Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Mugenjo - Infinity Fortress, a discussion forum for all things GetBackers.

GetBackers is a Manga series that began in 1999 by writer Yuya Aoki and artist Rando Ayamine, and ran for 39 volumes until its conclusion in 2007. It has been adapted into a popular Anime series as well as several video games. It takes the simple premise of two teenage boys who work as Retrievers, hired guns who will recover anything that's been stolen from you...for the right price. The story has a deep and complex plot buried underneath it and is an engaging and entertaining series with a little something for everyone.

We hope you will enjoy what our board has to offer, be you a fan of the Manga, the Anime, or a newbie who looks to get into the series for the first time. We look forward to seeing you around!!

--Mugenjo Forum Staff

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GB Tykes - Planning Thread; What if the GB gang had children?!
Topic Started: Aug 25 2009, 02:34 PM (613 Views)
SG2
Member Avatar
GB Manga Whore

Okay, so as some of you know already, we have a thread discussing what it would be like if the GB gang had children some day.

Well, at first that thread was more focusing on the characters we know and love and how they'd handle being parents...but it's now gotten into the territory of how they would look from the perspective of the child...one thing lead to another, and through some of my classic rambling, I arrived at this:

SG2 on aforementioned thread

Kagami would probably make a fun dad if it weren't for the creepy mysterious factor. Though the kid would probably grow up equally creepy and mysterious, so to him it wouldn't be weird, and he'd have a great dad. But to the other kids his age...that creepy 'I know something you don't know' smile might be frightening.

(Recess)
Little Jimmy (thinking)-Maybe it'll be funny if I put a whoopee cushion on teacher's chair!! Then when we get back to the classroom, it'll look like she farted, and everyone will laugh!! *chuckles to himself*
Kagami Junior-*looks at him* "It would be really funny, but if she found out you did it, you could get in trouble. You should sneak in and do it now while she's having lunch in the teacher's lounge just to be safe." *tee hee*
Little Jimmy-*shocked expression* But...I didn't say that out loud...
Kagami Junior-*thinking* If that's the fate recorded in The Archive, then what will you do, Jimmy-kun...? Avoid it and keep playing on the monkey bars, or risk detention for laughs? Your fate has been decided... *tee hee*

I'm not sure The Archive would have records of things like playground pranks, but assuming it did, Kagami Junior could trick people into thinking he can read minds...and wouldn't that be an awesome toy for a kid to exploit? :P

You know, this would make a hilarious fanfiction. You know how television cliches (or tropes, heh) always seem to have it work out that the main cast of characters all knew each other as kids somehow, right? It'd be like a 'Muppet Babies' scenario, only instead of the GB gang as kids, it's their kids, and they all go to the same elementary school...Ban and Ginji have an adopted kid (they're not an 'official' couple, because not everyone wanting to read a humorous fic is a slash fan...but Juubei and Kazuki are canon Dammit >.>), Shido and Madoka, Kagami and...I dunno, I can't think of anyone to pair Himiko with than Ban, so maybe it is Kagami and Himiko? :P Emishi and Amon, since Shido is with Madoka...they had M-Preg triplets, because that too was a canon joke >.>;; Juubei and Kazuki obviously, and...Akabane is the school nurse >.>;;;

Hevn could be the teacher...I could easily see gradeschool kids having a crush on her >.>;

...OMG, this has to happen. Maybe instead of a fanfiction, we just unwittingly created an epic premise for the first Mugenjo RP O_O

But think about it!! There are a lot of cliche plots that TV shows, especially cartoons, always use...the token 'hotspring episode' is an Anime staple, for instance, or in a western cartoon it might be the 'someone swallowed something so we have to shrink down and go into their body and get it' Fantastic Voyage parody. There's tons of stuff like that where you see the same premise in many Anime, cartoons, or even sitcoms. In fanfiction, a popular route is to take the cast of a large series and put them in a high school setting. Well, this is kinda like that, with two key differences:

-The GB characters themselves aren't going to be age-regressed and put into high school, it'll be their children instead
-It's not high school, but elementary school.

The kids can be ages 6-10 or so, though we'll probably want to pick a general age group so we can stick all or most of them in the same classroom (again - the magic of TV cliches makes this possible). Some of the GB adults who we can't pair off could be given staff roles at the school, like Hevn as the teacher or Akabane as 'school nurse' that I mentioned above.

This won't work unless we get a lot of people playing, though!! Hopefully, this will be a means by which to attract you members who joined and then kinda...didn't do anything since...to stay active here. The best part is that unlike a serious-themed RP, no one needs to know huge epic spoilers from the later story arcs, though the ones who do can use them to their advantage to develop the kids based on knowledge of their parents. Overall, however, just the basic knowledge of the character is necessary. This thread is for brainstorming so we can all work out ideas for what couples to put the parents into (and they may not necessarily be 'official' couples - for instance, as much as some of us like Ban/Gin, some people may not, so we shouldn't make it outright slash...it would be canon enough to say the two still live together (in their car) a few years in the future of the Manga, and take in a runaway or something as their kid), or what general personality the kids should have. Here are some of my thoughts:

Spoiler: click to toggle

Okay...I just created like over 9,000 characters...so if we want to do this, we need to get a lot of people into it. That means bringing our members back, and advertising on a lot of GB RP sites. But I think this would be epicly epic...and it must be done. If not as an RP, then as some sort of collaborative fanfiction (assuming we only get like 3 of us interested), because this idea is too good to ignore. :D
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kane
Member Avatar

What if Himiko took her kid in like Ginji and Ban took theirs in? Lonely kid who needed someone to take care of them? I can see that happening, because of Ban and how her brother took Ban in.

Can I have dibs on Shido and Madoka's kid?

PWR
Member Avatar

Dibs on Kazuki and Juubei's child.. or at least one of them? O___O Lol still working out the plot, right? Waaah! This sounds so cool! I can't wait to start! xD

SG2
Member Avatar
GB Manga Whore

And yes, PWR, this is all about planning. I literally just got hit like a ton of bricks with this idea as I was replying to the other thread, so I obviously haven't done any real planning or worked the bugs out...like 90% of the things I write (forums, stories, doesn't matter), I pretty much just made these ideas up off the top of my head. Ever notice that I often contradict myself, only to call myself on it later? That's because I'm notoriously bad at planning things in advance and usually make shit up as I'm in the process of talking/writing it. It really makes me wonder why people say I'm such a good writer, since my process is about the opposite of what most consider effective writing (IE, lots of planning). >.>;

So yeah, ideas!! Don't just call dibs on characters and go along with what I put in those spoiler tags...that was just my theory on how this would work. You could agree, disagree, or have alternate views on certain aspects - let's talk about all that stuff!! It's no fun if everyone just takes my version and runs with it :(

Kane
Member Avatar

lol, okay, okay.

So . . . we need a gym teacher. Could one of the parents also teach at the school?

SG2
Member Avatar
GB Manga Whore

Possibly, but they'd have to be smart enough to do so...Madoka might make a good music teacher. As I said, Maguruma has to be the bus driver...maybe Hishiki is the gym teacher/coach? :P

Makubex could teach a class via video feed, possibly.

Kane
Member Avatar

OMG, Hishiki as ANYTHING at that school would be hysterical. I can see Ban's and Ginji's faces now.

SG2
Member Avatar
GB Manga Whore

I can't imagine they'd be looking forward to any parent-teacher conferences ^^;

Who else should be on the staff side of things?

Kane
Member Avatar

Well, you mentioned Ren. What about her grandpa, or is he getting too far into "either dead or retired" by this point? Or if we made Natsumi the cafeteria lady and made Ren a teacher of some sort?

SG2
Member Avatar
GB Manga Whore

Well for Ren...I can't really say why because it's a spoiler for the end of I.L., but Ren can't really leave Infinity Fortress. Gen...probably could, but it'd be weird having him involved without bringing Ren into it.

I wish I knew more about that Teshimine guy, though. You've only met him in a cameo, I believe (he's the guy who finds little black-haired Ginji when he's abandoned in Infinity Fortress), but even when he has a major appearance in Vol. 9 he's just kinda...there...like the fourth guy of the Four Emperors, he's had a few cameos in the Kiryuudo arc, but I still know nothing about him. As for the former, he seems like he may have been a fun guy from flashbacks when Ginji was growing up, or at least like he's good with kids. Maybe he's the playground monitor to make sure the kids are safe during recess, but still have fun?

It's hard to pick positions for characters I don't know, but I think those two are going to be really important characters, so it'd be weird to exclude them from the RP altogether...grrrr... >_<

What about Paul? We've got Natsumi (and Rena, who you don't know yet, but think of her as Natsumi #2) on cafeteria duty, but should Paul be there too? We need a principal, and for some reason he's the one who strikes me as the principal guy...he's very mysterious and always seems to know much more than he lets on as 'just a simple shop keeper'. Maybe there's some secret underbelly of the school, just like Infinity Fortress, and he 'knows'? In that case, maybe Gen built the school, heh.

Kane
Member Avatar

Paul would make a pretty cool principal. Just the fact that he owns the Honky Tonk makes that idea awesome. ^_^

Did something happen to Mr. Unstoppable that I just don't remember from the Retrievers vs. Transporters arc, or can he be . . . something or other. Or is Mr. Unstoppable Maguruma?

SG2
Member Avatar
GB Manga Whore

XD that's Maguruma. He's pretty much True Neutral since he reappears in various arcs, sometimes to help the GetBackers, other times to help the bad guy again like in his first appearance. He has to be the bus driver. Just imagine the crazy shit he could do with that thing. Riding on the bus may actually be fun with him.

For some reason I'm mentally trying to think of someone who would be the equivalent to Coach McGuirk from Home Movies. No one's really coming to mind...but a character like that would be truly hilarious... *ponders*

Kane
Member Avatar

I don't know who you're talking about, but I just thought that Clayman could be the art teacher. And it'd be hysterical if Makubex was the teacher who ran the computer lab, especially since he'd be doing it via giant computer screen. :D

SG2
Member Avatar
GB Manga Whore

OMG, I even mentioned a potential Clayman daughter in my OP, but forgot that Clayman herself would be perfect as the art teacher XD And we definitely have to have Makubex do something now, because I can imagine how intrusive it would be for him to be constantly monitoring everything from his computer :P

Kane
Member Avatar

Yes, that would be awesome!

Oh, and think of Career Day! You know, when a parent comes in to tell about what they do for a living? I can see Ban and Ginji now. lol

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GetBackers Roleplay · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Chatbox

Affiliates

.Wiredvage Theme created by Zeus00 and converted by Wolt of the ZetaBoards Theme Zone