Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome! If you can read this then that means you haven’t joined our forum yet, but don’t be worried, all you have to do is register to be a part of all this text based RP goodness!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A thought and an apology; Every so often...
Topic Started: Mar 30 2011, 02:17 PM (307 Views)
Vergo Proxy
Member Avatar
Welcome to NSRP, where the rules are made up and the points don't matter.
Every so often, we get swept up in a subject that boils our blood. You can say that to have a good debate, both parties have to remain unemotional and objective, but there are some topics we get so caught up in that we forget a lot of other things and just bull head rush in.

For me, that topic is character control.

Some of you know, some of you don't and some of you don't care, but Verse gets very uppity when the subject of just how in control of your character and ideas you are comes up in discussion. I tend to try and champion the ones that let you exercise more control and demonize those that restrict your control. But today, whilst jogging, I wondered...

Why?

I mean, it's true. Part of roleplaying is being in control of your character's thoughts and actions, but at the same time you're roleplaying within a world. Especially one like Naruto where things are set in stone in many ways and they are immobile. As much as I try to defend many mindsets about this, the inexcusable rule is that your character has to fit into that universe. This universe.

That's not to say you have to wear orange and be loud-mouthed and bitchy, but you have to understand what you're getting into. You can't expect your every idea and whim to suit the world and despite what you may think

It is the job of the moderators to enforce the World as much as the Rules. That is the bottom line and fact. A moderator has every right to tell you that something does not work and tell you to change it and they do not have to explain why. If they do, consider it a gift because in the end, this is the ultimate rule: A moderator can tell you what to do and you do it. Simple.

They usually tend not to and you do have a right to discuss things, but at the end of the day, Moderator > You.

So, I've come to two points with this post and I'ma hit both of them here.

1: I'd like to formally apologize to Zangy. Cause I got a little pissed with him and he didn't deserve it, which reminded me of the above things and made me realize 'Maaan, why so serious Verse?'.

2: And this is important.

This is a call for everyone to remember what the fuck you're doing. This is Naruto. Ideals and dreams are the highest currency in this universe and everything has it's place. Things happen for a reason and you don't just magically gain or develop something overnight. Please, this is a call for you to remember to explain where things come from, why things happen or even just remember to add the extra three paragraphs describing why your character hates Leaves and lives in Konoha.

These aren't polite suggestions. They are codes of behavior and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost.

There are varying degrees of failure. Pray you lesser forms of fail do not cross over into true unbearability. Into my domain.

For if you do...

Posted Image
Characters
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GenGara
Member Avatar
its kind of like erectile dysfunction, except with rp muse.
^Trufax....cept the no hair dye thing D:<
Posted Image
Soji, Takeshi
Theme Of The Insane
Kirimura, HakainTheme Of The Snake
Kitigawa, Tatsuki
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Checkmate
Member Avatar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
Dude, rock on. Thank you. I have to keep this in mind.
Active Characters
Past to Present
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Creative Commons License RPG-D
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.