Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
weapons on vehicles
Topic Started: Oct 18 2011, 12:16 PM (670 Views)
3 fingers
Member Avatar
Tribal Savage
[ * ]
i thought i seen a thread but cant find it :$

what do you guys use on your vehicles to get the right scale/look.

i know you can use sprue and matchsticks etc for barrels/flamethrowers/spearguns etc

im just after ideas as staritng from scratch no bits box etc.

i am keeping eye out in charity shops for airfix type kits.

everything on ebay goes for silly money unless you spend all night all week trawling for the odd bargin no one wants.
Edited by 3 fingers, Oct 18 2011, 12:16 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dr.Falkenhayn
Member Avatar
Kleister Meister
[ * ]
i have the Big PA Guns Blister Pack from Maxmini-costs only a few Quids
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
What scale?

For 28mm I just use what ever heavy weapons I have laying about. They are salvaged from 28mm and 1/35 kits/models. Cheap toys are a good place to look too.

For 20mm I got some WW2 1/35 weapon packs (you can get them from most model stockists) or 40K weapons. Cut the stocks off the weapons and grips. Mount in various places. SMGs become LMGs, I used Bren Guns as Autocannons, 40K Bolters as semi auto grenade launchers. Bazookas as rocket launchers.
Edited by mattblackgod, Oct 18 2011, 05:37 PM.

3 fingers
Member Avatar
Tribal Savage
[ * ]
sorry hot wheel size for the cars.

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Then go with my 20mm recommendations.

Check out this old thread of mine with hotwheels conversions with these weapons..

MBG's auto dual motors

Ironblood
Member Avatar
Cannie!
[ * ]
Most of my 20mm add on stuff is either from the ROAD WARRIORS line by stan johanson, dark future stuff scavenged off ebay, or bits form aberrant games WARLANDS line.

the nozzel from the inside of cheap lighters can be used as gun barrels, bits of sprue and plastic rod can work for most things if you dont need them super detailed.

Desertrat
Member Avatar
Super Mutant
[ * ]
3 Fingers,

For the weapons on my 20mm converted hotwheels I often use 20mm weapons from RH models.com, often refered to as liberation miniatures. The owner, Rolf, is a great bloke and his range of modern heavy weapons are very nice sculpts and not very flimsy. Look around his stuff and you can find all types of 20mm standing or seated gunners to add some realism to your converted hotwheels, oh, almost forgot, his stuff is well priced....... :hi:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Post Apoc Vehicles · Next Topic »
Add Reply