Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Warlords town terrain collection; Helsreach
Topic Started: Mar 2 2018, 08:31 PM (458 Views)
mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Ever since I was asked to co host the Helsreach table with Curtis from Ramshackle games at the 2018 Bring Your Own Lead show I have been a little worried that I would not have enough buildings to cover a 8 X 4 foot table, which will make up the town side of Helsreach.

So I set up my 4 X 3 board and started to pile out my collection of township terrain.

First table

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Second table

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Table 3

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I can safely say there is enough to fill one table. Some bits need a little tlc, not surprising as some of these models are over 12 years old. Helsreach will have a shanty, industrial zone and the commercial zone for the Star Bastards to fight over.

The other part of the table will be wastelands. I will be bringing a few bits to break the wastelands up.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nobody667
Member Avatar
Wastelander
[ * ]
Good stuff! Looks like a fun table to fight on.

Bobscene
Super Mutant
[ * ]
:drool: So many cool things !

Very inspiring, a lot of ideas I like to pinch.
To facilitate 'the pinching' are there other articles (not messed up by the PB treachery ?) with WIP or detail shots ?

Hard to pick a favorite... the large slum shack in the first picture (top right) I imagine if you could take the roof off there could be a maze of little rooms, or the rusted plate or other type of walls/fences love the diversity, or the billboard, or the 'Pringle towers' (last foto's), or the 2 'airplane hangar shaped' buildings, etc...

I like how you combine: commercial bits, scratch build, found packaging etc... very creative.

What I also learned is that I definitively need more car wrecks on my board, no PA world is compleet without them

As a small remark: I don't like bases, never have, buildings without bases just blend in better with the surroundings I think. That is why I try to avoid them.

More !

mr wasteland
Member Avatar
Wastelander
[ * ]
Awesome. So much stuff.Looks great

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
@ Bobscene it is a Bar, the Glowing Lamb. More detailed pictures can be found here:

Glowing Lamb Bar

The bar took years to build on and off. It is built from the contents of the bits box. I will see if I can find any wip pictures.

Hollander
Member Avatar
Wasteland Warrior
[ * ]
Confronting your fears is a good idea..most of the time.. great collection of buildings and "scatter" material..

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Cheers.....I have a small tub of scatter terrain I haven't even shown.

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
@bobscene The air plane hanger style buildings are built from a pringles tube. Cut a 110mm length, chop it in half, add front and back walls. Add the roof coverings and other detail. Easy.

I have based and unbased models. I usually base a model if it needs it. It adds some strength to the structure. Sometimes it allows for extra detail to the model. Little details add life to the model I find.

Bobscene
Super Mutant
[ * ]
Thanks for the info Warlord,

The Glowing Lamb is even better then I imagined it when the roof was still on !!!

Super how you set an atmosphere and again can tell a complete story with all the details involved. :bow:

Never was interested in doing interiors but when I see this it makes a lot of sense and fun. If only I had some more time I would try it myself.
But little time does not mean no projects, I have finished a small project also inspired by this post, go check the 'Vehicle WIP' section if interested...

Crazy Joe
Mutant Hunter
[ * ]
Lots of great pieces!

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
@bobscene It is fun to do full interiors but it can take a long time.

TheMightyFlip
Member Avatar
Wasteland Warrior
[ * ]
Nifty stuff, looks like a fun table to have a good scrap amongst (with miniatures...not grown blokes....that would be silly ¬_¬ ).

Where is the Bring out your lead being held?

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
@MightyFlip It is up around Nottingham at Foundry Miniatures. I suspect I will be coming home with some new lead. 😂😂

TheMightyFlip
Member Avatar
Wasteland Warrior
[ * ]
You mean down Nottingham way? Dats the deep south that like

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
True...but you may one of those southers.

Brummie
Member Avatar
Boss Sec Man
[ * ]
You have got some great looking setups there!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Post Apoc Terrain! · Next Topic »
Add Reply