Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Warlord...
Topic Started: Jan 5 2014, 09:13 PM (1,211 Views)
mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Okay here is my choices for the Warlord Mad Dan of Fortress of Rust, The Mound, Republic of Dan, mattblackgod's world.

Which one to choose?? Whats your thoughts?

Posted Image
L-R NY3K ganger, A mix & Match Wastelander I made and Jakar Nilson NY3k Legends (NY3K figures are available from East Riding Minis)

1. The NY3k Ganger is intimidating looking. If I was to use him as a Warlord some crude tattoos will be added along with a nasty looking fire arm.

2. The Mix & Match Wastelander (Sham) has a look about him. Nothing much needed for him. He has a certain air about him helped by the staff and cloak. This Wastelander is a mix of 40K & WHFB parts with a Westwind Bikers head. The staff is a converted spear and the shotgun is scratch built. The figure will need touching up as it appears the paint is chipped on the head. :(

3. The last one is Jakar Nilson figure. A nice mini with a double barrelled shotgun and a sinister looking helmet. He would make a good gang boss. But would he cut it as a Warlord??

Which one should I use for the part? Pick a number!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tinker
Member Avatar
CEO of "Rat-on-a-Stick" Industries
[ * ]
Number 1 for Warlord.

He's big, intimidating to look at, and the Hockey Mask hides his expression. Ya might want to get a couple more just to paint them up differently and give them different weapons.

Hollander
Member Avatar
Wasteland Warrior
[ * ]
No2 for warlord. He is kewl wearing shades like real dictator :(|shades: and someones skull on a stick. Obviously he is powerfull, otherwise this small figure could not have risen to the seat of power he's holding now. and he's got a grey/white beard, if he survived long enough to grow a grey beard he must be a cunning master of something at least, Is the skull all that remains of the previous warlord?

and he's got a big double barrelled gun thing :rl: .. so he's always right. The big boy is mattblackgod, the other is unpainted. So using the grey warlord him he'll saves you another paintjob. .. and he is beardy. :Che: :doh: .. and did you mention he is a biker? :bravo:
Edited by Hollander, Jan 5 2014, 10:33 PM.

Mr. Clean
Member Avatar
Wasteland Legend/Cat Skinner/Bad Speller/Super Nice Guy B^)
[ * ]
1!

heavyfishcannon
Member Avatar
Wastelander
[ * ]
I'm going to say number one. it being your avatar, there might be a bias!

dicehead
Member Avatar
Mutant Hunter
[ * ]
I like 1 best.

Rych
Member Avatar
Time flies when your having Rum
[ * ]
Another vote for 1
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

foe42
Member Avatar
Wasteland Pilgrim/ Master of Repopulation
[ * ]
i like #3

Rad Blight
Member Avatar
Wasteland Warrior
[ * ]
Quote:

sinister looking helmet
:yikes:

You been hanging around Ol' Greg again?

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Ol Gregg needs hugs too Rad! Just don't turn your back, drink the Baileys or stare directly into his/it's mangina!

Oh by the way I put in a good word with him/it for you. ;) :run:

Rad Blight
Member Avatar
Wasteland Warrior
[ * ]
:jaw:

skink
Mutant
[ * ]
I`d go with 2. I don`t know if it`s the staff or the beard, but to me he has something strangely charismatic and insane about him, like a post-nuclear Rasputin. I`d follow this guy to the end of the world.

morrigan
Wastelander
[ * ]
I kinda like 2 as well. Maybe with 1 as his enforcer. Sort of a master/blaster thing.

nasa911
Member Avatar
Raider
[ * ]
I like all three, but, Tinker said what I think, #1. You will need a few of it to try a couple different things. Maybe the Warlord has doppelgangers? :bdh:
#Two is mean and looks good, but I hate 40K!!! I know they have soo many bits.. :no:
#Three, it awesome and I want one! BUT, he is in an action pose, and we all know the warlord is too fast to be caught in an action pose. Like trying to take a picture of lightning?? :bouncy:
I say 1. It is the right Ominous feel to it .. :rl: that you do what the Warlord says going on!!! :worship:

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Looking at the pictures I prefer No2 as the Warlord. I think a grizzled veteran would be more likely to lead a warband rather than a huge brute.

Firstly let me say Thank you to everyone who voted & placed their opinions. Counting up the votes cast here and over on my blog...here are the results. Tinker - a Oil Drum roll please!!

Number 1: Seven Votes
Number 2: Five Votes
Number 3: Two Votes

So here he is....your NEW Warlord....

Posted Image

So I plan to add tattoos and a big shooter. While he is well equipped for close combat you need to bring more than a huge chopper to a gun fight!!

tinker
Member Avatar
[ * ]
I think it's a good decision... The visual impact is greater than #2, because we, as observers of outward appearances only don't know what is inside a man/woman. Such as Master Blaster. Until the helmet was removed of Blaster in the Thunderdome we didn't know the brains of the operation was really Master.

As such keep #2 and use him as "that man behind the curtain!"
Edited by tinker, Jan 25 2014, 09:09 PM.

sindex
Member Avatar
Ghoul
[ * ]
Yea, i think #2 would make a great advisor/guide but less as the warlord. Besides, the warlord should always be the biggest in the line up, and #1 is like lord humungus on steroids... more steroids that is.

Mr. Clean
Member Avatar
Wasteland Legend/Cat Skinner/Bad Speller/Super Nice Guy B^)
[ * ]
:bow: ALL HAIL THE WARLORD!!! :jam:

Right?#2 would be a awesome "advisor"..............he needs a name.Stanky Butts? :satan:

tinker
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Right out of the Wasteland's... outhouses comes "Stanky Butts!"

sindex
Member Avatar
Ghoul
[ * ]
Stanky Butts is here clean up this town...or something...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Warlord's Challenge 2014 · Next Topic »
Add Reply