Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
First river craft of MBW....
Topic Started: Mar 27 2011, 01:27 PM (1,796 Views)
mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Now I have a little more time I am working on my very own MBW river craft. Drat - I just thought I am going to need a river or coast line for it.

First up I am working on constructing a roughly made river vehicle ferry craft in a similar desgin to WW2 landing craft. This may also be used as a traders craft or even a floating home for River Scavs or Water nomads.

The vessel will be scratch built.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Right work so far. The main hull is done.

Looking in its current state like a wasteland fort!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The rear will get a engine housing and fuel tank. The raised platform is going to be the wheel house. I am thinking of metal sides and a cloth roof for that different textures look. There will be a ramp up front that makes up the front of the hull. Then I hope to go on a deep bits box delve and add all manner of bits to give it that PA look. I will be adding some toy car tyres to it to act as bumpers too.

tinker
Member Avatar

[ * ]
Don't forgot that old Ork sayin', "more Rivets". Our thought's must be on the same wave length because I had been researching WWII landing craft also. Though, my craft are going to be much more of a PA Viking hoard :) Raiding for the same reason as the Ancient's did, Rape & Pillage!

I'll still work on my version, we are separated by enough water that not anyone's going to complain about the same theme. If that gripe about it on this forum, well, I'll just have to put my boot heel to their throat while they explain why they don't like it :lol:

Due to my ANALytical mind I can't justify a craft on a river, and I can't justify putting the primary hub of my PA World, St. Milla on a coastline. Then again maybe I can put St. Milla more inland with sea access like a port...
Edited by tinker, Mar 27 2011, 08:34 PM.

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Maybe a river running through her? Or a colony "St Milla on Sea" or "St Milla-surmer" :D

tinker
Member Avatar

[ * ]
hmmm... no, I want St. Milla to be on terra firma. The Viking Stronghold will be a floating town :) That keeps any slaves from "running away, or, swimming for it.
Edited by tinker, Mar 27 2011, 11:34 PM.

Mr. Clean
Member Avatar
Wasteland Legend/Cat Skinner/Bad Speller/Super Nice Guy B^)
[ * ]
Damn!

You work fast Danny!
Like where your going with this.

Brian

Inkwell
Member Avatar
Toenail cutter / Tin can licker
[ * ]
Good start ! I live pretty close to the ol mississippi and you can see them river rats out on boats like that now.Meth...a hella of a drug :lol:

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Some WIP shots of were my boat is up to.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Using Gorilla glue to attach the chains to the ramp was a mistake. Trying to come up with a way to disguise them. I have some extra detail to add such as tyre bumpers and I think this old girl is ready for paint. No idea what to name her. *digs out a 28mm size bottle of fizzy crap saved for the launch and displays proudly!*
Edited by mattblackgod, Apr 25 2011, 08:40 PM.

tinker
Member Avatar

[ * ]
I really like it Danny. The landing craft I have been designing will be a vehicle and personnel carrier for a cannibal tribe. It gives them greater mobility to make those raids the local populace fear so much!

Paint that gorilla glue black and say it's tar used to plug the seams, or green for slime build up.

Where did ya dig up the fuel tank?

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
It was part of some kids toy. It was on a wheeled robot thingy large enough to be a 28mm vehicle. I am not sure on the brand but it aimed at the 4+ age bracket. Quite cheap too. Got lots of little bits for terrain detail from it. :D

The engine box is the body from a majorette Drone car toy. The exhaust started life as landing gear for a 1/48 scale WW2 German Bomber. I snipped the rounded end and drilled it hollow.
Edited by mattblackgod, Apr 25 2011, 09:23 PM.

Inkwell
Member Avatar
Toenail cutter / Tin can licker
[ * ]
OHHHHHH, thats freackin COOL!

Desertrat
Member Avatar
Super Mutant
[ * ]

" HIT THE BEACHES MARINES ! "

Great work there Dan ! :Arr:

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Thank you muchly for the kind comments....

Now we can invade Birkenhead!! (local joke for those scatching thier heads, and yes there is a place with such a stupid name)

irishserb
Wastelander
[ * ]
Totally cool! Can't wait to see the next step.

v_lazy_dragon
Member Avatar
Enforcer
[ * ]
Great work Danny! Really looking forward to seeing this one 'in-paint'

Mr. Clean
Member Avatar
Wasteland Legend/Cat Skinner/Bad Speller/Super Nice Guy B^)
[ * ]
Nice Danny!Very nice!

Now lets see some paint on that mother.

Brian

HVNSNTSOLDIER
Member Avatar
Coldheart
[ * ]
niiiiiice

DAWGIE
Member Avatar
Mutant Slayer
[ * ]
VERY NICE DANNY!

HOW'S about RAMSHACKLE QUEEN or RUSTBUCKET ROVER or FEAR OF GOD?

BIRKENHEAD ?

IF i was on any type of watercraft i would avoid BIRKENHEAD at all costs! i have no desire to do a 'BIRKENHEAD DRILL" thang while the vessel tears apart or sinks under me . . .

DAWGIE

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Yeah that side of the Mersey is a little dodgy, and not just the banks of the river! :D

HVNSNTSOLDIER
Member Avatar
Coldheart
[ * ]
Hey MBG, we gonna see any more progress on this? This is too cool a project to put on the backburner for later.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · 2011 Challenge · Next Topic »
Add Reply