Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Mugenjo - Infinity Fortress, a discussion forum for all things GetBackers.

GetBackers is a Manga series that began in 1999 by writer Yuya Aoki and artist Rando Ayamine, and ran for 39 volumes until its conclusion in 2007. It has been adapted into a popular Anime series as well as several video games. It takes the simple premise of two teenage boys who work as Retrievers, hired guns who will recover anything that's been stolen from you...for the right price. The story has a deep and complex plot buried underneath it and is an engaging and entertaining series with a little something for everyone.

We hope you will enjoy what our board has to offer, be you a fan of the Manga, the Anime, or a newbie who looks to get into the series for the first time. We look forward to seeing you around!!

--Mugenjo Forum Staff

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Skins
Topic Started: Aug 9 2009, 09:44 PM (200 Views)
SG2
Member Avatar
GB Manga Whore

So, when we made Mugenjo, me and PWR decided to only start with one skin and see how the board went first, before importing a bunch of skins from my other boards (see affiliates bar under the chatbox) into the place.

Now, not that we've had much activity to warrant adding more skins yet, I'm going to begin slowly adding new skins into the database so users can select the one they like best. The default will remain .Wiredvage, the orange and black one we have now. If you wish to change your skin, find the dropdown box that says 'theme' right above the chatbox and select your favorite. It will stay set as your default every time you log in (even from different computers) until you change it.

On YDB, we're trying to tie in our skin colors to match a Dragonball character that color can be associated with (for instance, green for Piccolo, orange for Gokou, blue for Vegeta, etc). I'm thinking of doing a similar 'character-themed skin' setting here on Mugenjo, as well, and possibly additional 'group shot' images down the line.

For now, there's only one new skin, and as the appropriate first character to start with, it's Ban (Disturbia).

It may seem funny to think about associating a badass like Ban with purple, but think of the symbolisms of the color purple beyond just seeing it as a 'girl color'. Additionally, in the GB Anime, Ban's sunglasses are tinted purple, and his Evil Eye can sometimes be seen as flashing purple when used (bluish-purple since his eyes are blue). Purple is also a very shadowy color, and I think it symbolizes his connections to illusions, snakes, and witchcraft rather well. Take a look at the skin for yourselves and you decide. :D

More skins coming soon!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SG2
Member Avatar
GB Manga Whore

Alright, added a Ginji-themed skin to join Ban-chan. It's called Golden Heaven.

This skin (as noted above the header) is actually a modification by me, as I searched all over for a good yellow/golden-themed skin. First off, Outline (one of the skin zones I use) is down for repairs...and the ZetaBoards theme zone, which was the best place on the web for skins when Invisionfree was still the main server, has very few good ZetaBoards skins besides the ones I've already uploaded elsewhere (TxG, YDB, IGNO).

The only good yellow-themed skin was Yellow Icon Inspired...which has a nice icon set and the black/yellow portions are nice, but...white? I usually hate light skins in general (mainly white/light blue/some combination thereof), but to me the color white does not mix well with an otherwise yellow/black scheme...not to mention, it definitely didn't feel like a 'Ginji' skin as it was.

So I went in and modified the CSS and background images to be golden-yellow instead, and thus, the skin you see available to you now. The skin is, however, otherwise the same - same icons, same background images (except the white ones I recolored yellow), same code. The credit still goes to Leda and Wolt for making the original theme, all I did was revise the color scheme (and make the banner obviously, though even that was based on their default). So don't credit me for making this skin. ^^;

Still, I'm rather pleased with the result and think it blends together great with the image set. I hope you all, especially Ginji fans, will enjoy this skin!!

Edit: Usually, my favorite way to return to the board index is to click on the banner, which also acts as a link. Since the banner for Golden Heavens is embedded within the CSS instead, the normal banner slot was left empty, and so clicking on the banner area will do nothing...to fix this, I added a little sprite animation of Ban and Ginji in their car in place of where the banner would normally be situated. I think it's cute, and since it's only two frames, it's not particularly elaborate or distracting, so it should be fine. So, to return to the board index, click on the Subaru 360!!
Edited by SG2, Aug 12 2009, 07:35 PM.

SG2
Member Avatar
GB Manga Whore

Is it obvious how bored I am?

I actually wasn't intending to upload anything new, I was just browsing some skins...and when I saw Café Eclectic, my first thought was it would be great for the Shido theme. It's got a very earthy, Africanesque color scheme, and I think it fits our Mariudo warrior nicely. I just tossed together a quick banner, and voila!! Instant Shido.

Hope all you Shido fans like this one, and even if you're not big on Shido, it's a nice balanced color scheme if you're not partial to the otherwise extreme dark or extreme light skins (Golden Heavens is pretty blinding) in the database.

The only thing is that the chatbox doesn't blend very nicely with it...

Edit: Another new one, because I also found this yesterday but didn't have time to make a banner/find buttons (it didn't come with a set) for it last night. I think Akabane fans will agree that there couldn't be a more perfect skin to suit the smiley psychopath...and I even specifically used his Chibi pic in the banner with an ominous red drop-shadow as if to say 'not as harmless as he looks' ^^; Hope you guys like it!!
Edited by SG2, Aug 15 2009, 05:24 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · News and Updates · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Chatbox

Affiliates

.Wiredvage Theme created by Zeus00 and converted by Wolt of the ZetaBoards Theme Zone