Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Blogs - a polite request!
Topic Started: Dec 10 2011, 02:12 PM (1,072 Views)
mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
I have received a few complaints now from different members about the amount of posts with just a link to a blog page. Not everyone has a high speed connection or the time to go digging through a blog for things they may not be interested in. Just a link may also be considered as suspicious and may be avoided.

Whilst we do not mind folks linking their blogs I would be grateful if you can post at least a picture and a description of your blog link. I know it may be extra work but we have to ask you to take the other members into consideration.

Thanks.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

RavenFeast
Member Avatar
Mutant Hunter
[ * ]
Okay, but wouldn't posting a picture here eat up even more bandwidth for those with slow connections? Just curious.

tinker
Member Avatar

[ * ]
I don't know the validity of the bandwidth issue but I've received PM's by members that they fear some sort of SPAM. And the posting of a photo or two might ease the off forum link concerns.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
You make a good point. I think part of the problem is they get dragged away to someplace else and then they have to reload everything again.

There has been comments from some of the complaints that they think a blog link without some eye candy is simply rude.

We have no desire to make life awkward or difficult, which is why we have not asked folks to post all of their blog post on the site. As moderators we have to provide a balance for all our members and find a compromise.

Inkwell
Member Avatar
Toenail cutter / Tin can licker
[ * ]
Damn I need a blog! I'm always playing catch up :lol:

nb246
Member Avatar
Wastelander
[ * ]
mattblackgod
Dec 10 2011, 02:12 PM
...at least a picture and a description of your blog link. I know it may be extra work but we have to ask you to take the other members into consideration.

I think this is a very fair and balanced decision. I'm guilty ALOT for posting just my blog link. :$
I didn't realize that it was considered rude. I do now, understand and will comply. OR be assimilated!

Mr. Clean
Member Avatar
Wasteland Legend/Cat Skinner/Bad Speller/Super Nice Guy B^)
[ * ]
So no more linking to www.nakedmrclean.com without postin' a pic here,got it.

B^)

viking62
Member Avatar
Tribal Savage
[ * ]
You know I had to try it. There's no "nakedmrclean.com".....

Mr. Clean
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Yet.

RavenFeast
Member Avatar
Mutant Hunter
[ * ]
It's only a matter of time.

Mr. Clean
Member Avatar
[ * ]
It is my friend...............be warned.

v_lazy_dragon
Member Avatar
Enforcer
[ * ]
:Mindbleach!:

6milphil
Ghoul
[ * ]
Fair enough request... it's become the standard on a lot of forums now... one other thing to bear in mind is to link dircetly to the relevent entry and not the front page... that way your brill Fallout styled thing from today can still be found in a year's time by following the link. Many new to blogging miss this and then kill any interest by having an old link go to a more recent and often unrelated entry...

here endeth the lesson.

nb246
Member Avatar
Wastelander
[ * ]
6milphil
Dec 13 2011, 03:49 PM
...link dircetly to the relevent entry and not the front page... that way your brill Fallout styled thing from today can still be found in a year's time by following the link. Many new to blogging miss this and then kill any interest by having an old link go to a more recent and often unrelated entry...

here endeth the lesson.
Good lesson too. Most do miss that. Thank you 6milpil.

I've been, at least, doing that. :$

:D
nb246

6milphil
Ghoul
[ * ]
We've all done it I think.

Rad Blight
Member Avatar
Wasteland Warrior
[ * ]
Quote:

So no more linking to www.nakedmrclean.com without postin' a pic here,got it.

Yikes. :suicide1:

Mr. Clean
Member Avatar
[ * ]
I'm not THAT bad RB.

OH, its just the whole naked dude thing?Right?

Got it.

Brian(www.nakedmrclean.com)

foe42
Member Avatar
Wasteland Pilgrim/ Master of Repopulation
[ * ]
yeah i know how other feel i prefer plogs to have the same content as someones blog its a simple matter of cut and paste on the bloggers part so just about 30 secs of extra time isn't too much to ask

Ninjamonkey73
Raider
[ * ]
I'm simply lazy, and if I see links rather than images, I'm likely to skip to the next thread. ;)

Dr.Falkenhayn
Member Avatar
Kleister Meister
[ * ]
still no nakedmrclean Site :zcry:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Wasteland Chronicles · Next Topic »
Add Reply