Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MBG entry 4: supply stash.; Keep up dudes!
Topic Started: Jul 30 2011, 03:45 PM (583 Views)
mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
I am inspired. I have started a supply stash. Bags, boxes, small drums of liquid and weapons on a base. Pictures will follow.

Come on guys! Get yours started.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tinker
Member Avatar
CEO of "Rat-on-a-Stick" Industries
[ * ]
What?! Do something? For me being a parasite it's been all about the forums output not mine... I'm crushed.

Actual production...

DAWGIE
Member Avatar
Mutant Slayer
[ * ]

WELL, i did come up with useful rules ideas for combat inside of a cornfiled. . . but nothing neato in the toy or terrain department, so i will slink off into the shadows, and brood abouot "stuff" until i feel really homicidal, then i will burst out, ambushing the first person/thing/critter that happens, smite he/she/it hip and thigh, blow his/her/its brains out, go through his/her/its guts like a roto-rooter machine down a stopped up pipeline with my fancy blade work, and then tap dance on the quivering remains until they stop quivering. . .

then i will go home take a bath, wash my bald noggin, eat a giant sized dinner, quaff down a gallon or two of something cold , and alchoholic (doing homicidal work is hungry/thirsty work, put on my jommies and get a really good nights sleep with atrocities dancing in my head. . .

next day i will be fine!

DAWGIE

tinker
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Hmmm... There isn't any wonder why you live on the outskirts of town is there Dawgie? :lol: Well, ya going to post those ideas for the Cornfield, and how to do Cornfield terrain properly? A shantytown needs to feed itself and make some cash, and a reason for raiders to have their shadows fall on the city limits too...

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
They wont fall on ours! The smell keeps them away! :D

Right some WIP pictures of the supply stash.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The bags and boxes are press cast with milliput. I made latex moulds of the bags. I went this way because it starts to get expensive when you are making a wasteland ride and you start adding the multitude of luggage to them. All i do is press some milliput into them when I need some more. Legal provided that you do not sell them commercially. The drums are 1/72 oil drums. The weapons are from a 1/35 scale weapon accessories pack.
Edited by mattblackgod, Jul 31 2011, 06:53 PM.

Mr. Clean
Member Avatar
Wasteland Legend/Cat Skinner/Bad Speller/Super Nice Guy B^)
[ * ]
Nice work Danny!I'm going to try that latex mold thing when i get a chance.Have the latex just need the time.Any advice?

BTW-I have two pieces built for our B-Day and a few more planned between Vikings.Just need a little time with the camera and the desktop.

Brian

v_lazy_dragon
Member Avatar
Enforcer
[ * ]
Looking good danny

tinker
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Danny,

Your building more than the rest of us are! Those are new miniatures too from your leadpile? That's the PA Captain and Professor Calculus right?

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Brian build up the layers slowly like you are painting. When there is four or so layers (more if there is ant undercuts) then start adding thickener to the latex. This then goes on thicker. Keep doing until the mould looks like a blob of solidified yellow goo. If there are corners or if it is larger then keep adding thicker coats. Sadly it can take days to make a mould.

Yeah it's Tom Tom and the Prof Brainiac.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · 3rd birthday challenge · Next Topic »
Add Reply