Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Factious Waste: Miniature Skirmish; Tabletop skirmish game putting a modern twist on a classic genre
Topic Started: Oct 9 2017, 04:52 PM (930 Views)
Fimm McCool
Ghoul
[ * ]
Factious Waste has arrived on Kickstarter after 4 years of testing, refining, destroying and honing.

Posted Image

Factious Waste Kickstarter

Trash Runners,
their glamorous mission? Delivering precious tons of household refuse across the barren earth of outworld.

Form up your posse for adventure as you head across the desolate wastelands. Face down rival gangs trying to steal your cargo, barbaric tribes defending ancestral hunting grounds, anarchic revolutionaries raging against the machine and crazed enforcers wielding deadly judgement.

This is the world of Factious Waste, a cinematic tabletop skirmish game which blends strategy with narrative roleplay. Factious Waste is set in a near-future dystopia, drawing on the traditions of classic comics and action movies from the 80s and giving them a twist for the 21st century.

Posted Image

The principles of the game fit on a couple of pages. Characters have six core statistics which combine to affect the outcome of their actions. Characters with high Decisiveness activate before those with a lower value and models can perform a number of actions during their activation equal to their Stamina rating.

The majority of the rules section is made up of six action tables: Movement, Relational (interaction with environment and other models), Shooting, Grappling, Driving and Reacting to the actions of other models. This allows characters to do anything from jumping between buildings to programming machinery, interrogating enemy models to high speed car chases. All in a concise and easy-to-reference format. We've even produced a super-slim reference booklet so you don't need to carry the large book around with you.

With twenty five scenarios included in the rulebook, a strong emphasis on objectives and a comprehensive campaign system Factious Waste instinctively plays out as an engrossing narrative. Players have to work their posses to their characters' strengths and plan their strategy carefully. With combat only one element of the game the stealth, leadership and charisma of your characters all play a crucial role in achieving your objectives.

A Factious Waste scenario typically takes between 1 and 1.5 hours. Games take place on a 3' square board so can be played where space is at a premium. Posse creation is simple 3-step process and the War for 1984 and Faction Packs come with pre-generated posses allowing you to get started right away.

Full Campaign System: Posses earn experience, gain skills, acquire traits, take and heal injuries, buy, sell and steal equipment, report each other to the authorities, customise their vehicles, recruit new members and take part in many other activities in a comprehensive yet simple between-game sequence.

The KICKSTARTER is running now and ends on the 22nd October. There are four pledge levels- rulebook only, miniatures only, boxed starter set and completionist, with plenty of add-ons and stretch goals to add extra dimensions to the game.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ramshackle_Curtis
Member Avatar
Super Mutant
[ * ]
Yo Fimm! The figures look great in this game. Weird and odd but in a good way. They make a great set!

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Good looking game, I have backed it. Looking forward to seeing it.

Fimm McCool
Ghoul
[ * ]
Cheers guys. I love mashing stuff together for an eclectic effect!

tinker
Member Avatar
CEO of "Rat-on-a-Stick" Industries
[ * ]
That's that feel of a PA environment, bits and pieces to rebuild.

Fimm McCool
Ghoul
[ * ]
Following a re-think of the release schedule the pdf rulebook will be available next week. The live campaign 'War 1984' will go live at the same time and the first miniatures release should happen around the beginning of December. Printed rulebooks are planned for pre-orders in February.

Posted Image

We're featured on the Skirmish Supremacy Podcast on Monday night so check it out if you're interested in learning a bit more ahead of the release.
Edited by Fimm McCool, Nov 2 2017, 05:34 PM.

Fimm McCool
Ghoul
[ * ]
Posted Image

Three lots of news:

PDF rulebooks now available at the Oakbound Shop.

The War 1984 Live Campaign is now running, visit the blog to get involved.

We are appearing on the Skirmish Supremacy podcast tonight with a bit of a ramble about the game, its rules and its world.

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Cool.

Any plans for figure releases?

Fimm McCool
Ghoul
[ * ]
Yes indeed. But it will be a slow process a drip at a time. I have a dozen of 'the best' from the KS picked and almost ready to go to the caster. Any income from sales of those will go towards the next set etc. Need to sell a few more pdfs first though!

Fimm McCool
Ghoul
[ * ]
A few new minis available, including some film references you might spot.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Oakbound Studio

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Cool looking figures.

Fimm McCool
Ghoul
[ * ]
Thanks dude. Gearing up for a new rulebook-only kickstarter around Easter.

Bobscene
Super Mutant
[ * ]
Hey mister McCool did you see my entry for your x-mas challenge in the terrain section ?

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Post_Apoc_Wargames/topic/8182130/1/#new

It's just that I am curious about any other entries, could you put up a link to their work ?

Thanks !

Fimm McCool
Ghoul
[ * ]
Hi Bobscene,

Sorry, I hadn't seen your entry- it looks fab. Nice to see the Grenadier Future Warriors on it too, I've been using them as my demo minis!
I don't know of anyone else who entered so congratulations, that makes you the winner! Send me a PM with your address and I'll dig out a prize for you. :)

Bobscene
Super Mutant
[ * ]
:bouncy: Whoohoo ! :bouncy:

:good: TANX mister Fimm ! :good:

I just PM-ed you my adres.
:pipboy1:

Brummie
Member Avatar
Boss Sec Man
[ * ]
Some funky looking sculpts. I think I recognise 2 so job well done on that count!

Fimm McCool
Ghoul
[ * ]
Posted Image

Fresh new cover art from Simon Lee Tranter completes the artwork for the print rulebook. Planning for a rulebook-only Kickstarter in March or April.

Brummie
Member Avatar
Boss Sec Man
[ * ]
Lovely! Liking the license plate armour as well. Neat idea!

Bobscene
Super Mutant
[ * ]

Look what I got in the mail ! :bouncy:

A bunch of tokens, 2 mini's (Judge Frett and Priest Consomar, fun and imaginative sculpts, like them very much)
also got the assorted 'scrap pile' objective counters and some dice.

Tanx Fimm !

( :whisper: now see if I can find someone to paint them for me)

Posted Image

Crazy Joe
Mutant Hunter
[ * ]
Like the cover art and those scrap piles are ace!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · New Releases & Stuff · Next Topic »
Add Reply