Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome! If you can read this then that means you haven’t joined our forum yet, but don’t be worried, all you have to do is register to be a part of all this text based RP goodness!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[Social]Like a thief in the night.; Naka/Yuube
Topic Started: Mar 9 2012, 03:41 AM (333 Views)
Nicol Bolas
Member Avatar
"I have all the knowledge of the multiverse. What claim do you make?"
The night was settling over the village hidden within the stones. A lone thief crawled atop the roofing of this village, her target wasn't far off. The building was barely gaurded and the gem was left right out in the open, a paultry glass case between the inquisitive hands of a passing cat and such a precious jewel. With the Kaniseki's markings masked as far as they could be and the creascent moon in the sky, Naka was on the move. Little did she know someone had spotted her from the street, and that someone was someone she knew.
Katsu

Temporary Character Placement
Lee - http://s1.zetaboards.com/Naruto_Saigen_RP/topic/4946525/1/#new
Inoriki - http://s1.zetaboards.com/Naruto_Saigen_RP/topic/5041734/1/#new
Shinobu - http://s1.zetaboards.com/Naruto_Saigen_RP/topic/5460635/1/#new
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nafan~
Member Avatar
His Majesty Nafan the First, By the Grace of the Admins, of Kawaii the King, Defender of the RP Mods.
Yuube was walking to try and cure his inability to sleep. He had lain for an hour in his bed, tossing, turning, trying to find a comfortable position but to no avail. So he decided that he wasn't tired anyway and went for a walk, which was how he ended up here.

Outside a great building, obviously owned by some obscenely rich fat man, Yuube spotted something moving atop the roof of a neighboring mansion. He saw only the vague outline of the person as they moved, and they were definitely interested in the building he stood outside of. Since he could not see properly and had nothing better to do, Yuube sneaked around to the side of the building. With as much stealth as he could muster, Yuube applied chakra to his feet and scaled the wall.

Conquering the height of the building in a small amount of time, Yuube looked across at the figure from where he stood. Then a wave of surprise hit him. It was the person he had been obsessing over for the last few weeks. He had been thinking about Naka Moshi from the moment he awoke the day after the interesting meeting in the restaurant. Never mustering the courage to go to where she said she would be, Yuube had refrained from visiting her. But now was his chance and he could not miss it if he was to confirm himself as Naka's friend, for her to see him as he saw her.

He almost slapped himself after thinking this. It was so unlike him, and yet he was becoming happy that he had someone to call friend. Perhaps people weren't so boring after all? Time to find out.

"Hey, Naka? That is you right?
Posted Image
"Achatchaa~."
Characters

Nicol Bolas
Member Avatar
The sound jarred Naka as she instantly reacted. There was someone following her, big mistake. A clone was made that continued her path slowly as Naka herself flipped over the edge and gripped the wall, crawling around to the side. He was right above where she lurked now, and had addressed the clone.

”Hay, Naka? That is you right?”

Not good, this person knew who she was and recognized her. He may not sound like a threat right now but all things were possible threats, even friends. Naka did the seals as two lengths of wire sprouted from within the gloves. Naka took hold of both of them, waiting for the right moment. The clone would set up the kill and Naka would go in for the strike.

Naka’s clone simply turned on the spot and looked directly at the boy, blank recognition on it’s face. ”Who wants to know?”
Katsu

Nafan~
Member Avatar
His Majesty Nafan the First, By the Grace of the Admins, of Kawaii the King, Defender of the RP Mods.
"It's me, Yuube. I was wondering what you were doing up here and just came to investigate. I didn't know it was you at the time though. So, what are you doing?" Yuube replied innocently.

Having no idea that Naka was indeed preparing to attack him right as he answered, Yuube stared straight at the clone, his face a blank slate. He wondered whether she would tell him to go away. He expected she would. After all, they had only met once. Perhaps she thought of him as a friend thought, just as he did her. There was a small glimmer of hope that he would be able to join her as he stood there, awaiting her reply.
Posted Image
"Achatchaa~."
Characters

Nicol Bolas
Member Avatar
Without batting an eye the assassin moved, sneaking up behind the genin with the garrote held ready. Silently she began to raise her arms, waiting to bring the weapon down around his throat, strangling the life from him and severing his neck. A name struck her though. He was indeed familiar, and she recognized it instantly.

The garrote was loosened and Naka channeled a small amount of chakra through the weapons, dulling them to the point of non-lethal wires. Instead of killing she aimed for a scare and a lesson now. With a split seconds notice the wires came down, wrapping around the boy's neck as she lowered herself to his ear and drew him close. "Still a boy, prepubescent at that." The clone would poof into a puff of smoke and the assassin would wait for the boy to relax and respond. The wires weren't even tight enough to cut of speech, just tight enough to get the point across.
Katsu

Nafan~
Member Avatar
Yuube was startled as he felt the cold, hard steel around his neck. His mind swam with how close to death he was, the metal cord still pressing loosely around his neck. With a puff of smoke the clone of Naka disappeared, allowing Yuube to find out just how he'd been tricked. He realized now what Naka had done.

An upward twitch of the corner of Yuube's mouth betrayed him as Naka's breath on his ear tickled him. He was certain what she had said was insulting, but it was in one ear and out the other as relief flooded his mind, since he knew it was indeed her and not an enemy.
"Naka! You scared me half to death." Yuube hissed. His heart was still pounding, and his face was the color of beetroot with embarrassment of his mistake. He knew that he had been too lax when approaching, but he had been so excited to see Naka again.

He still couldn't quite put his finger on what made her fun to be around, but he knew she was different from other people. The way she spoke was smart, quick and hinted at danger and power that Yuube could never imagine. She was just fun to be around, even if she treated him like a small puppy.

"Can you let go of me now please? What are you doing up here anyway?
Posted Image
"Achatchaa~."
Characters

Nicol Bolas
Member Avatar
A sly smile spread across the girl's face as the garrote was lowered. She stepped away, turning to head back towards her previous destination. "I was heading to pick up a present for Reiha. I didn't want her to know so I asked Lee to keep it in the shop till later tonight when I came to pick it up." A complete fabrication but it would lead the kid off her trail for now, that is until she wanted to have her fun. "I decided to take the rooftops because it's easier and faster, also I'm getting in a little practice so I don't lose my edge."

Naka recalled the razors back into their seals. Within a second she was already jumping to the next roof and calling back. "Wanna tag along? I could show you a thing or two along the way."
Katsu

Nafan~
Member Avatar
Yuube listened attentively to Naka's words. Not only did he absorb their meaning but he scoured them for something, that special something that sparked his interest when she spoke. It wasn't there, not until she asked him to come with her. That mischievous tone in her voice, that was what made her fun. It dawned as suddenly as he snapped out of his deep thought.

His heart's nervous thudding turned into a swift pace of excitement. Naka had just asked him to do something with her. He had never done something with someone purely for fun before. Maybe, just maybe, he could get used to this. Yuube turned his head slightly to look at Naka as she landed on the next rooftop. He followed after her, like an over eager puppy, curious and excited about what lay ahead.

Before he replied, Yuube had to calm himself down somewhat. When he was suitably composed, he shouted back,"Well, I have nothing else to do, so I may as well come with you."
Posted Image
"Achatchaa~."
Characters

Nicol Bolas
Member Avatar
Naka continued to move forward, but she seemed distracted. Something was nagging at her the entire, and this boy had something to do with it. The scene kept playing itself over in her head like a movie, the same scene stuck on an infinite loop. She had done nothing wrong, he had snuck up on her and she reacted as an assassin should, by fading from sight and taking out the threat. As she slowed her pace to keep with the boy she looked over at him, jumping from roof to roof and staying with her to "pick up something for Reiha".

"You seem distracted, does he hold special meaning?"

Naka paused before answering the great dog. "No, he's just a genin that I met at the resturaunt with Reiha. I pulled his file and he's nothing impressive, apparently shows potential but who doesn't around here?"

"He is another tool of the village, and a possible tool to you."

"And yet I nearly assassinated him in cold blood. Had the village discovered that it was me I would be exicuted and you would fade with me."

"A fair point, but if the boy is weak enough to be so easily dispatched then perhaps he has no reason for living."

Something about that statement didn't sit right on Naka's ears, not anymore. A nagging voice rang at the back of Naka's mind, in the most secluded parts that she reserved for only herself. Reiha's warning voice. It spoke warning of Kaniseki and the road Naka was traveling. It was something that kept nagging at her ever since Reiha had said it, and it was not relenting.

"Kaniseki, I've always been an assassin and enjoyed it. Human life means nothing to me and is just an obstical to greater power and purpose. I can control them all one way or another. The weaker through fear, the stronger through cunning."

Kaniseki took a moment before responding and even then it was with a tinge of suspision. "True, you've become truly powerful and yet still have room to become stronger. I fail to see where the problem is though, seeing as how I've not even had to train you in the control of others, you do that naturally."

Naka blushed a little with the compliment. "True, and it's a skill I pride myself on greatly. I just can't shake this feeling that's been swelling up since Reiha's warning. If I can quote her accurately "an assassin's path is dark and littered with shadows but the best assassins know how to control the shadows, not become part of them". At the time I didn't know exactly what she meant and wrote it off. A number of other things keep cropping up that cause me to think though." Here Naka paused for an extended time, as if once again losing herself in deep thought. The entire time she'd kept the kid in the corner of her eye, never once letting him leave her sight.

"This isn't like you Naka, you know the true depths of your power. You've mastered everything I've given you with ease and kept asking for more, not caring about the sacrifices that must be made. Truly you've become a lethal being, indeed even more terrifying than myself in some respects."

Something clicked with Naka that made her even more uneasy. Deep down there was an an ache that felt like she was missing something. This had become her life, and she was in control. Reiha loved her and the village feared her. She had earned Kaniseki's respect. . . . it was there that she found the issue.

Naka began to rethink the past few years since aquiring Kaniseki, indeed since taking the path of an assassin. Naka had grown impossibly powerful for her possition but at what sacrifice? How many of the sacrifices where hers to make? But the final, and most pressing question, was just how much control did she really have? Naka gave into insanity upon a whim and let Kaniseki run rampant without a second thought, indeed enjoying the massacres he could create. Genin had gotten into her path and nearly lost more than their lives simply to serve her ends, but that's the issue. It wasn't her ends that were being served, it was insanity's and the Kaniseki's. He had gained control of her through using her darkest desires. He goaded her curriosity further and further down the path of murder. Kaniseki owned Naka, and it was time to end that, but he couldn't know.

Naka waved a hand through the air in a dismissing gesture. "It's probibly nothing, forget I mentioned anything."

Returning to the outside world Naka slowed to a stop with the shop in sight. It looked like the shop was just as she was expecting it, empty and ungaurded. It didn't matter now, she had changed her mind and turned to the boy. "The shop will hold onto the gem for a while and I'll pick it up in the morning. What do you say we grab a milkshake? I know where a store is open 24 hours. What do you say?"
Katsu

Nafan~
Member Avatar
Something was strange. That was the first thing Yuube thought after Naka's sudden stop and suggestion. Going for a milkshake, after she had just been talking about picking something up for Reiha, that didn't sound like the person he had met in the restaurant. He had been able to discern that the two were very much in love and he didn't think that Naka would simply abandon getting Reiha a surprise. Not only that, but the shop lights were not on and there was nobody to be seen, when Naka had said that Lee would hold it until Naka picked it up, so shouldn't he be here?

Worry crept into Yuube's heart. Worry for his new friend. Something had changed on her way here. She had not been one to give up easily when Yuube had met her in the restaurant. Suddenly dropping the idea of getting a surprise present for her beloved was almost totally out of the image Yuube had built of her. Although, a milkshake did sound ridiculously good.

Without completely removing his doubt over whether Naka was alright, Yuube replied, "Uh, Sure. I love milkshakes, especially caramel." Typical of Yuube to crave the sweetest of the flavors, over the top like most other things he does.
Posted Image
"Achatchaa~."
Characters

Nicol Bolas
Member Avatar
The store was just up ahead with the lights on and the door open. A man was obviously bustling around inside and getting things done in a hurry. Naka approached with a sauntering stride as she eased through the door, instantly catching the man's eye. She made sure Yuube was a little behind her in order to do what needed done first.

"Here for 2 milkshakes, got a couple to spare."

The man looked up from behind his counter with a distrusting glare. "Not for a thief with no money Jinchuriki."

"Shhhhh, not so loud, I've brought company and I have money. He's just a kid and I'm trying to figure a few things out, could we burry the sword for just tonight?"

The man continued to glare at her before covering his face with his hands. "Alright Naka, but one thing goes wrong I'm sending for the kage to come and finally put your ass in prison. It's bury the hatchet by the way."

Within seconds he was off to make the milkshakes. Naka ushered the boy in and sat him at a table before retrieving her own chair and sitting with him. It would be a second before he came back so they had a small chance to talk.

"So, you said you like caramele?"
OOC

I'm not running out of material as much as trying to get something set up. Feel free to take control of the thread for a bit though.
Katsu

Nafan~
Member Avatar
"Yeah, caramel is my favourite flavour." Yuube replied. However, something was on his mind. He wasn't that far behind that he hadn't heard the shop attendant speaking in a stern tone. He couldn't make out what it was the man was saying, but it was definitely directed at Naka. After all, who else was there here?

He couldn't understand Naka tonight. Not that he understood her at all from their previous meeting. It was just, she was being very erratic tonight, changing her mind at almost every turn. He decided to do a bit of a recap to see what he could pick out. It started with her greeting him openly hostile. Then she warmed to him and offered to take him along with her for a while. And then she changed her destination from strictly business to a milkshake. Her sudden changes in behavior and mood concerned him, he was scared for his new friend. Something was up, and Yuube couldn't begin to guess at what. So he asked.

"Naka, is something the matter?" Yuube looked up at her while he spoke, a look of genuine concern crossing his face momentarily. It almost surprised himself, since it was not often he was worried about someone else.
Posted Image
"Achatchaa~."
Characters

Nicol Bolas
Member Avatar
He was worried about her, and the face showed more datails than just that. Once more Naka recapped the events that were happening in the past year or so. Since Kaniseki came into the picture things had changed drastically. One thing had changed more than anything else though, Naka's control.

For several seconds Naka simply looked into the strange black eyes. She saw the reflection of Kaniseki's markings along her own face. She had looked into these eyes once before but never really saw Yuube, only annalyzed him. After an awkward moment of silence she finally answered his question.

"Why do you ask?"

The answer was obvious to her but she needed something to tick, and talking was the only way to figure out what.
Katsu

Nafan~
Member Avatar
Yuube wondered what this new look in her eyes was. They had changed from their calculating glint into something softer. He could almost hear her brain working, but it wasn't in the usual way. He believed he had genuinely surprised her. He could understand since this new feeling that he felt towards her had surprised him at first. But now he knew that he was worried for her, very worried in fact, and he guessed this was something he was supposed to feel towards a friend acting strange.

"Why? Uh.. Well.. Because we're friends.. I am just.. worried about you. I want to make sure that you'll be okay. I guess I could say that I care."
Edited by Nafan~, Apr 26 2012, 08:46 PM.
Posted Image
"Achatchaa~."
Characters

Nicol Bolas
Member Avatar
The answer struck her. She had expected it but it still was nothing so easy to take in. It gave her a moment of weakness, one that Kaniseki was keen to latch onto.

"It's true Naka, you don't seem to be yourself. You seem to be questioning yourself. Why is that?"

Naka had to regain herself and think quick. The beast was free at this moment and if he so chose could slaughter everyone here. "I'm sure it's passing. Just been wondering if I was truly in control of myself."

The demon was not amused, and he knew what was coming but chose to wait before acting. "Don't let such matters distract you Naka. A single slip in the game will be your life. . . or worse."

Once more Naka turned her attention to the boy. "Do you really care about me or are you fascinated with me? You've already seen that I can end your life in an instant."
Katsu

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Iwa · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Creative Commons License RPG-D
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.