Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Solo game "Zombie Siege"; Testing home brew zombie game rules
Topic Started: Apr 10 2018, 09:35 AM (100 Views)
Bobscene
Tribal Savage
[ * ]

Hey,

as says in the title and topic description, this is the post in which I play-test "Zombie Siege", a zombie game with home brew rules.
You can find the rules (still under construction) at the "Rules discussion" department of this site.

The zombie infestation has been raging on for years now, it has wiped out most of the human population. Cities are crammed with zombies. The few survivors have fled to deserted area's hoping to start some sort of a new live after the apocalyps.

These dusty settlement however are not safe from zombies. The zombies roam the earth as if it where herds.
And this little settlement is about to be stampeded by such a herd...

Posted Image

To be continued...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bobscene
Tribal Savage
[ * ]

They called him "the serge" since he was a military man before the apoc. He lived on the outer skirts of the camp.
He had heard the growling noises of the zombie herd and was one of the first to understand that it was important to get in a good fighting position or else... get the hell out !

Posted Image

Vanja was not really a part of this settlement he was just in camp trading some junk he collected when he heard the undead screeches.

Posted Image

The serge did not run, instead he went deeper into the camp hoping to find some help in battle or at least maybe some means of transportation cause the camp lied surrounded by vast stretches of wasteland.

Posted Image

The first house he contacts, no-one, no-one alive that is ...in stead he finds one zombie feasting on the remains of the old inhabitants.

Posted Image

Vanja meets the trader, they decide to team up.

Posted Image

"I have a decent ride" the trader, called Chuck expressed.

Posted Image

But he added, "but no petrol..".
"Let's look around for some" Vanja replied, "a lot of people have fled the camp in panic, there must be tons of stuff left behind".
"I would not count on it" Chuck knew this settlement was one of the poorest and plundering would be high risk and low profit.

And sure enough, when they open the cockpit to the car they find 2 zombies.

Posted Image

"Damn ! let 's get out of here. You Run I try to keep them on a distance !" Chuck started blasting away at the rapidly growing herd. While Vanja runs into an empty shanty shack.

Posted Image

The serge on the other hand has also an encounter with a survivor...

Posted Image

To be continued...

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Looks good so far. More!

Bobscene
Tribal Savage
[ * ]
Which does start to shoot at him without asking questions, so the serge jumps, injured but alive, of the truck in an attempt to escape.

Posted Image

The zombies show amazing initiative and surprise Chuck badly, he got bitten.
His newly found alley Vanja has found a flamethrower but he can 't get the damn thing started...
Chuck tries to crawl to safety be he can 't escape his fate, he will turn in 4 rounds.

Posted Image

Everybody underestimates the speed in which the zombies engulfed the settlement. Vanja does not notice he was not alone on the top floor of the shack...

Posted Image

Chuck tries to climb to safety, Vanja makes a run for it by trying to leap from the rooftop.

Posted Image

To be continued...
Edited by Bobscene, Apr 10 2018, 12:20 PM.

Bobscene
Tribal Savage
[ * ]
Finally some luck for The Serge, the angry survivor who shot him has lost interest and has fled the scene.

Whats more, he meets Yvan, a 'friendly shooter' not a healer (so he can't help him with his injured leg) but an important ally non the less.
Still not being able to move around at his max speed the serge decides to hide in a nearby trailer and Yvan will search and maybe hot-wire a car that looks as if it could still run.

Posted Image

Luck sure is turning cause meanwhile Vanja is getting bitten twice, he also will turn in 4 rounds.

Posted Image

" There are just to many of them ! No time to search anymore, let's get out of here !"

Posted Image

While crawling for his life, Vanja finds some more credits , the second token he reaches, the second one with barely a lousy 1 credit on it...

Posted Image

It 's at this stage the voice of God says: "I'm off to bed ? Are you coming ?" (the voice of God sounds exactly as my wife her voice, strange..)
So here the game ends.

The after calculations give:

Team 'Vanja':
Is now with 2 members, leader Vanja and shooter Chuck.
Vanja also finds 2 credits + shooter Chuck shoots 1 Z (= 1 credit) = total of 3 credits.
Chuck rolls 5 on the 'dead is not dead ' list meaning: he gets a -1 'leg injury' (will change the rules and make that -2) at his speed, next game.
Vanja also found a flamethrower (but could not make it function, yet). He had not turned yet at the end of the game so he will be ok next time.

Team 'The Serge':
has also a new 'shooter' member, called Yvan. Yvan found a grenade launcher in the car (55 on the loot list).
And the Serge killed 1 Z, so there is a lousy 1 credit in their savings-pot.
And yeah...while hiding in the trailer The Serge found a 63 on the loot list, a wounded little bird. He will not be taking part in the action next game, he 'll be taking care of his birdy instead...

Hope you enjoyed it ?
I did !
Ciao !

(some changes and cleaning up on the rules will follow shortly)

tinker
Member Avatar
CEO of "Rat-on-a-Stick" Industries
[ * ]
:pipboy: A good After Action Report!

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Great after game report.

Bobscene
Tribal Savage
[ * ]
Thanks gents,

I'm planning on running a solo campaign, so you should be seeing more of these guy's.
Trouble is where to put my scenery. I don't have a designated game room so it is always a hassle to place the scenery/lighting.
But ... I like doing this, so that is not really going to stop me.

Till next time,
ciao,
Bobscene

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · P.A. Campaigns and Batreps · Next Topic »
Add Reply