Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Mugenjo - Infinity Fortress, a discussion forum for all things GetBackers.

GetBackers is a Manga series that began in 1999 by writer Yuya Aoki and artist Rando Ayamine, and ran for 39 volumes until its conclusion in 2007. It has been adapted into a popular Anime series as well as several video games. It takes the simple premise of two teenage boys who work as Retrievers, hired guns who will recover anything that's been stolen from you...for the right price. The story has a deep and complex plot buried underneath it and is an engaging and entertaining series with a little something for everyone.

We hope you will enjoy what our board has to offer, be you a fan of the Manga, the Anime, or a newbie who looks to get into the series for the first time. We look forward to seeing you around!!

--Mugenjo Forum Staff

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
School Stuff
Topic Started: Sep 2 2009, 11:19 AM (220 Views)
SG2
Member Avatar
GB Manga Whore

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn you guys this board is fuckin' dead. And seeing off-topic so utterly devoid of discussion makes me sad. D:

So!! It's back to school time for a lot of us, at least here in the Western hemisphere. Talk about your back to school stuff!! Classes, teachers, your goals for the semester/year, etc. Basically, let's just get a little non-Anime related banter on this board. A relaxed environment where everyone can be themselves may warrant further reason for people to join (or, for those who are members, give reason to stick around/come by more often).

I'll update with mine later. I don't want to copy/paste the same thing I wrote on IGNO/YDB, but I've still only had 3 of my 4 classes so far. I've got the fourth in about an hour, so I'll see what I can toss up either tomorrow or when I get home, depending how lazy I am.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kane
Member Avatar

Well, I'm doing Joint Enrollment this school year. I have Intermediate Spanish I until early October, then Intermediate Spanish II starts late October, ends in December. And I have an Introduction to Film class that ends in December. I should be sending my college applications in this fall, before the scholarship deadline in January.

I'm also taking a high school Physics class, and I hate it. My Physics teacher is my least favorite teacher.

I really like my Spanish teacher. She's really nice and makes the class really fun.

I also like my Film teacher. She's very enthusiastic about her subject, even if she gets us mixed up with her other film classes. ^_^

At the college, I get really annoyed that whenever they have something that would be nice to attend or would be fun, it'd either on the day where I have six hours worth of Spanish and Film (three hours each), with a ten minute opening dedicated to walking between the buildings and thus no time to attend the event, or on a day where I have to be back home with the computer with the good internet so I can do the blasted Physics work. I missed out on the Recreational/Health Wellness event that they had, I know I'm going to miss out on the Club Fair, and I probably won't be able to attend Film Club meetings, even though I really want to.

And this Joint Enrollment is introducing me to a problem that I didn't know I was going to have: money managing. I have no job, and any money I get is given to me by my mother. Buying food in the Student Center to tide me over seemed to be going well, until we realized I was down to 6 dollars when I was given 30 dollars after two/three weeks. Despite telling me it's a problem, my mother wasn't exactly forthcoming with comforting advice.

So . . . . that's my school life right now.

SG2
Member Avatar
GB Manga Whore

So I finally got un-lazy enough to write this up.

deviantART Journal

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · Off-Topic · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Chatbox

Affiliates

.Wiredvage Theme created by Zeus00 and converted by Wolt of the ZetaBoards Theme Zone