Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Post Apo Hummer; From zero to miniature
Topic Started: Oct 30 2017, 05:55 PM (89 Views)
Kubajaniak
Mutant
[ * ]
Hello everyone. I would like to show you some of my project which i'm working on. The idea is to create 3D model, divide it into flat parts, and make it in plasticard. Here is progress so far. 3D model, flat parts on paper, model made from cardboard to first test (i have only 28mm orcs to show the scale). Doesn't look good, but in plasticard should be better. Let me know what do you think :)

Cheers

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tinker
Member Avatar
CEO of "Rat-on-a-Stick" Industries
[ * ]
One of my favorite materials, card. Looks very good to my eye.

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Good start.

Crazy Joe
Road Warrior
[ * ]
Looking good!

Moramarth
Coldheart
[ * ]
Looks like a good start. Don't worry too much about producing a bang-on 1:56th scale HMMWV, something of roughly the right size and shape will do. The Humvee has already been cloned (the Chinese have had several goes, the most successful of which is the Dongfeng Meng Shi) and I don't doubt there will be more look-a-likes to come. The Humvee already comes in a variety of flavours, and there are also locally built variations on these, e.g. the Moroccan Army "Technical", a cargo Humvee cut down to the level of the bottom of the windows and ZU-23-2 Russian (or Chinese clone thereof) AA gun mounted on the bed. If you do intend to add a lot of detail, work out a minimum number of sub-assemblies, build them once and copy them in resin or white metal; there are people on this group more expert than I who can advise you on that.

Regards,

M

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Vehicle WIP · Next Topic »
Add Reply