Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Mugenjo - Infinity Fortress, a discussion forum for all things GetBackers.

GetBackers is a Manga series that began in 1999 by writer Yuya Aoki and artist Rando Ayamine, and ran for 39 volumes until its conclusion in 2007. It has been adapted into a popular Anime series as well as several video games. It takes the simple premise of two teenage boys who work as Retrievers, hired guns who will recover anything that's been stolen from you...for the right price. The story has a deep and complex plot buried underneath it and is an engaging and entertaining series with a little something for everyone.

We hope you will enjoy what our board has to offer, be you a fan of the Manga, the Anime, or a newbie who looks to get into the series for the first time. We look forward to seeing you around!!

--Mugenjo Forum Staff

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
I.L. Arc
Topic Started: Jul 17 2009, 12:57 AM (664 Views)
SG2
Member Avatar
GB Manga Whore

Discuss the sixth story arc, Return to Infinity Fortress!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kane
Member Avatar

Infinity Fortress is home to a lot of sick people. It's incredible Ginji, Shido, and Kazuki seem so normal (lol, normal? Kazuki?). But those Magami brothers? Eugh.

Spoiler: click to toggle

SG2
Member Avatar
GB Manga Whore

Kane
Aug 15 2009, 09:36 AM
Holy crap, I said the exact same thing in the Kazuki thread I just posted O_O But you should read the next chapter before you reply to that thread, since it's the first time Kazuki really shows off his skills.

Anyways, yeah. It helps when you know the nature of Infinity Fortress is pretty much a haven for the most depraved people in Shinjuku...and it only gets worse when you realize this is just Lower Town. The inhabitants of the Beltline (though it's yet to be shown, it's mentioned a lot) are apparently even worse and are practically immortal monsters the way they're described (like Jackal...? That's not a spoiler I have nothing to base that on, by the way, it's just an ominous thought :P )...a lot of Ginji's flashbacks show that before he was the Lightning Lord he was just a cute little boy the same as the Ginji we know now (but with black hair), and never wanted to fight...kinda Gohan-ish, really (especially when the Lightning Lord looks like SSJ2 >.>; ), but he's always told that 'it's kill or be killed here' and whatnot. I think it's meant to be a personification of Hell, personally - Lower Town being Hell, the Beltline being Purgatory, and Babylon City being Heaven. That's all conjecture, mind you, but there's a lot of Christian symbolism in GB (was Aoki-Sensei Christian, maybe?), so it's possible.

It doesn't really get worse as far as 'sick' (Ayame is the worst) goes, though. More depraved and insane...though you probably won't feel sympathetic to Makubex for a while with the stuff he's going to start doing in like, a chapter or two from where you are. Once he starts sending his main henchman after the gang, there's quite a bit of betrayal going around...and the 'Judas' motif is repeated ad nauseum until pretty much Vol. 10 when the arc is over, which is pretty annoying, but reinforces the whole 'betrayal' aspect.

So, what else do you think of the I.L. arc so far?

Kane
Member Avatar

Finished Vol. 6!

SG2
Member Avatar
GB Manga Whore

Kane
Member Avatar

lol, I used to scorn het, too. I'm okay with it nowadays, but it's not something I hunt for on fanfiction.net or deviantART.

SG2
Member Avatar
GB Manga Whore

Same here. I'm just not going to run screaming from the room if, God forbid, someone decides to pair a male with a female instead of another male. :P

So, you're about 1/3 through the I.L. arc now. Thoughts so far?

Kane
Member Avatar

I haven't had time to read the next half of chapter 49. My parents kicked me off before I could finish it.

But it's really, really interesting. I'm actually really looking forward to seeing more of Juubei. And Emishi, but Juubei more. ^_^

SG2
Member Avatar
GB Manga Whore

Haha, your wish will come true. You actually see a lot of scenes with Juubei talking to Makubex, whereas Emishi is pretty quiet after he leaves, until the next big fight with him. Juubei has little scenes interspersed throughout the arc, mostly showing him deep in thought over attacking his lover best friend. :P

Edit: Dur hur hur, I forgot a rather important appearance of Juubei more than just talking to Makubex is coming right up for you - within just a few chapters, actually (as of this edit, you're through 51, and this is in 53). ^^;

But now that they all know I.L. is actually underground and they've been going the wrong way, the real fun is only just beginning. You'll be learning more not just about the characters, but also about Infinity Fortress itself, very soon.
Edited by SG2, Aug 18 2009, 08:25 PM.

Kane
Member Avatar

Finished chapter 51.

SG2
Member Avatar
GB Manga Whore

Kane
Member Avatar

SG2
Member Avatar
GB Manga Whore

Kane
Member Avatar

Just read chapter 56.

lol, Akabane and Ginji crack me up.

SG2
Member Avatar
GB Manga Whore

Kane
Aug 22 2009, 05:18 AM
lol, Akabane and Ginji crack me up.
Yes XD their interactions are always priceless. It's really hard to take it seriously when they're together, even when Ginji goes off on him about killing...because it's only a matter of time before he reverts to Droopy Mode again ^^;

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Manga Version · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Chatbox

Affiliates

.Wiredvage Theme created by Zeus00 and converted by Wolt of the ZetaBoards Theme Zone