Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome! If you can read this then that means you haven’t joined our forum yet, but don’t be worried, all you have to do is register to be a part of all this text based RP goodness!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[Mission] Trapped
Topic Started: Jan 13 2012, 03:03 AM (602 Views)
Jeff
Member Avatar

mission

A gloomy overcast was around the village hidden in the mist as a sad event struck the people of the village; not that many people actually knew this had happened. An out of village mine had collapsed, causing a few of the workers to be stuck within it. Not only did that happen, but a band of thieves decided to take over the site at the misfortune of those who have not seen sunlight for days.

It was misty out in the open and the night sky could not be seen that clearly through the thick mist. It shrouded the lands as well as the buildings of the mining site, making it a little more nerve racking for those who were to be walking out in it this late. Not only that, but a cold wind would blow every now and then, sending chills out to those who were not prepared for it.

Right outside the small mining town was a man who stood there waiting nervously for the ninja he had hired to come in and free his friends, as well as the people of the thieves that tried to take over. It was their only hope and it was the rest of the money that he was able to take before he left. His face was old and wrinkly, and he wore navy blue overalls with a black sweatshirt over that.
Posted Image
Characters

Old Characters
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mysterious Stranger
Member Avatar
[KIRI CO-OOC]
Shiv moved toward the location, he was moving at a steady pace. It didn't take long to find the man that had hired Shiv, this man was an elderly chap, he looked overly stressed, any commoner would be in these circumstances, but being stressed wasn't gonna save the town. Shiv made his appearance from a bit away so to not surprise the man, if anything a simple surprise from behind might give the man a heart attack. Or on the contrary this man could be strong and resilient, just on edge perhaps. Shiv knew what he had to do, meeting this man would get rid of the unnecessary pleasantries, Shiv hoped the man was the latter, because he didn't like dealing with helpless people.

Shiv looked at the man in the eyes, then in a hushed tone, muffled by his helmet Shiv said "Let us get a move on, brief me on the situation and the location of the targets that need to be eliminated, I will proceed to them first before rescuing the miners. I will also need to know where this mine is. Speak quickly, for time is of the essence."
Edited by Mysterious Stranger, Jan 13 2012, 05:22 PM.
Posted Image

Shinobi
Name: Karagata, Shiv
Village: Kirigakure No Sato
Missions: S:0 A:0 B:1 C:1 D:0
Personality
Extra Stuff
So I'm a Kiri Co-OOC. Need help? PM me.

Jeff
Member Avatar

The man, weary and scared saw a figure walking toward him from out in the distance. Friend or foe, he was not sure of as the few seconds that he waited, anticipating if it were either he realized that it were a ninja of the village hidden in the mist. With that in mind, a sudden relief came over his mind and he realized that he may actually get his friends and his family back from the town.

"Thank the heavens that you are finally here!" he would speak, a sigh of relief overcoming him once more as he was asked for a debriefing of everything that was supposed to be going on within the camp.

"Alright, well there are three thieves in there who have taken over the town. One is stationed in my house with my wife and children, another is usually in the guards tower and the third likes to smoke in the back near the mine. Now the order goes, towers, houses and the mine is all the wayi in the back. Please save the miners, there are five and please, please do not sound off an alarm so they dont kill my family.
"
Posted Image
Characters

Old Characters

Mysterious Stranger
Member Avatar
[KIRI CO-OOC]
OOC: Sorry for short post, don't know how to act to the tower since I don't know anything about it yet.

The information was given quickly; Shiv liked that. Everything was in place, Shiv just had to act. Shiv looked over the man once more, then in a hushed tone said "I'll be heading in now; keep a low profile."

Shiv quietly left the man, the man would know when the deed was done, for the village would hopefully spring to life with the death of all three bandits. Shiv made his way to the tower since it was first on his list. He looked it over, examining it, making sure to note anything of importance particularly the points of entry. From a safe distance, Shiv blended into the mist, silently scaling the tower; he would then look to see if he could spot the bandit from a window.
Posted Image

Shinobi
Personality
Extra Stuff

Jeff
Member Avatar

The tower was the largest and tallest building within the whole camp grounds. It had four pillars that circled around it and a tall ladder that was first seen on the side that the ninja was facing. In the center of the four pillars was a large square, stone building that seemed to be about four or five stories tall. It was completely grey, and had a window with a small candlelight coming from it. That window was where the first seen ladder was headed toward.

Circling around the side of the building, the ninja would see a large oval door that would seem to be the base entrance. It had a black painted design of a falcon on it and had a black door knob to match the colored design. Other than that, there were no distinct features that would be seen of the tower.
Posted Image
Characters

Old Characters

Mysterious Stranger
Member Avatar
[KIRI CO-OOC]
The large door would be the easiest point of entry but there was a possibility for an alarm system, not likely but Shiv had to be professional. The only other viable point of entry was the window, but with that candle it made things difficult. Time was of the essence though, the window have to do. Shiv moved quietly, hidden within the mist. There he stood before the ladder, but the ladder would provide unnecessary noise, instead he would opt for using the tree climbing technique, at least with this he was able to carefully move forward silently. At about this point in time, Shiv activated his active camo, giving him more than just a slight edge in the stealth department. He moved slowly and reached the window, he carefully looked inside, examining the surroundings within.

Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by Mysterious Stranger, Jan 18 2012, 02:33 AM.
Posted Image

Shinobi
Personality
Extra Stuff

Jeff
Member Avatar

The silent movements and with the help of the camouflage technique and the already thick mist, the ninja was able to silently move up the scaled, concrete tower as he would peer inside the window revealing a vast assortment of things. For starters, there was a table with a glass of sake and a sandwich sitting on top of it. next to the large table was a comfy looking leather chair as well as binoculars atop the chair. Everything else just consisted of three candles that lit up the room, each placed about eight feet from each other, and posters that hung off the walls.

Nobody would be inside the tower room but on the floor would be a trap door that probably led down into the bottom half of the tower. If the ninja were to take a step on the wooden floors, which already looked worn out, they would hear a squeak coming through, making caution extreme for trying to take out the thief that should be in here.
Posted Image
Characters

Old Characters

Mysterious Stranger
Member Avatar
[KIRI CO-OOC]
The room looked old and with that fresh sandwich and drink, the guard was likely to appear again soon. Here Shiv would wait in silence, carefully slithering into the room like a snake. He moved on the wall, quelling any unintentional noise made in the process, he maneuvered around the many posters finally reaching the top of the room, there he stood, looking down at the trap door beneath him. In silence he waited for the man to appear, so that Shiv may strike.
Posted Image

Shinobi
Personality
Extra Stuff

Jeff
Member Avatar

Silence was all that was heard as the apparent thief that should have been up in this tower had not shown for about five minutes or so. It was strange and the constant waiting might have made the ninja grow bored as creaking sound of floorboards beneath the surface would start to arrive, proving that someone was coming up and into the top of the tower. Probably a thief and probably to claim his drink as well as his sandwich.

In a moments notice a tall slender man, about 6'2, stood there yawning as he flicked the bright red hair over his head. He moved some of it out of his eyes before walking up to the sandwich and taking a bite of it, the smacking of his lips echoing into the room as he let out a smile from the pure delicious taste of it.

Looking at his hands would show his pale skin tone and a burn mark over his right hand. His clothing was all black with large black boots that covered over his feet. His attire was not one that people might call a thief, but nonetheless was still one of the three.
Posted Image
Characters

Old Characters

Mysterious Stranger
Member Avatar
[KIRI CO-OOC]
Shiv was used to waiting; he had been in this same situation countless times. Each time he dispatched his targets brutally with little or no remorse of the consequences, he actually took pleasure in the actions. But this time, he needed to be precise, since this mission was a delicate one. Shiv would exact death upon this man quickly, saving this man from the lingering pain and suffering that most felt before a gruesome death.

Shiv moved slowly, his arms moved downward silently toward the man, within seconds and with alarming speed, Shiv attempted to twist the neck of the man, taking a firm grasp of this man's head, it would be simply to easy in this circumstance. If Shiv was successful he would keep a grip on the man and then gently place him down on the ground, before skillfully slipping out the window toward the next target.
Edited by Mysterious Stranger, Jan 22 2012, 11:04 PM.
Posted Image

Shinobi
Personality
Extra Stuff

Jeff
Member Avatar

It was quick and painless for the first thief, not knowing that a skilled ninja was hiding within the shadows as his neck was snapped and his body was laid across the ground, now lifeless and with nothing else going for him. It was a brutal way to die and this man would never see another day.

The ninja would escape the window and be given two different options that he could take for the last two thieves. The first was for him to go out and rescue the miners with one of thieves within it or go and take on the boss in the mans house. Both were available to perform, but it was all up to the ninja to choose which was more important.

From his location, the mine was all the way in the back and the house was closer to him.
Posted Image
Characters

Old Characters

Mysterious Stranger
Member Avatar
[KIRI CO-OOC]
Shiv had to move fast, lives were on the line; the safety of both the miners and the family were primary objectives. It didn't take him long to decide which path he would take, he moved toward the house, these people were in more jeopardy, as the thief was able to kill them or violate them at any moment, didn't need a hostage situation. It didn't take long to find the house, Shiv examined it from the outside, carefully hidden within the mist. Simple yet effective, assessment of the area was almost second nature for Shiv. He would need to establish points of entry just like last time, and look for anything unusual.
Posted Image

Shinobi
Personality
Extra Stuff

Jeff
Member Avatar

Both of the next two places to visit had hostages, just one of them would contain the leader while the other would contain the second thief. Choosing the house though would live the Kirigakure ninja to the leader of the thieves as a peering into one of the four windows surrounding the house would show a man with a long machete swinging it back and forth within his hands. Further looking within the window would show a beautiful young woman tied on the ground, surrounded by two small boys, both tied as well and each of their faces flushed from the tears that kept falling from their eyes. Fear was stricken into those three as the front door, back door and each of the windows were all closed.

The only other real entrance looked to be the chimney, but a fire was brewing. the ninja would need to think of something, and fast so that he could get the miners in the mine as well.
Posted Image
Characters

Old Characters

Mysterious Stranger
Member Avatar
[KIRI CO-OOC]
As Shiv peered into the window he noticed the family was in jeopardy, the man before them was an absolute disgrace of a man. The good thing though was that Shiv had control over the situation. Shiv would fell the man before he could react, Shiv excelled in close quarter scenarios.

Moving his right hand up toward his machete he darted toward the house at a blurring speed, while charging his left arm with chakra. The moment he reached the house he released a sudden blast, opening the room. In moments the shinobi had already closed the gap between the breached wall and the thief and in under a second Shiv has already moved to dispatch the enemy. The cold machete was aimed toward the throat of the man, Shiv didn't have time to properly dispose of the man, a clean decapitation would most certainly do. If such a feat was successful he would quickly free all the hostages then be on his way, efficiently moving toward the last objective.

Shiv would make his leave by quietly saying, "You're safe now, care to the children. Moving to the last objective now."

Edited by Mysterious Stranger, Jan 30 2012, 11:43 PM.
Posted Image

Shinobi
Personality
Extra Stuff

Jeff
Member Avatar

The sounds of the house being broken into would echo all throughout the little miner town as the thief had no time to react to the incoming blade as his head was cut cleanly off, the people even more scared now by the ninja who walked in then they were of the thief that was originally holding them hostage. What a brutal way to kill someone and what an even more traumatic experience to see the person die as the children's faces turned a bright pale color and their mother's eyes would shift back and forth within her head, trying not to look at the lifeless body and the blood that was now flooding all throughout the floor.

"T-thank you.." she would mutter before taking her boys and running outside of the house, getting as far away from the horror as she possibly could have.

The explosion before was loud, and more caution then ever was going to be needed for the jounin who probably had given the last and final thief an idea of what was going on. What was even worse, was that he had the last few hostages so being careful not to get them killed was a must.
Posted Image
Characters

Old Characters

Mysterious Stranger
Member Avatar
[KIRI CO-OOC]
OOC: How can the last thief kill the miners? Are they not stuck within the collapsed mine? Or am I missing something, sorry. Also thank you for posting so quickly after I leave a reply, I appreciate it.
Posted Image

Shinobi
Personality
Extra Stuff

Jeff
Member Avatar

OOc: well he is guarding the mine in general.. just leave it at that...
Posted Image
Characters

Old Characters

Mysterious Stranger
Member Avatar
[KIRI CO-OOC]
Shiv moved toward the last objective, well aware that the last thief probably figured everything out by now. In fact Shiv felt relieved that the formal part of the mission was done with. A slight shiver crept up his back; it wasn't a shiver of fright, it was of anticipation. An experienced veteran would be able to tell that Shiv had a blood lust in his eye, more so than normal. His movements hastened as he approached the mine mostly because of his anticipation, he also wouldn't want to fail the objective in turn harming the reputation of Kirigakure. As he approached he did as he did before, careful examination of the area and looking for points of entry, this was a much more open place, he would need stealth here. He blended into the environment seamlessly with a few quick hand seals, searching for his prey.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger, Feb 8 2012, 04:18 PM.
Posted Image

Shinobi
Personality
Extra Stuff

Jeff
Member Avatar

The ninja was able to blend once more and walking toward the final part of this mission was the mine, where the miners were trapped and all kept (though safe or in danger was not really known). With that being said, the mist was still thick around the area and the last and final thief stood near the entrance, flipping a coin up and down as he did not expect or really notice the ninja coming toward him in the silence. This thief, dressed in all black, and with blue hair escaping his head wear, was not even aware that his partners had been killed and that only he remained in watch over the small mining village.

His stature was quite small, and once taken care of, behind him would reveal a dark, dark mine shaft with an elevator that seemed to be broken .There were cracks and chips coming off of the walls, showing that it was old and that busting straight through would not be a very great option.
Posted Image
Characters

Old Characters

Mysterious Stranger
Member Avatar
[KIRI CO-OOC]
The man before him was another scrub, a simple target that needed to be eliminated. If it hadn't been for those pesky civilians being in a life or death scenario, Shiv would of had his fun with this one, he would and could of gladly tortured the man till death for hours, for the pure entertainment factor but as always the mission had to come first or his superiors would jack him up hard.

Shiv got in range for the shunshin technique and in little more than a second had moved in to incapacitate the enemy from the side of the man. His machete was drawn perfectly as his body appeared before the man, sure the man would have been able to react, but with his inhuman speed, Shiv aimed to remove any idea of the enemy making any counter attack. His machete moved vertically along both legs, if successful the thief would indeed be crippled to the point where he would answer any of his questions. Shiv would then look over the man, if any attempt was made to activate or counter attack the man before him would be easily dispatched with a quick stab to the head.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger, Feb 14 2012, 09:46 PM.
Posted Image

Shinobi
Personality
Extra Stuff

Jeff
Member Avatar

The last of the three thieves went down with the sword cutting him down to size. His head flew off and the blood from his body started to spill out on the floor as nothing could be done. The jounin was just way to fast for any real interactions to be taken against him. All he had to do now was go down the broken elevator shaft and help save the miners who were laying tripped and dying from starvation and thirst.
Posted Image
Characters

Old Characters

Mysterious Stranger
Member Avatar
[KIRI CO-OOC]
Before Shiv would do anything he examined the area, looking for any equipment that could help him in this last endeavor. He wasn't much for doing anything beside combat, so he was looking for materials and or gear used for when an emergency like this happens. Usually they would have something at the top to help get stranded miners out of a life and danger situation.
Posted Image

Shinobi
Personality
Extra Stuff

Jeff
Member Avatar

The miners were all trapped behind stone and all that was seen around were small pick axes as well as a lot of explosive powder. Measuring up the size of the powder, there was almost enough to blow the whole place to hell, if the ninja was really into doing that. Other than that, there was not much there.
Posted Image
Characters

Old Characters

Mysterious Stranger
Member Avatar
[KIRI CO-OOC]
OOC: Sorry but I don't understand how the placed looks now, are the miners down a shaft or behind rocks? Or both, can you give me a detailed description, my character has little to no utility at this point, he is a battle char, lol.
Posted Image

Shinobi
Personality
Extra Stuff

Jeff
Member Avatar

OOC: Okay so there is a shaft that takes you down, elevator broken. When you reach bottom there is a wall of rocks that has trapped them.
Posted Image
Characters

Old Characters

Mysterious Stranger
Member Avatar
[KIRI CO-OOC]
The jounin looked down the shaft, it was pitch black and he didn't have anything to lend light to the situation, he also had no expertise in fixing the bloody elevator, so he did what anyone with a brain would do in that situation. He pushed the body of the thief down the shaft, to see really how far this thing went down. After hearing such he would then simply head outside the entrance looking for two things; a source of light and rope, or anything sturdy enough to lift a person.
Posted Image

Shinobi
Personality
Extra Stuff

Jeff
Member Avatar

The body would only fall about fifteen feet before a thudding sound would occur. It was not that deep of a shaft but it would still be hard to take the miners one at a time that way. Searching for a source of light as well as a means to pick them up was smart as walking out of the shaft would reveal several tourches on several buildings. Directly outside the mine was a stretcher with about twenty feet worth of rope. Miners were usually always prepared.
Posted Image
Characters

Old Characters

Mysterious Stranger
Member Avatar
[KIRI CO-OOC]
Shiv was relieved to find such a treasure, his job would have been ten times more hard if he had to rely on wholly on his own kit and skills. Gathering the rope, stretcher, and a few torches he proceeded back into the mine. There he tied the rope securely to a rock or something around that could easily hold the weight of two men. After he securely placed a torch on the top of the shaft, keeping it in position and granting some light down the shaft. Now he could make out the bottom of the shaft, it was a decent drop but nothing for a shinobi. Shiv threw the rope down the shaft and did a few hand seals before picking up the stretcher and jumping down into the shaft. The cushion of air made the jump harmless.

Shiv analyzed the rubble of rock, looking to see, if there was any possible way to break it open without using too much force. If so he would then proceed to open it up for the miners, essentially freeing them in the process. If such a technique did work he would place each miner of the stretcher and slowly free each of them from the collapsed mine. It would take away but with the strength and speed of a shinobi it would be a small task.

* [Wind Element • Air Cushion]
D-rank Ninjutsu
After forming a short string of hand seals, air will compact itself into a 4 meter radius "cushion" of sorts that is used to soften a fall from a great height. This won't prevent all damage but it will prevent major injury. It can be used up to twenty yards away from the user. It lasts until the end of the post it’s used in and dissipates after one use.

Breach and Clear
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Implanted air tubes
Range: Personal (1 foot)
This technique was created as a way to quickly breach a building, without having to waste a whole lot of chakra. Placing his hand a foot away from the target (door, wall, structure, obstacle, etc.), the user charges chakra into his air tubes, then releases a concentrated blast of fuuton chakra. This blast can shatter a variety of material but cannot shatter metal or anything of that sort, but concrete and rock have been known to shatter quite easily.
Edited by Mysterious Stranger, Feb 26 2012, 07:46 PM.
Posted Image

Shinobi
Personality
Extra Stuff

Jeff
Member Avatar

The wind was enough of a pressurized force to send the crumbling rocks to blast away as about nine miners stood there on the ground. Their skin was pale from the lack of sunlight and their bodies looked thin from the lack of food that was present in the mine shaft. Four of the men looked fine while two had broken legs, and the other three each had dislocated shoulders or fractures in their arms.

Getting them all out would need to be taken with caution.
Posted Image
Characters

Old Characters

Mysterious Stranger
Member Avatar
[KIRI CO-OOC]
OOC: How long have these guys been down there, a month? These guys are out right famished. Also what kind of elevator is it, a pulley system, I might be able to tie the rope to it and pull it up if that's the case.

Shiv looked at the men and said slowly, "Are any of you operational? I'm no handy man, but do any of you have any idea on how to fix that elevator?"

His impatience was starting to show, he hated this part of the job, the non combat tasks that come with having such a diverse job were very lame some times. Shiv sat down next to the closest worker, all that crawling around all day actually added up, even for a jounin. "Your village is safe by the way, there were some bandits that tried to take over, but they are now all but exterminated"

Shiv tightened a strap on his kit and stood up, the brief rest was all he had time for, these men needed rest and help more than him. "So any thoughts men?"

Edited by Mysterious Stranger, Feb 27 2012, 10:42 PM.
Posted Image

Shinobi
Personality
Extra Stuff

Jeff
Member Avatar

The miners would turn to each other, none of them really capable of fixing the elevator but those that were capable of moving stood up before the ninja as they just stared at him, a few almost bursting in to tears of the relief that their village was now entirely safe. They were there for almost two weeks now and did not really know of anything that was going on, so with a relief like that they just wanted their freedom.

"Sorry we do not have the tools to fix the elevator, but we can make stretchers to lift everyone up. Do you have rope or things like that?" the one miner would ask as his pale, dirty face looked up at the ninja.
Posted Image
Characters

Old Characters

Mysterious Stranger
Member Avatar
[KIRI CO-OOC]
"Sure, yeah there was a bunch of supplies outside the mine just for this very occasion it would seem". Shiv looked behind him at the rope, then toward the miner and said slowly "I've securely tied a rope up there, so we should be good for the rope part. There is a stretcher up there too, is that all you need?"
Posted Image

Shinobi
Personality
Extra Stuff

Jeff
Member Avatar

The tired miners looked at the rope that came down near them. They were really too tired to do anything but they were able to set up the stretcher as they placed a wounded on the bed, yelling up for the ninja to carefully take him up so that no harm was done. Unless the ninja could do something to make this process hurry up, they would be there for a while, each miner wanting their freedom from the darkness and the dampness of the mine.

"Any way to make this go faster ninja?"
Posted Image
Characters

Old Characters

Mysterious Stranger
Member Avatar
[KIRI CO-OOC]
Shiv had made it clear he didn't excel at utility at all, but he actually did have an idea on how to increase the speed at which he got this thing done. With a set of hand seals a surge of energy filled his body. Seemingly in the blink of an eye he had completed another set of seals and another one of himself was standing beside, waiting. In a whisper he quietly said to his clone "Alright lets get this over with, I'm starting to get a bit thirsty".

Shiv stood strong on the top level of the mine, while the clone safely held the miner in the stretcher. With their complimentary speed and skill set it wasn't a problem quickly moving the injured miner up the lift. Once the miner was at the top level Shiv gently placed him comfortably down, there were more to come so he continued.

With this system hopefully they could free every miner in no time. After all they deserved their freedom after this hardship.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger, Mar 10 2012, 02:44 PM.
Posted Image

Shinobi
Personality
Extra Stuff

Jeff
Member Avatar

The devised system and the use of a clone was a brilliant idea for the ninja as the miners were all happy to see themselves free from the horrors of the dark mine as one by one they all went up to the top free. "Thank you so much mr ninja for saving us all and rescuing us from the horrible dwelling which was that mine! Because of you, we can live another day and move on with our own lives!" the leading miner said as he handed the ninja his pay, after walking to his own house of course.

The mission was done.

[PASS]
Posted Image
Characters

Old Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Water Country · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Creative Commons License RPG-D
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.