Naruto Saigen RP. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. If you like what you see why not become part of the community? Click the link below to join.

Register or Login

Otherwise, have a look around or drop by the chat-box in the lower-hand corner.

(Hide)
Welcome! If you can read this then that means you haven’t joined our forum yet, but don’t be worried, all you have to do is register to be a part of all this text based RP goodness!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Healing of Old Wounds; Isuzu and Fanho
Topic Started: Feb 13 2018, 01:43 PM (122 Views)
Isuzu
Member Avatar
Sit down; Be humble.
The streets of Konoha were abuzz today. From Isuzu's bedside balcony, he could hear the humming of busy chatter and clatter of wooden sandals on cobblestones. This sound had come to be something of a comfort to the old genin, as he frequented that balcony often. Infront of him on his table laid a notebook, where he'd write down amusing observations while people watching, or some strange occurrence that'd happened. Today was a pretty bad day for that hobby, however, as it seemed everything was running smoothly - it was just one of those days it seemed. The sun was shining with a cool breeze blowing, and everyone was just chipper. With a stretch and a yawn, Zu rose for his chair and entered back into his bedroom, ready to start the day.

--

He exited his house around 9:30 AM to grab a bite to eat for himself. There was a dumpling shop down the street that Isuzu visited regularly. He'd become quite good friends with the owner of the place, now on a first name basis with the man. Upon opening the door, a small bell rang overhead. "Isuzu! Welcome! What'll it today? The Spicy Egg Dumpling, I bet, hmm?" He spoke loudly, no doubt everyone in the room now knew who the newest patron was. Ichiro was always such a cheerful man. It wasn't uncommon for Isuzu to come in when he was feeling down, as a greeting from Ichi always made him feel like the most important person in the room. "Yeah, that'll do it." The boy say down at a small table for two in the back. He liked this seat becaue of the window located directly behind it, overlooking a small koi pond in the back. He pulled out the same notebook and began scribbling some notes in it. He'd been researching a new set of sealing techniques, and he was constantly writing down any thoughts that jumped into his mind to allow for proper research later on.

"Here you go, my friend. On the house!" Ichi was always giving Isuzu things "on the house", but all this meant to Isuzu was he'd incorporate the price of the dumplings into his tip. "Thank you, Ichi-san" The genin bowed, as he always did to everyone upon first speaking. As the owner walked away, Zu grabbed his chopsticks with one hand and plopped a dumpling in his mouth, while still holding a pen and scribbling notes with the other hand.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DirectorPr
Member Avatar
Konoha OOC
Fanho strolled through the streets of Konoha, his hands tucked in his pockets. He greeted the local citizens as he was somewhat of a well known shinobi. He was close to the Hokage, head of Katameru, and one of the busiest shinobi. He didn't see himself the same way, humility was more so his own speed remembering where he came from, and that he wasn't the best. He had made a lot of mistakes on his rise to the top, a lot he had to learn from, and in-fact he was still learning. He hadn't learned all that he could, but he knew this. Wisdom came not from age, nor entirely from experience, but listening, learning, and biding ones time to take it all in.

Foreshadowing his thoughts turned to the one day he recklessly used a B-rank jutsu in a spar. Against another Genin. Fanho knew better than to not now, but back then he was caught up in the moment. He hadn't learned to control his chakra and jutsu to a finer point. It was the opposite of what Fanho wanted to be in the village, so he had to strive to be better. Rather than make excuses and consistently apologize, he set out to correct an issue. He was stronger, better, and faster than before. However that wouldn't entirely heal things. It had been forever since Fanho had even seen Isuzu or talked to him. He wasn't sure if the guy was still a shinobi, but he sure hoped he was. He had promising talent.

The young Jounin strolled into a dumpling shop, he was feeling it today as it was his day off. It was a perfect day for dumplings. He looked and saw a young Genin about his own age eating, seldom scribbling notes down. Fanho took a seat at the bar as the owner Ichi came to greet him. "What'll it be son?" The Awai's eyes strolled over the menu as he settled on pork ones that sounded extremely delicious. "I think I'll try the pork, but not the entire pig you know?" The owner gave a slight chuckle at the pun before rolling his eyes. "I'll hold on the whole hog son."

The Jounin sat at the bar as he rubbed his chin pulling out a notepad that listed his duties for Mamorinuku tomorrow. Paper work, work of paper, and more paper work seemed to stack on-top. As the owner came back with dumplings he placed them in-front of Fanho before noticing the notepad. "So you're in Mamorinuku huh?" Fanho looked up surprised as he smiled before nodding. "Yeah, I'm the head of the Katameru. I ended up taking Kawa's place since his passing." He spoke seldom, it was hard to remember the dead, but always mindful to be respectful.

Ichi's eyebrows fluttered as he nodded before tapping the bar. "So you're that Awai kid that's taken it over. Fanho right?" He gave a smirk as he began to wipe down the rest of the bar with a sigh before glancing back up at him. "Well keep doing what you're doing. You're earning the respect of us like Kawa did. Maybe you'll even be Lord Hokage some day too." The young Jounin looked at his dumplings as if the gravity of what was being said set in. He was being looked at not only by the Kage himself as a proponent, but some of the other villagers. He was being noticed, recognized, and it was oddly grounding. "Well thank you. I'll do my best." He said seldomly losing his sense of humor for a minute as he took in the situation.
Awai, Fanho

#TaylorSwiftReputation

Isuzu
Member Avatar
Sit down; Be humble.
The young genin's interest was piqued hearing Ichi speak so fondly of someone. He normally only acted that way to his regulars - but this wasn't a guy Isuzu recognized at all - or at least not from the back. He tried to get a good glance at the guy, but it seemed like he was taking a seat at the bar. "...Hmm. Mamorinuku. And the head of the Katameru? Who was that, again..." The genin leaned back in his seat and placed his hand on his chin in a thinking fashion. He'd learned of the organization before leaving initially, but he remembered seeing some additional information, or hearing Gene talk about it here or there. He'd be lying if he claimed he himself did not have an interest in joining them someday. He cut his eyes back to the figure who'd caused such an uprising from Ichi when that name was said. "...Fanho..." The name that'd caused Isuzu such anguish in the past, both physical and emotional. So he'd become stronger. No surprise there, he clearly had skill and was borderline chuunin level when they'd fought years ago, and there were scars to prove it. Hopefully, Isuzu could finish his meal and sneak out..

"Actually, I want you to meet someone - one sec." Ichi was talking to the Mamorinuku man now, but Isuzu had a feeling he already knew what was coming next. "Hey, Isuzu! Come and grab a seat at the bar. There's someone here I think you should meet." Isuzu felt the sweat forming on his forehead as the various patrons in the establishment looked towards him. "N-n-no, I'm fine, r-real.." Ichi gave him the look a father gives his son when what he'd just said wasn't a question - but a command. "Come on, Zu. I insist" The way the words were said implied Ichi would take personal offense if Isuzu refused. Without speaking again, Isuzu closed his notebook and found his way towards the bar, grabbing a seat by the man whom he could now see looked nearly his age. "...Great, another guy my age who's way more advanced than me. Serves me right, I suppose..." As he looked upon him more, the genin began to feel an uneasy feeling as the scar on his arm began to sting a little.

"Well, there we go. That wasn't so hard, huh?" Ichi said, smiling at his matchmaking abilities. "This here's Isuzu. Isuzu, this is Fanho. He's big time, so I figured you may want to rub elbows. Bah, look at me over here yammering. The two of ya, get acquainted. I've got a business to run, ya know!" Ichi walked off to assist other patrons, leaving Isuzu and this nameless boy to mingle amongst themselves. At least for the moment.
Edited by Isuzu, Apr 23 2018, 09:26 AM.
Posted Image

DirectorPr
Member Avatar
Konoha OOC
Fanho's eyes glanced around as he saw Ichi grab a guy about Fanho's age and usher him to the bar. As he said the name Isuzu Fanho's memories came flooding back of the time he had badly hurt him in a sparring. He used a jutsu that should've been reserved for a high level situation. It was completely uncalled for in a spar just between Genin. A somber look sorta took hold of Fanho as he made an uneasy frown. "Its been a while huh?" Fanho thumbed over his cup of tea as he recalled the events from that day. It was quite the day to meet three other genin, and brutally harm one with third degree burns for just a spar. It was indeed irresponsible and reckless. Fanho was surprised he wasn't disciplined and didn't have to be sent back to the academy.

"What's it been? Five years since that day. I still mull over what all happened, and regret not stopping myself." With a sigh he glanced over at Isuzu. It seemed the two of them had done some growing, physically and mentally. However it seemed Isuzu still carried that sense of recluse personality as he did the first time they met. Unease at meeting Fanho once more, however Fanho wasn't sure how much Isuzu remembered him. Albeit it was just one spar, it had a lot of meaning to the two of them. A moment of realization for Fanho to better control his power, and a moment of realization for Isuzu to strive to be more responsible than others learning from their mistakes.

"I noticed you left the village soon after the spar. If you don't mind me asking, why did you?"
Awai, Fanho

#TaylorSwiftReputation

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Konoha · Next Topic »
Add Reply

NSRP Discord

Affiliations   Forum Roleplay Shinigami Generation Shinobi Generations

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.