Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
  • Pages:
How "Core" Smash Bros. Players are Ruining the Game
Topic Started: Apr 27 2010, 03:46 PM (873 Views)
Wii Master 64
Member Avatar
=NL= Admin

Read this! Now this is something I totally agree with, word for word!
http://www.thekartel.com/zylvin/blog/2010/04/25/how_super_smash_bros._has_been_corrupted_by_street_fighter_fans
If your browser looks like this:
Posted Image
More than likely, your system's going to be slow.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto top

MasterM64
Member Avatar
=NL= President

I totally agree with everything he said because Smash is not all about the perfect timing of the moves it's all about the fun of it.
Posted Image
My Mario Kart Wii License. Please help me level it up! ^_^

MasterM64

Wii Master 64
Member Avatar
=NL= Admin

I'm glad you do. :)
Posted Image

MasterM64
Member Avatar
=NL= President

Bro always annoyed the crap out of me about not using the C Stick and the items which really took the fun out of it me. :(

That's the reason why I don't really play Smash anymore...
Posted Image

MasterM64

Hotspot
Member Avatar
Goomba
I've always played it with all of the items, it's alot of fun with the items. But it also does have to do with skill like it says, I don't mind any place. Although the final destination is boring like it says, it does have quite a view!
Absolutely Invincible British Gentleman

Posted Image
Legend of Heroes VI: Sora no Kiseki

MasterM64
Member Avatar
=NL= President

Hotspot
Dec 15 2010, 12:32 PM
I've always played it with all of the items, it's alot of fun with the items. But it also does have to do with skill like it says, I don't mind any place. Although the final destination is boring like it says, it does have quite a view!
I agree, the items and your skill is what really makes Smash fun. :)
Posted Image

MasterM64

n0sc0pe ninja5656
=NL= Member
I have to disagree a little bit. First of all, a game is meant to have fun, and different people can enjoy a game a thousand different ways. Competitive and casual gaming are very diverse in many ways, but it's not wrong to enjoy one way or the other. I don't play Smash all that competitively, but...I'm a MLG Halo player, so I'm no stranger to competitive gaming. Also I sit near the top of the Bomberman Battlefest leaderboards. There's nothing wrong with enjoying a game differently. I play games to have a good time and to be the best, depending on the situation, and what it is I'm into. But being competitive isn't ruining a game.

Wii Master 64
Member Avatar
=NL= Admin

I wouldn't call a match with items a casual match, it gets pretty competitive. But, the whole point is that if you're not going to play the game is originally meant to be played, why not play some other game? I mean, you're playing it just bare-bones, so what's the point?
Posted Image

n0sc0pe ninja5656
=NL= Member
Well, the items are a part of the game no doubt. But some people like to play competitively to test skill. Items bring in a randomness factor to the game. While they do take skill to use sometimes, they also can make a say in who wins the brawl. I find myself always being stronger with items of course, but it takes the pure skill factor out of it though.

I do get your point in going back to the game fundimentals though and I have to agree on that. I started playing with items again most of the time because it can be more fun at times. Still I'll play both rule sets at time though to both have fun and gain skill. (Although I'm nowhere close to where I used to be since I quit playing for quite a while.)

Still though, hardcore players aren't ruining the game. I think that like gamers should play with each other and everyone has a good time that way. The people who want to play without items that are very competitive can enjoy the game, and normal players can enjoy it just the same. There's really nothing wrong with either side.

MasterM64
Member Avatar
=NL= President

n0sc0pe ninja5656
Jan 1 2011, 11:16 PM
Well, the items are a part of the game no doubt. But some people like to play competitively to test skill. Items bring in a randomness factor to the game. While they do take skill to use sometimes, they also can make a say in who wins the brawl. I find myself always being stronger with items of course, but it takes the pure skill factor out of it though.

I do get your point in going back to the game fundimentals though and I have to agree on that. I started playing with items again most of the time because it can be more fun at times. Still I'll play both rule sets at time though to both have fun and gain skill. (Although I'm nowhere close to where I used to be since I quit playing for quite a while.)

Still though, hardcore players aren't ruining the game. I think that like gamers should play with each other and everyone has a good time that way. The people who want to play without items that are very competitive can enjoy the game, and normal players can enjoy it just the same. There's really nothing wrong with either side.
^
I agree with all the above, Smash should be all about having a great time. ^_^
Posted Image

MasterM64

AnimalCrossingCool
Member Avatar
Laughing Dog
this^
(I never played, I watch so...)
Hi! Call me ACC! :D
My Youtube Account!
E-Mail me here.
Help.

(Creapy) Signs

My Pokemon is:

ACC's History(Times in Pacific)

I am a...

Wifi Codes

Advertisements

MasterM64
Member Avatar
=NL= President

AnimalCrossingCool
Jan 2 2011, 09:15 PM
this^
(I never played, I watch so...)
You should get yourself a copy of Melee or Brawl sometime. ;)
Posted Image

MasterM64

AnimalCrossingCool
Member Avatar
Laughing Dog
^
(NO)

I can't. I saw the game with my "friend" and when I tried, I failed at the 1st second. >.>
Hi! Call me ACC! :D
My Youtube Account!
E-Mail me here.
Help.

(Creapy) Signs

My Pokemon is:

ACC's History(Times in Pacific)

I am a...

Wifi Codes

Advertisements

MasterM64
Member Avatar
=NL= President

AnimalCrossingCool
Jan 3 2011, 07:58 PM
^
(NO)

I can't. I saw the game with my "friend" and when I tried, I failed at the 1st second. >.>
Everyone's a newb when they first play Smash, it just takes a lot of practice to get the concept down. Remember: Practice makes Perfect! ;)
Posted Image

MasterM64

queenzelda
Member Avatar
=NL= GFX Staff

Yea but what I want is to be able to import new characters to Brawl from DS games; just think if you could import Sora or Riku from Kingdom Hearts, or maybe even Professor Layton & you'd have to solve puzzle area's to get him?

With Sora or Riku you would have to go through a new area called Hallow Bastion & unlock their characters. Then they could come with downloadable keyblades that you can swap out with & maybe even unlock Roxas & other Kingdom Hearts characters!! Now that would be a Brawl game that I would play!

Off topicness: ftw =P
Posted Image
My personal theme song

More links

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Super Smash Bros. · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Nintendo Lounge Support

Are you having any technical issues or problems while surfing through Nintendo Lounge? Please report your problem by going through Mario Bros. Carpentry, our Support Service. Please click on the Mario Bros. Carpentry Van below to access our Support Form! You can also Report your problems on our Support Forum.

=NL= Support Mario Bros. Carpentry Van

Nintendo Lounge is not affiliated and/or endorsed by Nintendo,
or its partners. All characters, games, trademarks,
and other related material are copyright by their owners.

All other content (Nintendo Lounge Emblem, "RSS Block", etc.) is copyright © 2005-2011 Nintendo Lounge & MasterM64.

free web site traffic and promotion
Free Domain Name from Dot.TK