Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rusty's Hot Wheels'o'doom
Topic Started: Dec 11 2012, 03:59 PM (2,841 Views)
Legionnaire
Member Avatar
Wasteland Warrior
[ * ]
Very nice work indeed mate! Love the details.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

london1662
Member Avatar
Cannie!
[ * ]
:jaw: simply :jaw: out F***ing standing! it's the detail.....for a hot wheels car that size!............oh and the painting of course!

AL

eilif
Raider
[ * ]
Wow,
I'm getting ideas for customizing 1/43 cars from these. Really excellent job!

RustBucket
Member Avatar
Raider
[ * ]
Cheers fellas, 2 down, 6 to go!

Pretty much convinced at this point to do 20mm as my mainstay. I can achieve the look I want for a fraction of the cost.
Edited by RustBucket, Dec 13 2012, 07:11 PM.

london1662
Member Avatar
Cannie!
[ * ]
Rusty, what size plastic sheet and Rod are you using? because you've got the scale'ing spot on? or are you just grabing what comes to hand!

cheers

AL

RustBucket
Member Avatar
Raider
[ * ]
london1662
Dec 13 2012, 07:14 PM
Rusty, what size plastic sheet and Rod are you using? because you've got the scale'ing spot on? or are you just grabing what comes to hand!

cheers

AL
I use plasticard about as thick as printable card, but only because its there... i just use scrap, like my custom minis I cast, I just recycle wherever possible. I'm not tight by any stretch but why spend out when we are surrounded by free material?

The rod is from model zone, cant remember the size but its about the thickness of lead from a pencil.

The rivets are just slices of rod.

sharp blade and you can do anything :stab:

london1662
Member Avatar
Cannie!
[ * ]
Yep, got you'r mate i do the same, the best bits ive used have been "oh look at that! that'll make a good plate/washer etc"
i do my rivets the same, cant understand buying custom made rivets or bolts!

i get my rod!(oh Aarrr!) from Little_toy_models on ebay seems quite cheap, cheap is good! just put in 'Evergreen' and it comes up 'like evergreen'!

cheers

AL
Edited by london1662, Dec 13 2012, 07:50 PM.

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Sweet sweet work. Great models! :drool:

Desertrat
Member Avatar
Super Mutant
[ * ]
Hey Mr R
Pretty cool lookin' set of rides you got there. Love the conversion work and paint jobs, NICE !!!!!

Too Bo Cu
Member Avatar
Wastelander
[ * ]
RustBucket
Dec 13 2012, 07:11 PM
Cheers fellas, 2 down, 6 to go!

Pretty much convinced at this point to do 20mm as my mainstay. I can achieve the look I want for a fraction of the cost.
I LOVE 20mm Mate, even though it's small, there is quite a lot to do in this scale. To get drivers and such you can look at Stan Johanssen or eBay Dark Future models.

Looking forward to seeing your next stuff!

RustBucket
Member Avatar
Raider
[ * ]
Too Bo Cu
Dec 15 2012, 12:14 AM
I LOVE 20mm Mate, even though it's small, there is quite a lot to do in this scale. To get drivers and such you can look at Stan Johanssen or eBay Dark Future models.

I will be ordering a fair amount from http://www.elhiemfigures.com/

if you look under cold war there are tons ofs gasmasked soviets! plus the terrorists & insurgents are perfect desert raiders

Moramarth
Coldheart
[ * ]
I really don't need another scale, but I think there's some Dark Future in the stash...

Very nice work, Rusty, especially for a first go at a new scale. The second looks like a '57 Bel Air died and went to hell, but I can't make out what the first used to be - early (pre-'67) Goat?

One little thing. Some of the techniques that work on larger items don’t transfer well to smaller scales. The size of the bolt/rivet heads stands out – literally… Might I suggest that as you use a thin gauge of plastic sheet (10 thou?) you could emboss such details from the back before applying the plate to the vehicle? With your painting skills they should still stand out nicely.

Cheers,

M

Too Bo Cu
Member Avatar
Wastelander
[ * ]
RustBucket
Dec 15 2012, 12:26 AM
Too Bo Cu
Dec 15 2012, 12:14 AM

I will be ordering a fair amount from http://www.elhiemfigures.com/

if you look under cold war there are tons ofs gasmasked soviets! plus the terrorists & insurgents are perfect desert raiders
Yes, they make great stuff. I meant as drivers and crew. I dont think Elhiem makes those.

RustBucket
Member Avatar
Raider
[ * ]
Moramarth
Dec 15 2012, 01:38 AM
One little thing. Some of the techniques that work on larger items don’t transfer well to smaller scales. The size of the bolt/rivet heads stands out – literally… Might I suggest that as you use a thin gauge of plastic sheet (10 thou?) you could emboss such details from the back before applying the plate to the vehicle? With your painting skills they should still stand out nicely.
Cheers fella!

the idea regarding embossing is brilliant! The rivets I am happy with, much smaller and I couldn't work with them! they look huge in the photos but in reality they look less distracting - I am a lazy 'if it looks good at arms length' modeler!

lovin' the advice and praise guys, very inspiring!

london1662
Member Avatar
Cannie!
[ * ]
Get on with that TANKER! :lol:

AL

RustBucket
Member Avatar
Raider
[ * ]
Some more lil' bastards found their way onto my desk...

Posted Image

Looking forward to my Zombies!!! turning up and having 100 zeds to plough 'em through! :tank:
Edited by tinker, Oct 8 2017, 07:31 PM.

london1662
Member Avatar
Cannie!
[ * ]
Loooooooooking good! :goggleson: Rusty

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Yeah what he said! Looking great Herr Rusty!!

tinker
Member Avatar
CEO of "Rat-on-a-Stick" Industries
[ * ]
I like the B&W presentation photo... as always I'm looking forward to seeing 'em with paint on 'em!

Are your 100 Zombies from the Twilight Creations "Zombies" Game?!
Edited by tinker, Dec 19 2012, 10:30 PM.

RustBucket
Member Avatar
Raider
[ * ]
Yeah they are. Nabbed a box game for 20 quid.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Vehicle WIP · Next Topic »
Add Reply