and other parts that where not altered.

Enough rambling on to the pics !

"Maybe we can park our car here"
"Yeah ...let's check this town out"
Posted Image`

Posted Image

"Maybe they got some sushi here ?"
Posted Image

"Strange, everything looks abandoned"
Posted Image

"Nope, no-one here either"
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What do you think ?
Ciao !
Edited by Bobscene, Jun 7 2018, 05:53 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fimm McCool
Ghoul
[ * ]
That looks a very suitable Mega City! The overzoom is a thing of beauty and the grungy colours mixed with the fairly clean curved shapes gives it just the right comic book vibe. Nice one.

Bobscene
Super Mutant
[ * ]
Thanks Fimm !

On the 'curved shapes' topic ... (one of my all time favorite topics)
These walls/barricades, and the little (unpainted) 'tent' on the second foto are made with the same plastic packaging (carrots).

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

What will a scenery builder like me do, as happens like the E.U. wants, and they ban all plastic packaging ???
Edited by Bobscene, Jun 6 2018, 01:24 PM.

tinker
Member Avatar
CEO of "Rat-on-a-Stick" Industries
[ * ]
The elevated road is something I have always felt would be a great piece of terrain, and your use of it has left me feeling correct in that expectation.

I wish ya lived next door so I could work with you on terrain!

Bobscene
Super Mutant
[ * ]
Yeah Tinker,
that would be fun !

If you are ever in the neighborhood of Ghent, or Belgium (it's a tiny country) you are more then welcome !

If ever you wish to build your own elevated road I may have a tip for you.
On the pic below you see the second hand 'autobahn' I used.
But what was even more key to the build was the marble coaster (track and pillars)

Posted Image

I had to put some cement in the base of the pillars for sake of stability.

Posted Image

Edited by Bobscene, Jun 6 2018, 06:23 PM.

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Wow, I feel like I on the streets of Mega City One. Good work.

Bobscene
Super Mutant
[ * ]
Thanks your Warlordship

(basking in his lordships approval)

:pipboy1:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Post Apoc Terrain! · Next Topic »
Add Reply