Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome! If you can read this then that means you haven’t joined our forum yet, but don’t be worried, all you have to do is register to be a part of all this text based RP goodness!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
  • Pages:
[Mission] A Day's Work; Ame
Topic Started: Mar 4 2012, 10:00 AM (498 Views)
Hayate
Member Avatar
Sasugay
Original Request

Shikiri sat quietly, his hands folded over as he lay under the canopy on his cart. It rains every day. It's alway dark. How the hell do they expect me to farm crops. Apparently, a shinobi was coming to help him today. Because the magic all powerful shinobi that ruined this land would somehow be able to make even plants grow. Funny stuff. For the most part it was flat wet muddy land.

Shifting his weight in the cart he looked off in the distance. "Where is this fella. I hope he's strong enough." The fields had little sprouts, and channels dug so that the soil didn't wash away. Most of the crop was aquatic plants, but people still needed soil crops. The water wasn't a problem, but the dark cloudy skies were.

Edited by Hayate, Mar 5 2012, 11:14 PM.
Posted Image
So I'm a Kumo OOC, I guess. Need help? PM me.

Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Giyongchy
Member Avatar
착한사람이었음 안그랬죠 그러나 ...나쁜사람이 아니야 그렇죠?
Fusae yawned, pushing the somewhat damn strands of silver hair away from her face. It wasn't raining at that moment, but the clouds - like always - threatened a deluge. The woman didn't notice. She had been in Rain Country for so long that the weather no longer bothered her, and she only took notice of it if it was sunny, which was rare.

She approached the farm, looking around at its layout. When she was done observing, she walked over to the cart where the man sat. "Hello," she said, a faint smile on her face. "I'm here to help you out."

OOC

What does the farm look like? Is it flat? On a hill, etc. etc. Rather important to know.
Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

Hayate
Member Avatar
Sasugay
(OOC: Flat Land.)
The boy in the cart sat up- a piece of plant in his mouth. He spat it out- then spat again on the ground. "And you're so special aren't you?" He painted his face with an unhealthy look of disgust. "People like you only make matters worse, so it's ironic you're hear to help... anyhow my crop aint growing. Not enough sunlight. Not like you could fix this." His smirk solidified on his face. She, a woman, is a person, not god. not like she can make shit grow.

"Name's Shikiri. Oh please be my god oh so powerful woman!" He snorted. "woman."
Edited by Hayate, Mar 8 2012, 09:32 AM.
Posted Image

Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Giyongchy
Member Avatar
Fusae narrowed her eyes at the man's comments and tone. It wasn't in her nature to be helpful, not in the slightest. But the woman was selfish, and she wanted to live in a not-poor country, so she did what she had to do. "Listen," Fusae said as she glared at the spot where he spat on the ground, "because I'll only say this once. You need help, right? Well, I'm offering it. I'm sure not many people have offered to help you with your problem, right? Shinobi or not, woman or not, be grateful that I'm not leaving you here to rot.

"Now, sir, would you like my help or not?"
Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

Hayate
Member Avatar
Sasugay
The man cocked his head out- almost as if he was ready to stick his tongue out. Instead he began laughing, chuckling. Clutching his stomach he laughed. It was really funny, or so it seemed to him cause he had no idea who Awai, Fusae was. He smiled and then spoke. "Yeah. I want your help. If you're god and you can magically spruce things up and make these little plants grow. But even then no god is gunna be able to make plants grow in this hell hole."

For someone needing help he was really an ass. And ungrateful.
Edited by Hayate, Mar 8 2012, 09:31 AM.
Posted Image

Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Giyongchy
Member Avatar
OOC

Couple things I just thought about. I hope you know that there is only ONE person in the village knows that she's a shinobi, and no one knows her real name. So, I'm hoping the "light things up" thing isn't supposed to be referencing her Awai skills. I'm also wanting to edit my post so that she won't indicate she's a ninja.
Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

Hayate
Member Avatar
Sasugay
(OOC: I thought they knew you were a shinobi? And the light was him saying you can't do shit unless you're some sorta god. The irony being, as an awai you could.)
Posted Image

Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Giyongchy
Member Avatar
(No, no one does. The only person that knows she's a shinobi is a girl named Hinori at the tea house. She's on a "mission," but is taking it as concerned citizen. Like, just going around helping out. They'll find out eventually, but no one knows yet at all)
Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

Giyongchy
Member Avatar
OOC

Please take out the references to her being a ninja in your posts.
Fusae stared at the man, completely unamused. It took much of her willpower not to turn around and leave him. "If you can't make things grow here, then you may want to rethink your livelihood. Plants - the right plants - have no trouble growing in Ame. After all, it doesn't rain every single day. It's just 'bad' now because it's been raining for days.

"But anyway. Do you have crops accustomed to the climate? Deep water rice, for example. That'll be your best bet. This area doesn't flood as much as other parts of the country, but you can always plant it if it's waterlogged."
Edited by Giyongchy, Mar 7 2012, 01:37 PM.
Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

Hayate
Member Avatar
Sasugay
The man scrunched his brow and looked at her. "Really? You really think I haven't tried it? I'm growing rice over there, but rice isn't enough. I need more crop. Just rice will get you by but it won't be a healthy diet." He smiled. Knew she wouldn't be any help. "So oh powerful woman, what do you recommend." The farmer shifted his weight, then laid back down in the cart. "You just keep thinkin' alright sweety?"
Posted Image

Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Giyongchy
Member Avatar
Fusae tried her best not to react aggressively. Needless to say, it was difficult. "Get up," she said through gritted teeth. "No, rice alone isn't healthy, but it makes up half our diet. If you're so concerned, trade some of it.

"Get up. Sitting on your butt won't do anything. If you need more crop, then we'll go get it."
Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

Hayate
Member Avatar
Sasugay
"Tell me something I don't know." He stayed on his back in the cart. "And while you're at it, give me an answer to my problem. Growing conditions, not what to grow. I got rice, I got crop for this area. But it ain't enough. I need to be able to grow all sorts of stuff. Medicinal, food, you got it." Shikiri let out a yawn. The sky was growing darker- as if to warn of a storm yet to come. Whatever work they must do must be accomplished fast, but how do you motivate such a lazy person?

"It will let me collect my thoughts, and you can collect yours while I think." Finally sitting up in his cart the farmer rubbed his arms and snorted again. This woman.
Posted Image

Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Giyongchy
Member Avatar
OOC
"You're impossible."

Fusae sat down next to him, crossing her legs in a non-traditional fashion. She gazed at him, wondering what could have possibly contributed to the creation of such a lazy, pessimistic man. "If you think growing conditions aren't right, then you don't know your own land. This country has plenty of rain forests, mostly to the south and east. They get ignored, but they're the richest forests around. There's plenty of potential crops there, if you know where to look. It could be the same for this place if you'd get up and do something about it. We don't live in the swamps, at least, so there's potential."
Edited by Giyongchy, Mar 9 2012, 08:59 AM.
Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

Hayate
Member Avatar
Sasugay
OOC

Shikiri scoffed at her. He couldn't help but notice though she was rather attractive. Though her next words made him angry once more. Bitch. "I know my land and I certainly know that I can't grow everything here. We don't have the economy to import. Sure, rain forests. That works for all sorts of staples. The problem remains I can't control the climate and weather. That's not my fault, but I'm trying to think of a solution so I can have a safe growing environment."
Posted Image

Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Giyongchy
Member Avatar
Fusae listened to him, though she didn't appear to be too engaged. She continued to squish the soil between her fingers as she thought about the man's situation. When he stopped talking, she allowed a rather long pause so that he could calm himself. "You're impossible. " she said, almost talking to herself. "We can work with the climate...or protect against it...hm...."

Finally, she looked up at the man, staring straight into his eyes. "If you don't want to trust the weather, then we'll build a greenhouse. It'll take time and materials, but if this country has anything, it's scraps. There's wood we can use, glass we can temper. It won't be easy, but it can be done."

She turned towards him, scooting in the dirt and trying to ignore that the movement made her clothes dirty. "If you're okay with that idea, then we'll start. If not, I'm open to your own ideas since you don't trust me enough to take my advice about things."

The kunoichi stood to her feet, brushing off some of the dirt that clung to her robes. "Whatever you decide, do it quickly. There's a missing child I need to find as well."
Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

Hayate
Member Avatar
Sasugay
Everything the woman said was in vain. Shikiri smiled. "You're definetly hot but you can't help me." Within a moment though his face light up and he jumped into the air. "I got it! I'll build green houses. This will be easy. I no longer need your help, not that you helped at all. I'll take care of it from here. You're free to go, whatever you said your name was again." He rose from the cart and took off "Go on. I have work to do." and with that he began to head towards his broken carts and spare wood.

It seemed the kunoichi was free to go upon her next job. She would probably have to pay a visit to the Marshal's office located back within the village.
Posted Image

Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Giyongchy
Member Avatar
She frowned a bit, though was glad he was finally up doing something about his situation. "It's Kasumi. Anyway, good luck." She walked back towards the village and headed to the marshal's.
Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

Hayate
Member Avatar
Sasugay
The sky was growing darker still- the clouds foreshadowing the rain soon to come. Rumor had it that it would be an exceptionally strong storm too. The marshal sat in his office, his fists rolled up as he tried to address the village people. People screamed, yelled. It was a mess.

Finally the timid Marshal let himself roar. "SILENCE. THE CHILD WILL NOT BE FOUND UNTIL WE ORGANIZE AND SEARCH. YOUR ARGUING WILL NOT SAVE HIM MEAN NOTHING" However the crowd was silent for only a few seconds. "it's that old creeper. HE TOOK MY SONNN. That bastard Shijuru that lives up on the cliff. I bet he's doing heinous things to him in his basement." The crowd replied, and a few people began to speak of torching the house.

The volunteer would soon find herself in the middle of an angry mob.
Posted Image

Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Giyongchy
Member Avatar
'Another mob, eh?' Fusae could have yawned. She had plenty of experience breaking up mobs and unruly people. Luckily for the villagers, the kunoichi wasn't inclined to take care of them using her usual method of killing them all.

Nearby was a house atop a cliff, housing an alleged pervert. Hearing this, Fusae quickly went away from the crowd towards the house, moving much faster than any of the villagers. She would have to get there first.

When she arrived at the house, she quickly knocked on the door. The blows on the wood were heavy, demanding. If he didn't respond quickly, she was prepared to knock the door down.
Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

Hayate
Member Avatar
Sasugay
As she beat the crowd to the door the ever growing storm continued. Now, distant thunder could be heard. She knocked extremely hard as the door shook. After a brief silence a voice spoke. "What do you want." It was old- decrepit with age. But was it the sound of an evil mans voice. "I said what the hell do you want you damn rufian? People can't leave a lonely old man alone." Something was wrong. Thought the young woman would have to find things out for herself.
Posted Image

Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Giyongchy
Member Avatar
"There coming to kill you," she said matter-of-factually. The door hadn't been opened, so she spoke to the man through the wooden paneling. "They're pretty adamant that you kidnapped a boy and are doing all kinds of vile things to him. If you give him to me now, you can probably skip town now. Otherwise, I'll only be able to watch as they rip you to shreds."

Fusae took a step backwards so that if he had a peep hole, he could clearly see her - alone. She tried her best to look calm and non-threatening. "Let me in and I can help you, sir."
Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

Hayate
Member Avatar
Sasugay
The locks in the door began to become undone. One could hear them- every lock's mechanism doing work. And boy, there was alot of them. The door swang open very slightly for a brief moment. "Enter and close and lock the door behind you." the man sad. He sat alone, sickly, like a skeleotn, in a chair.

Around the chair were pictures. Pictures of a woman and a bunch of children. Odd. Was he obsessed with children, or was it thinking to much into things.
Posted Image

Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Giyongchy
Member Avatar
Fusae followed the man into his home, gazing around for a few moments before turning to lock the door. She fumbled with the locks as if trying to seal them all, but she had really only locked a few. If either of them needed a quick escape through this door, she didn't want them to be slowed by his overly secure door.

After a moment's pause, the kunoichi turned her head towards the man, seeking to make eye contact with him. The last thing she wanted was to piss him off. If that happened, she'd likely lose him, the child, and the village's fledgling faith in her. Instead of accusing him or threatening him, she asked him a simple question that, at first, seems irrelevant. "Are these your kids in the pictures?"
Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

Hayate
Member Avatar
Sasugay
The man smiled. Then became silent, his face showed agony. "Yes. All Eight. And that's my wife." He was soon silent. He almost looked quiet enough to cry. "So why you bothering me? I normally wouldn't let people in but you remind me of her-" he point to the picture again. "I don't let anyone in. No one in, no one leaves. Just me. All alone. Used to have a dog but it died of old age a few years back." The man frowned. Hmph.
Posted Image

Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Giyongchy
Member Avatar
Fusae allowed her eyes to wander towards the picture. They lingered only long enough for the kunoichi to briefly wonder what happened to the apparently large and happy family in the photographs. Her mind then briefly, oddly, remembered her own family that she and her brother had, together, torn apart.

Shaking her head free of the thought, Fusae turned back to the task at hand. "Alone, huh? Those people from the village don't seem to think so." She decided to take a chance. "Maybe you got tired of being alone and took in a wandering boy, hoping he'd keep you company. I won't blame you if that's the case. But-" she paused to listen for any sign of the approaching villagers, "the villagers aren't so forgiving."

With some effort, Fusae made herself look sympathetic and moved over towards the pictures, standing next to them. It was a calculated move. When she turned around to face him, she made sure that it would only take a small flicker of the man's eyes to see both Fusae and the picture of his absent wife. "Why don't you ease a family's pain? If you know where the boy is, then tell me. Because if they get here and I don't have the boy safe and sound, I'm not sure I can stop them from burning down your house with you in it."
Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

Hayate
Member Avatar
Sasugay
The old man's face grew distorted with anger as the girl asked such questions. "How dare you even think those scum- those people anything more than scared little liars. Get out of my house. Now. I don't have any boy- and the last thing I would do is take anyones children when mine where taken from me. Get out." His slender and decaying hands clawed the arm rests of his chair. He cackled.

"The nerve of you. Of your kind." You'd be better off checking the wooded areas, or somewhere kids who have evil brat parents would find refugee in."
Posted Image

Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Giyongchy
Member Avatar
Initially, Fusae didn't move or speak, and the only sounds that could be heard was the man's heavy, enraged breathing and the howling wind that seemed to reflect his anger. She watched his face, silently tracing the lines etched into his aged skin. Fusae was no lie detector, but she had made it clear - at least, she thought she did - that the man's safety depended on the boy's safe return to his family.

Finally, Fusae sighed began turning away from him. "I'll check the surrounding forest then. But, for your sake, I hope I find the boy before the villagers find you."
Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

Hayate
Member Avatar
Sasugay
"If they kill an innocent man it's them who will find themselves entering an eternal hell." he spat. A loud boomig noise came- in succession of five seconds at a time. It was the rolling thunder. The house shook. People? Nay- it was the storm. The incoming storm. "If you want to find that boy- if some hideous creature didn't eat him. You should probably do so now. There's a map my sons drew when they were alive- before they died in the wars. They had all sorts of tunnels and areas to play in in the forests and surrounding area."

He pointed to a scrapbook across near the dining table. "I think my life might end tonight, innocent or not, I will join them. No need to have that sentimental attachment."
Posted Image

Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Giyongchy
Member Avatar
The man was bitter. Horribly bitter. Fusae had no time to fully meditate on the reason for the man's acrimony - though she now felt centered around his family. After holding in a sigh, Fusae nodded. The map may prove to be invaluable. "The map would be helpful, yeah. I'd like to borrow it if that's alright." The kunoichi moved towards the scrapbook. gingerly picking it up in her hands. She opened it, flipping the pages without really looking at the pictures.

As she flipped through the aged pages, her brow crinkled with thought. The man didn't seem to be guilty of any wrongdoing. And yet, the villagers were convinced that he was. Perhaps, if she was careful, she could save two lives instead of one. Slowly, Fusae looked up, being sure that she met the man's gaze before she spoke. "You could come with me. You probably know the area better than I do and well..." her eyes flickered to a nearby window for a brief moment, "I guess it'd be rude to leave you here to die."
Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

Hayate
Member Avatar
Sasugay
The man rose up slowly, but something odd happened. As he rose up to his full height, he reached for a cane, and upon grabbing it, he began to move. And as he moved, his body changed. It was as if weight was added. A dark black seal enveloping his body. "You keep my secrets and I will keep yours." For an old man, he seemed more like a 50 year old in his peak condition. "All you need to know is I was a powerful man, and for my power, my family died. I blame myself, but if I can save this child..." The man almost seemed to tear as he formed a seal.

"They will never expect me as- well that I am the old man. I've lived out in seclusion here since Amegakure's end. Now, shall we save a child, and perhaps I can help you some day for helping me?"
Edited by Hayate, Mar 29 2012, 08:24 PM.
Posted Image

Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Giyongchy
Member Avatar
Fusae eyebrows raised for a brief instant in an involuntary gesture of surprise, but she quickly cemented her features into a calmer expression. His identity was, at that moment, a mystery that she had not acknowledged before that point. She knew only what her family and other villagers had said about Ame's history, so she wasn't quite sure if she should trust him.

After gazing at him fore a few more moments, Fusae decided that, for the moment, she would trust the man. She seemed to have gotten through to him by using the boy. It showed that, no matter what he said or did, he still cared about something in the world.

Fusae dipped her head in a shallow bow and said, "Your secret is safe with me so long as mine are safe with you." A smile crossed her lips as she made her way to the door. "I'll take you up on that. Now let's go find the boy."
Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

Hayate
Member Avatar
Sasugay
"Of course. I was hesitant at first but... even if you angered me... a child. I know what its like to lose one, multiple ones. I can't bear that happening to anyone. Let us go." Grabbing the map he left, and in a single bound leaped halfway to the edge of the forest. In another leap, he was gone behind the trees. "Hurry" his voice called. It had finally begun- the thunder smashed the ears of all below, lightning tore the sky asunder. The rain pelted down.

At least the forest canopy would protect them from the rain.
Posted Image

Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Giyongchy
Member Avatar
Fusae raised her brow at the man's sudden agile movements, but there wasn't enough time to truly stand in awe. In the span of a heartbeat, she was following him into the dense forest. She had a visual advantage; Fusae could see more in the dark forest than the man probably could. She kept an eye out for anything out of the ordinary.

Figuring she could use another pair of eyes, she formed hand seals as she ran then paused to slam her hand on a nearby tree. After a puff of smoke, Myoukei dropped onto the ground.

"No time to explain. Follow us, and keep a lookout for a little boy or anyone else." Myoukei, of course, wanted to complain, but she did as she was told. The kunoichi and her summon ran to catch up with the man, wondering where they were headed.

Justu
Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

Hayate
Member Avatar
Sasugay
The man nodded when the kunoichi caught up. "Hmph... so you're one of them. Uzuryuu by the way." he was referring to her eyes, and the summon with the earlier statement. "You wish to help this country, so your secret is safe, and you may always contact me. I'll probably have to relocate soon." he sniffed about. "It seems that nearby- theres a whole this way, that's where kids usually hang out." Before he could speak more- a massive bolt of lightning shot down and landed dangerously close to the man. He flew back into the mud hard against a tree, the wood creaking as the tree that had been hit fell.

What of the man? Either way, this was no place for a child.
Edited by Hayate, Apr 4 2012, 04:04 PM.
Posted Image

Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Giyongchy
Member Avatar
Fusae gave him a brief greeting, introducing herself as Kasumi. They traveled into the forest for a while until a flash of lightning suddenly illuminated the area. As the lightning cracked around them, Fusae yelped and shielded her face. Luckily for her, she was unharmed. The man, however, was not so lucky. He was on the ground, hurt by the fallen tree.

Thinking quickly, Fusae formed hand seals and a second serval poofed into existence next to her. This feline was larger than the first, his muscles rippling beneath his fluffy fur. Netsui! The tree!" But the serval didn't need the command; as soon as he saw the injured man lying beneath the tree, Netsui sprang into action. He pushed himself against the tree, trying to use his strength to push it from on top of him.

At Netsui worked to move the tree, Fusae fanned out her hand. Myoukei understood the command and began to slowly scour the area for any signs of human life or presence. The kunoichi kneeled next to the man to observe his injuries. "Uzuryuu! Are you okay?"

*Justu - Summoning.
Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

Hayate
Member Avatar
Sasugay
The summon knocked the tree off the man enough to drag him out gently- at which point upon the kunoichi's inspection, it would- well Uzuryuu would seem rather quiet. Too quiet. His breathing was shallow, but he seemed to have noting more than a serious concussion, well, and being out cold. The kunoichi wouldn't gain a response from him anytime soon. Perhaps she should insure his safety, than continue the mission.

The other summon however hadn't found anything as of yet. Another bolt of lightning illuminated the forest- off in the distance, there was a shed. Odd placement.
Posted Image

Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Giyongchy
Member Avatar
Fusae pressed two fingers on the man's neck. She found a pulse, but it was faint and slow. She mentally racked her brain for medical techniques, but she wans't sure if she knew any techniques that would help him. For now, he would have to simply wait, and she would have to simply hope he would okay for now. With some hesitation, the kunoichi joined Myoukei in the search and left Netsui to watch over him.

Meanwhile, Myoukei was approaching the shed, wary of what may be lurking inside. Fusae quickly caught up to the feline, and they both carefully ventured inside.
Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

Hayate
Member Avatar
Sasugay
What the Kunoichi would find was exactly what she was looking for. The child would be curled in a ball in the corner, rocking back and forth. He seemed scared- perhaps someone had, or perhaps it was true his family had abused him, and he had ran into the forest for refuge. When he saw the Kunoichi he smiled. "Pretty lady. You come to take me to heaven!" he shouted.
Posted Image

Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Giyongchy
Member Avatar
She shook her head before picking up the kid so that he stood upright. Seeing tha ther job was done, Myoukei poofed back to her own world. Fusae sighed, looking the boy up and down to make sure he was okay. "I'm here to take you home."
Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

Hayate
Member Avatar
Sasugay
The boy frowned, and began to cry. "Please no!" He didn't want to go home. "Not back there. I rather go to heaven. I don't want to go back home. I can't survive." Some stirring happened a bit back. Was it Uzuryuu? Who knew. Either way this boy had to be taken care of. It would now be almost clearly obvious he was being abused, or something preventing him from wanting to go home. What to do.
Posted Image

Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Countries · Next Topic »
Locked Topic
  • Pages:

Creative Commons License RPG-D
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.