Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Mugenjo - Infinity Fortress, a discussion forum for all things GetBackers.

GetBackers is a Manga series that began in 1999 by writer Yuya Aoki and artist Rando Ayamine, and ran for 39 volumes until its conclusion in 2007. It has been adapted into a popular Anime series as well as several video games. It takes the simple premise of two teenage boys who work as Retrievers, hired guns who will recover anything that's been stolen from you...for the right price. The story has a deep and complex plot buried underneath it and is an engaging and entertaining series with a little something for everyone.

We hope you will enjoy what our board has to offer, be you a fan of the Manga, the Anime, or a newbie who looks to get into the series for the first time. We look forward to seeing you around!!

--Mugenjo Forum Staff

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Within Heaven's Door; The Solitary Angel
Topic Started: Nov 6 2009, 05:39 AM (323 Views)
Shoryu Magami

Yo, the name's Shoryu Magami (well my real name is James, but I go by Shoryu). I've been a Getbackers fan for a long time, and even though I've yet to actually read the entire manga (due to not being able to read Japanese), I've gained information about the series from various sources, so chances are I know most of the stuff that happens in the later volumes. It's rare to actually find people who appreciate the series, so when I saw this forum I knew it'd be a good idea to join.

I draw manga-style art of my own, and have been working on a very expansive manga story for a long time, which has been going through a lot of information revamps lately as well. One of the reasons GetBackers appealed to me was the fact that it's one of the closest to my own type of work. Anyway, I'm also into metaphysical concepts, philosophy, and mysticism, and I do a lot of research in various other areas, all of which is used and added into my storyline. I'm also into very high level battle tactics, and play chess whenever I get a chance.

Well, I guess that's enough about me for now.

Just so everyone knows, I'm moving house this weekend, and I won't have internet for a while until we get it all set-up again, so don't expect me to be able to make any posts for a little while. Hopefully it won't take too long before I'll be back. I'll see you all when I get back.
Edited by Shoryu Magami, Nov 6 2009, 08:42 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SG2
Member Avatar
GB Manga Whore

Welcome!! Glad to see someone new hoping to breathe some life into this place. ^_^

Shoryu Magami

Yeah, it'd be nice if things got active here. I guess one of the biggest problems is that GetBackers fans who truly appreciate the manga are few and far between, so grouping them all together on a forum (something which would make an awesome forum) is hard to do simply cause we don't all know each other. Still, I'd be happy to help out as much as I can once I'm properly online again. I'm making this post from another computer, but I expect to have my own internet up and running again at the end of this month.

Thanks for the welcome regardless. I'll keep you updated if something about the situation changes, but I expect to be back online completely soon. Once I'm back online I'll be able to post actively on a daily basis. I just don't know if there'll be enough people around to keep the topics alive. Not that numbers actually matter that much; quality over quantity after all. I have my own forum (primarily devoted to freeform roleplaying using the setting of my own manga), and there's very few people there and it's not active, but the roleplay topics are very good quality, in my opinion.

Catch you around soon.

Kane
Member Avatar

Hey, welcome! Sorry we haven't been around really, but we're glad you're here!

Shoryu Magami

Hey there. I'm finally back online again on my own computer, so hopefully people will show up again and then maybe things can get a bit more active. I'll make sure to keep my eyes on the forum and I'll post up some topics once I think of something. I'm going to take the time out soon to finish reading the manga up to what I actually have (I have all 27 volumes that came out in english), but I also plan to get the whole series in japanese and then hopefully find translations. Still, I know a lot about the story even beyond the point I'm up to, so I know a lot that happens in later arcs.

Anyway, on a random point, my favourite characters in GetBackers (at least from what I know of the series, which is a lot) are Ban Mido and MakubeX. The reason is primarily because I really like characters who are 'like me' or characters I 'relate to', so yeah. Both of them are quite a lot like me for different reasons. I'd also say that Kyoji Kagami would be just behind those two, most likely. As far as actual 'parts' in the story which are my favourite, I really like everything I've seen in the series, but I'd say that the Divine Design arc would be my favourite, probably.

So yeah, talk to you all when I see you around.
Edited by Shoryu Magami, Dec 24 2009, 10:39 PM.

Kane
Member Avatar

I'm pretty sure there's a Ban thread and a Makubex thread you could probably make contributions to. That'll probably help get the board more active.

SG2
Member Avatar
GB Manga Whore

I don't know what happened to everyone, honestly. I mean I know what happened to ME, and that PWR kinda flaked on everything once school started...then Kane tagged along with us to IGNO, the only board that didn't die...but all our other members who joined? We had such a good effort at advertising this place, but no one seemed to stick around. :( I really wish I knew how to change that.

In the meantime, though, as Kane said, we have a lot of threads up and you can feel free to make your own. I'm on Christmas break from school now, so if there is activity around, I can try to make myself a little less scarce and do what I can to contribute.

Shoryu Magami

Well I'm around on the forum each day. I just haven't posted because I don't think it'd make much difference to the contribution. I know that if everyone thinks that way, nothing will happen, so someone needs to make a move, and I would love to be that person, but the way I see it if none of the members AT ALL even log on, then it won't mean anything if I post cause no one will actually see it anyway.

Still, a lot of forums just tend to die, unfortunately. Even some of my old RP forums died simply because members got lazy. A lot of people join up one day and seem really into it and have a lot of ideas, then they never log in again. That sort of things hapens a lot. It sucks, but people just lack dedication and staying power, it seems. I like to think I'm different, so I check up on this place daily.

I'm also really busy with working on my stuff for my own story, to the point that I spend hours and hours just organizing through documents on a daily basis, but I've made sure not to let that stop me from at least logging on. I'd like to help finding more members, but as I've pointed out before I don't know many GB fans. The problem is that most of the fans are individuals who don't get together as a group, so it's hard to meet each other.

I am up for ideas on how to help this place, however, so if any of your staff members want to get my MSN or give me your own, I'm happy to throw ideas around. Even though I tend to be really busy, I do most of my work directly on my computer, so chances are you'll run into me when you're online, unless I'm asleep.

Kane
Member Avatar

I'm not on here every day, but for the last couple of weeks I've been dropping by to see if anything new is up.

I'm not as far into GB as a lot of the others are on here, but if you post something new, I'll talk about whatever it is.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Introductions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Chatbox

Affiliates

.Wiredvage Theme created by Zeus00 and converted by Wolt of the ZetaBoards Theme Zone