Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MBG Minis WIP 2018; More meat for the wasteland grinder.
Topic Started: Jan 10 2018, 07:27 PM (164 Views)
mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
This here thread is a WIP for the minis I am working on this year. Hopefully it will help keep me motivated.

First up, a couple of Nu Necromunda gangs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The are nice figures but are not really multi pose. My big whinge is they heads are two part and are very fiddly to assemble.

I also got these two from TT Combat.

Posted Image

The lady figure's arm snapped when trying to fit it. So I raided the Necromunda Esher sprue, trimmed an arm and hey presto fixed figure.

Here is how they scale with the Nu Necromunda fodder.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

They are a little smaller but can be used as juves. I guess they will fit with the original Necromunda figures.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tinker
Member Avatar
CEO of "Rat-on-a-Stick" Industries
[ * ]
Sweet miniatures Warlord!

William Grim
Member Avatar
Scavenger
[ * ]
those are some sweet sculpts, there is a lot of buzz surrounding necromunda right now :coffee: . do you play or just like the minis for other rule sets? :WTF:

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
I am hoping to get some games in.

Brummie
Member Avatar
Boss Sec Man
[ * ]
Nice progress with the assembly. I have some BV Ant Soldiers to assemble and one to convert and I am not looking forward to it as I hate working with resin.

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Here are a few more WIPs. I got the Nu Necromunda Orlocks assembled. They go together nicely, much better than the Eshers and Golaiths. They have one peice heads which helps. The Orlocks are going to be a trader convoy road guards. They have a certain Road warrior look to them and fit the Post Apocalyptic theme.

Posted Image

Posted Image

One thing that I do not like about these minis is the hipster beards and mustaches. I am not a fan of the look and they certainly don't fit the wastelands. As they are going to be out in the wastes it wasn't too difficult to make some greenstuff face scarves.

In general I like the Orlock kit and there are plenty of spares for conversions. The spare heavy weapons will be adorning some wasteland big hitter vehicles.

As I have been playing the Mad Max video game of late, I have been getting inspired to build a Wasteland Milita for the many strongholds out in the wastelands. Firearms especially automatic weapons are limited. These are usually armed with bows, crossbows and melee weapons. There is a long shot sniper and a couple of people with common firearms (pistol and shotgun).

Posted Image

Posted Image

The figures are WIP and are bitzas of old GW Mordenheim, Warlord Zulu War British, Warlord WW2 British and Wargames Factory Apocalypse Survivors. The arms and heads of the Apocalypse Survivors swap nicely with the Warlord figures. The figures need a bit of green stuff and some bits to finish them.

Bobscene
Tribal Savage
[ * ]

Haha, I agree, there will be no hipster beards needed after the apocalypse !

Nice work on the customizing and the bitz figures.

I like the last 2 groups the best. That is my personal flavor, I just like the understated figures better then the 'over the top' ones.

Still...would not mind to have some of those also...
Edited by Bobscene, Apr 9 2018, 04:48 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Minis WIP · Next Topic »
Add Reply