Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Warlord's Challenge 2014; Are you ready?
Topic Started: Jan 3 2014, 04:18 PM (2,054 Views)
mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
There has been much talk around the bar and camp fires of a Challenge to make 2014. So are you ready?? :witchdr:

You will be required to make a mini for your wastelands, the only stipulation is that it must be a mini you and it must reflect how you would see yourself if this was your mini's home in the wastelands. You can mix in anything that you feel reflects you. For instance Tinker may do a figure with some sort of Rat on a Stick or beer barrel. Of course that doesn't mean that you can't further embellish it with your own character traits. For instance a Scotsman may want a kilt or Claymore on his figure.

There is no limit on the figure scale, after all you may want to use your mini you in your own table top adventures. If you are a print and play gamer you may want to make a figure from a collage or draw your own if you wish.

Again, like all the other challenges this is just for fun. There is no reward. The idea is get some interaction going and the have a bit of fun.

If you really want a prize I am sure we can get Tinker to send you a DIY Rat on a Stick kit, complete with dead rat. :lol: Or a date with Ol Gregg.... :glomp: What you don't want a prize?? Okay then!! :lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
Wiggles
Member Avatar
Super Mutant
[ * ]
mattblackgod
Jan 3 2014, 04:18 PM
You will be required to make a mini for your wastelands, the only stipulation is that it must be a mini you and it must reflect how you would see yourself if this was your mini's home in the wastelands.
So looking for some guidance here, when you say "this was your mini's home" do you mean the community and very vague meta-setting of the PAWGF?

Also; Hollander, wow, that's some great stuff!

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
PAWGF???

What I mean is how you see yourself in this community but the figure should be acceptable to your gaming genre/background. No point doing a fallout style figure if you play SSS (unless you are doing it for fun). Or a SSS figure if you have a Babylons Burning setting (man they would get hot with all those layers!!). Basically it is so you can use the figure in your own games.

Wiggles
Member Avatar
Super Mutant
[ * ]
Thanks.

Post Apocalyptic Wargames Forum.

Fool...

:P

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Ahhhhh.....never heard of them! :lol:

HVNSNTSOLDIER
Member Avatar
Coldheart
[ * ]
Hmmm... might just try my hand at this.

Ideas List:
Clothing- Green hoodie (scrawled on the back is "Oh Death, where is your victory, Oh Death where is your sting?" in Latin, either tan cargo pants or ragged blue jeans, sneakers (my usual attire, but now more ragged and roughly patched up)
Armor- Mixture of improvised scrap armor and power armor/exo-suit segments (always loved powered armor :P )
Equipment- Respirator, Backpack, Canteen
Weaponry- "Lola" (imagine a more wasteland-ish version of the Zorg Industries ZF-1 gun), Colt .32 Special Police Pistol (handed down to me by my grandfather), Henry Repeater Rifle (cause they're awesome!), a trailer hitch mace. and various cobbled together offensive and defensive wutzits (I like to tinker)
Companion- Rylee the Wasteland Laboradoodle! (based off of my puppy with the same name. Even thought of some rules for her: as long as she's with me in close combat, I am granted +1 attack and can re-roll grapple maneuvers. If she is removed from the game for whatever reason, however, I loose these benefits.)

Tell me what you think!
Edited by HVNSNTSOLDIER, May 15 2014, 03:49 AM.

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Sounds cool. Now get to it! :lol:

angel barracks
Member Avatar
Teeny Weeny
[ * ]
Is there a closing date?

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Nope, get to it! :D

angel barracks
Member Avatar
Teeny Weeny
[ * ]
Will do, just need to figure out what a 6mm me looks like in the wasted earth...

HVNSNTSOLDIER
Member Avatar
Coldheart
[ * ]
Seeing as there are absolutely NO hobby shops in my area, and I'm limited on what I can purchase online, a sketch might have to suffice for now of what my character will be like.

Hollander
Member Avatar
Wasteland Warrior
[ * ]
:coffee: HF came up with a new Hollander..uh...Woody, Modern trooper #9. :drool: .. Resin is a bit steep priced...But I have to buy at least a metal one .. and I got a new (fishing/combat) vest as a birthday present, as it's color is sandbrown instead of light olive or black :oops: I have to repaint the "old" HF Lazarus or buy me 3rd..Otherwise the mini me is all wrong.... ..when did I become a geek.. :frustry:

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Sounds cool....

We all have that inner geek hidden away. It just needs releasing! :lol:

tinker
Member Avatar
CEO of "Rat-on-a-Stick" Industries
[ * ]
Ya, and that is why Old Gregg prows the Wastelands... looking to unleash the inner geek! I prefer to keep my inner geek in my inner trousers!! :lol:

Hollander
Member Avatar
Wasteland Warrior
[ * ]
Tinker
Jun 30 2014, 05:31 AM
... looking to unleash the inner geek! I prefer to keep my inner geek in my inner trousers!! :lol:
:coffee: Inner geek? ah you mean little Hollander. :magnify: The little one is like boss Hollander ...go for it ...head 1st and all the way..
also the doctor says he needs lots of fresh air and plenty of excercise .. :cheers:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Warlord's Challenge 2014 · Next Topic »
Add Reply