Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hold until Relieved; CZ batrep.
Topic Started: May 26 2009, 06:20 PM (1,147 Views)
mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Rules: Combat Zone
Special Rules: Troops Radios lets the group coherency to cover the table.
Place: Liberty Outpost - Nu Manhattan Ruins. Matt Blacks World.

Sitrep: A large force of Raiders lead by one Krusha the Terrible (Aka Krusha the grumpy) are threatening the Wastelands North East of Liberty City. The city is dispatching one company to put the Raiders down before they threaten the city. Meanwhile Commissioner Meers has ordered that two sections of your company return to the city to re-enforce the remaining defence company.

Your orders are to hold the outpost in the ruins until relieved.

The Blacks N Whites observe the troops leaving and decide that now is the time to kick Liberty out once and for all. Any gang that does this gets massive kudos in with the gangs living in the city.

Posted Image
Here we see the outpost and the guys are moving to protect it.

Posted Image
The B&Ws are moving to flank the outpost. I forgot to put the made up spec for the Auto GL that one the gangers is carrying. So I settled for a Auto shotgun.....Doh! Doh! Doh! :frustry: :frustry: Remember kids if you have weapons not in the ruleset you are using - dont forget to record them....

The Liberty force spilt in two. The Squad leader lead two troopers to stop the flank whilst the remaining trooper and Medic stayed in the outpost with the Second in Command (Laura style, the leader goes out to kick butt!). The 2IC is on the roof of the outpost and spends most of his time in overwatch mode. Thankfully for the gangers there is lots of cover.

Much fire bounced from one side to the other with few hits. Then in the ruins on the right a private with a Assault rifle opens up killing the autoshotty/Not AutoGL ganger. Boo! The squad leader lets rip with his SMG catching another ganger. The gangers swarm though the ruins and try to flank down one side.

Posted Image

Posted Image

They didnt get a shot off. The trooper on the far right steps out and drops the ganger creeping up on him. Meanwhile on the other side of the ruins the ganger with the only assault rifle got picked off by the guy on the roof of the Outpost. Noooo!

The section leader climbs up the walls of the ruins and shoots a ganger hiding behind a low wall. A another ganger rushes into the ruin and shoots another ganger at point blank range. Noooo! By now the B&Ws are down to a girl with a Autoshotgun and the leader (Autoshotgun and heavy pistol).

The girl rushes along the side of the ruin and spots the gang leader hiding from the other gangers LOS. A volley of shotgun fire kills him out right. The gangleader steps out and fires his pistol at the trooper with his back to him...and misses. He swaps weapons and lets rip with the autoshotgun....and misses. How did he become gang leader?

As the gangers got the intative the gang leader rushes forward and after a short tussle kills the trooper with his knife. Meanwhile the girl moves forward and lets another trooper eat buckshot from her autoshotgun, dropping him (hmmm 2 kills, maybe she should be Boss?).

The remaining two gangers rush forward to the outpost but the gangleader falls in a hail of lead. The girl took fright and fled.

It was a close fight and if I had the autoGL it would have been different. I might have won.

Laura might be new to wargames but she shows she understands tactics, how to avoid being in the open and she is really lucky with the dice! Good fun.
Edited by mattblackgod, Oct 12 2017, 09:17 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tinker
Member Avatar
CEO of "Rat-on-a-Stick" Industries
[ * ]
Great looking table Danny. Plus it must really be incredible to have your wife participating in games... even if she's got those hot dice!!

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Cheers - its taken 5 years to get it this far. The cloth is a sheet. One side is city (for those near future games) and the other wastelands.

Its cool that Laura is taking a interest and likes playing. I think once you get the ladies past the "geek" factor they actually like playing. Its social. :D

v_lazy_dragon
Member Avatar
Enforcer
[ * ]
That looks really good Danny - pity you got beaten again, but still.... How did Laura enjoy this one? Are we on the way to getting her hooked?

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
She has gone off CZ. She doesnt like the constant remembering the AP count during play, and different quality figures having different APs. Laura also thinks the init rolls are confusing, especially when they changed after I killed the Squad leader.

So the next game is going to be a Skank one. It is simpler in many ways. MDRG might also be good to try as the AP counts go up and down per figure activation.

Another problem with the big table is that my poor lady cant stand for too long. The wallpaper paste tables are not up to being lent upon. I am thinking of a building a custom table with folding legs, so she can lean on them, and that DONT wobble every time there is a cat quake.

The giant cats of doom rules did not apply during this game as they vanished (most likely to arrange a hit on Tinker). Laura did threaten to call them when it looked like I might win. :D

v_lazy_dragon
Member Avatar
Enforcer
[ * ]
One thing that Dad & I (when my ME was a lot worse than today, although I often revert to it for Gamesoc Epics) often do is to make sure we have chairs to sit on, and a board that we can reach at least part of easily from a chair... that way we don't get so tired.

Skank is a nice set. I'm suprised you didn't start Laura with it tbh. If she dislikes the 1 hit autokill aspect, there are the rules I worked out for wound rolls (give me a shout if you can't find them). I've never played MDRG, but SOBAH plays fairly well. No idea what New World Disorder is like, I read them through but didn't 'gel' with them. You could also try the AC57 demo rules if you run out of other options.

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
I chose them as they play heros really well - just to hook her and the intro games where on a table 18" x 12". Not alot of room for games like Skank where you move up to 10".

RavenFeast
Member Avatar
Mutant Hunter
[ * ]
Killer table, a good batrep, and it sounds like you had fun!

Ross
Member Avatar
Wasteland Warlord
[ * ]
Tinker
May 26 2009, 06:28 PM
even if she's got those hot dice!!
Now Tinker, I don't think it's polite to talk about Laura's dice, no matter how hot they are :stroke:

Ripper table Dan! Have you defiled another bed sheet for those roads?

Chrome_Cat
Member Avatar
Merc
[ * ]
Noooo! The Auto GL! :oops:

Nice though. I imagine you set Laura up with some badass troopers, and the B&W's mission was going to be a long shot. That's cool though, the long shots can make really good games. Like this one! When you mentioned the Trooper was on the roof in overwatch earlier i thought; "Ouch, that could be a problem."

It's good that you can change rules around if Laura doesn't like the CZ set at the moment. There is likely to be a set out there she'll like and Skank would be a good contrast to CZ, from what i know of it.

Kudos on the table as well. Painting the sheet is a great idea. I might do that to the granny grating Tinker mentioned.

tinker
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Ross
May 26 2009, 10:56 PM
Tinker
May 26 2009, 06:28 PM
even if she's got those hot dice!!
Now Tinker, I don't think it's polite to talk about Laura's dice, no matter how hot they are :stroke:

Ripper table Dan! Have you defiled another bed sheet for those roads?
Yer right Ross... I love the hot dice your wife has by the way... :drool: :yes: :lol: :rofl:

I'd like to see a picture of the "bed sheet" without terrain Danny, got any pictures??

Ross
Member Avatar
Wasteland Warlord
[ * ]
lol that reminds me, I should take a pic of the dice from hell later...

Benny
Member Avatar
Professional Procrastinator
[ * ]
What the hell is with that .gif?
:stroke:
That's just weird guys...

Nice writeup by the way buddy :)

tinker
Member Avatar
[ * ]
freebooter the gif is for "STROKE", add your own joke

Ross
Member Avatar
Wasteland Warlord
[ * ]
Which is somewhat different than this mottie but could be titled the same...... :wank:

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Ross- its the same bedsheet. One side is urban/ash wastelands the other has streets painted on it for a bit of Urban gaming. I am thinking of picking up a king size brown sheet next to make a generic game sheet, that can be used as wastelands, forests or jungle.

Laura is now demanding "Pretty buildings"...ie intact and not made from scrap! :D

v_lazy_dragon
Member Avatar
Enforcer
[ * ]
Give that Girl an inch.... So, what are your plans regarding intact buildings Danny?

mattblackgod
Member Avatar
Big boss warlord dude!
[ * ]
Ahem.....ignore them? :D Pretty buildings just dont fit post apocalyptica. The other option is to get into cyberpunk or some other near future thing. Maybe they can be the more "civilsed" parts of the 'verse gaming that I plan.

Ross
Member Avatar
Wasteland Warlord
[ * ]
Careful, I suspect her secret plan is to get you into playing with Barbie dolls and doll houses in much the same way as you're trying to get her into gaming!

tinker
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Ross
May 31 2009, 10:44 AM
Which is somewhat different than this mottie but could be titled the same...... :wank:
Well, what do ya know, I thought that mottie :wank: is for preparing to throw some dice! :pickelhaube:
Edited by tinker, May 31 2009, 11:47 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · P.A. Campaigns and Batreps · Next Topic »
Add Reply