|Poke Portal FAQ and Guidelines|
|Poke_Portal Board F.A.Q
Last updated: January 12th 2008
Q: How can I help the community?
A: Advertise! Getting the word out about Poke_Portal and having more users join is a great way of helping out without being a moderator or staff member, it reflects well on you, if people join for you. Staying active helps a lot, too. what's a forum without a community?
Q: How can I become a member of staff or VIP?
A: Don't ask for it. That is the worst thing you can do. It irks the staff and actually LOWERS your chances. Just stay active, follow the rules, and good spelling/grammar helps too.
Q: How can I become a PP VIP?
A: Just contribute to the site, PP Forum Discussion Rules covers it.
Q: Who owns Poke_Portal?
A: Spooky (Heaven) Runs it and is Head admin. Tristan was the original founder back on Invisionfree boards. However on the 19th of January, Bonkenhi and his board merged into Poke_Portal, and Spooky and Bonkenhi work together running the site.
Quick notes on the "VIP" group.
Have roughly 500 posts to be considered, in other words, be a reg.
Be willing to help new users when admins or mods aren't around.
Must have been here for at least to be considered.
No bans or warnings, must make a big improvement on behavior if an exception is made.
What you get:
A Staff/VIP only forum
Black Username color
Can take part in the PP council meetings
Can Delete own posts
Can open close own topics
Can edit own topic title & description
Can delete own topics
Can avoid flood control
~~~~ The New Warning System ~~~~
1.) You will be given a verbal warning in the thread where you broke the rule/s.
2.) If caught breaking the rules again, you will be given a lift on your warn meter.
3.) When caught breaking the rules again, you will be given a ban from the site with length depending on the severity of your behavior. In mild cases of bad behavior, you will be put onto mod preview for your posts, meaning you can't post unless the staff approve it.
4.)Using racial words, threatening to hack the site, repeated uncensored swearwords, rioting the site, posting pornography and major flaming will give you a automatic ban.
5.) THIS APPLIES TO EVERYONE, EVEN STAFF
6.) Problems with a certain user? Contact the staff Via PM or email.
----------Finally, the basic guidelines----------
1. Disagreements are common. That doesn’t mean you have to cyber attack someone. Arguments are okay, but do not let them get out of hand or turn into huge grudges. Were here to have fun.
2. Pretty basic, please treat others as you would wish to be treated.
3. Lets keep this site clean, meaning that all swearing and cussing should be censored, or better, not used at all.
4. If you have a problem report it to a admin or mod. Please PM us. It is easier.
5. Goofing around and spamming can be okay, but keep it minimal, lets not force to lock topics.
6. The staff are always open to suggestions, and we'd like your feedback and ideas on how to improve this site.
|12:42 AM May 26|
Poke Portal Affiliates
|Want to affiliate your forum with Poke Portal? Click here!|
Hosted for free by ZetaBoards