Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to MetalKid's Gaming Resources. The main focus at this point is Pokemon and MKPP. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bred Pokemon IVs
Topic Started: Sat May 1 9:10:15 GMT 2010 (897 Views)
chris_cobi
No Avatar
[ * ]
I made this thread to get a little bit more of activity on these boards. This thread is made to brag or share your Pokemon stats/plans, and possibly have people help you with your plans. I'll start off by posting a few of the ones I just worked on and some of my plans:

Nature: Jolly
Ability: Pressure

IVs-
HP: 20
Att: 31
Def: 27
Sp. A: 26
Sp. D: 21
Speed: 31

Hidden Power: Grass 49

EVs-
252 Attack
252 Speed
6 HP

Moves-
Ice Shard
Night Slash
Low Kick/Brick Break
Swords Dance

That's my Weavile I just bred. I'm currently EV training it. It's not one of my greatest Pokemon so I didn't really concentrate on having near perfect IVs on it. I'll still debating on whether I should have Low Kick or Brick Break on it. Low Kick is much more effective on Ubers, which is what I'm planning on using it for.

Nature: Timid
Ability: Pressure

IVs-
HP: 26
Att: 5-6
Def: 20
Sp. Att: 30
Sp. Def: 21
Speed: 30

EVs:
252 Speed
224 HP
34 Special Attack

Moves:
Calm Mind
Substitute
Aura Sphere
Ice Beam

This is my Calm Mind/Substitute Mewtwo. I gave it those EVs so it can make a 101HP Substitute so it can have a chance at beating Blisseys. I'm a bit undecided on the last attack, but most likely will be Ice Beam. I wanted to go for the 31 IV on Speed, but couldn't pass up 30/30 on Special Attack/Speed. Plus the defensive stats are pretty good too, so I kept this one.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Adon
Member Avatar
Cadet
[ *  * ]
As I understand it, Low Kick is generally better all-round, as the majority of pokemon are over 50kg/110lb, which gets Low Kick 80 Base Power. So I would stick with Low Kick anyway. I haven't played Ubers before, but I'm not sure how effective a Fighting Type move would really be. Very few Ubers are weak to Fighting (I know of Darkrai and Dialga...am I missing any?). I suppose it would be worth keeping just for them though.

That's quite a nice Mewtwo you have, and I guess the set works. As I said, I haven't played Ubers, but isn't it unusual to have no STAB moves? If you manage to get one or two CMs, it probably won't make much difference, and the surprise factor could work in your favour...your choice.

Now, my Bred pokemon...I'll list them in order, I suppose.
Salamence: Modest 28 / 30 / 31 / 28 / 15 / 26
Dusknoir: Careful 28 / 31 / 31 / 2 / 29 / 27
Breloom: Adamant 30 / 30 / 27 / 5 / 31 / 31
Empoleon: Modest 31 / 10 / 31 / 30 / 29 / 26
Weavile: Jolly 28 / 31 / 29 / 7 / 30 / 31
Gengar: Timid, 31 / 13 / 29 / 31 / 31 / 31
Yeah, not bred too many, and the latest pokemon I've obtained have been through RNG(not listed them here). I started breeding Cyndaquils a few weeks ago, but decided to stop for the duration of upcoming exams.

chris_cobi
No Avatar
[ * ]
Thanks Adon for the advice on Low Kick. I was leaning more towards that move. The reason I don't put Psychic on Mewtwo is that it just doesn't really need it. It's like you mentioned before, how many Pokemon are really weak to Psychic? Not many if any in Ubers. But then there are a lot that resist it, Scizor: Metagross, Lati@s, Dialga, Darkrai, Celebi, Weavile, Mew, Mewtwo, etc. So I believe it's a bad attacking Type, I would rather go for coverage on my moves. I can use this Mewtwo as Calm Mind/3 Moves for type coverage, too. Give it either Thunder or Fire Blast.

Here are some of my bred Pokemon that you have:

Salamence - Jolly - Dragon Dancer
HP - 24-25
Attack - 30
Defense - 28-29
Special Attack - 22-23
Special Defense - 31
Speed - 31

I lost this when my little sister lost my Platinum, :(. I also lost a few other good Pokemon. I do have a very nasty Chomp though, it's IVs are near perfect. Something like 31/31/28/20/25/31, I had recorded in my computer, but that broke down too and lost that info. and other Pokemon info. I had bred too. I do remember that they were near perfect though, maybe even better then the ones I posted.

Dusknoir - Calm - R. Spin Blocker
HP: 31
Att: 17
Def: 31
Sp. Att: 16-18
Sp. Def: 19
Speed: 20

Pokemon: Breloom
Nature: Impish
Ability: Poison Heal

IVs-
HP: 30-31
Att: 30-31
Def: 25-29
Sp. A.: 4-14
Sp. D.: 31
Speed: 3-7

Moves:
Spore
Substitute
Focus Punch
Leech Seed

EVs-
HP: 252
Def: 252
Sp. D: 6

I have a couple of Empoleon. One is an Agility, Hidden Power (forgot the type at this moment, LOL). The other is a Wall/Roar. I have wanted to built a Gengar, just have never really gotten around to it.
Edited by chris_cobi, Sat May 1 11:40:11 GMT 2010.

Zach4211
No Avatar
[ * ]
Personally, i would go with brick break just because of the lack of super effective using fighting and the possiblities of light screen and reflect (or w/e its called), having a screen up can be a huge pain in the butt to overcome, especially if the pkmn ur fight has a high def/sdef

HyperIce
Member Avatar
Cadet
[ *  * ]
Thunder/Fire Blasts, are the inaccurate moves really more popular in ou? I don't really pay attention to smogoneers, but I would think that if a move can miss, it' not good enough. Maybe that's just the wowtalk pouring thorugh (+hit > everything) but whatever. Pray you don't miss =/
Posted ImageBefore you insult somebody, walk a mile in their shoes. Therefore, when you do insult them, you are a mile away and you have their shoes.

chris_cobi
No Avatar
[ * ]
So I mentioned how I found my Platinum, thank God. So when I did I returned the one I have bought, but had not touched in the two weeks that I had it. :-/ I was lucky enough where the prize of a used HeartGold was the same prize as the Platinum, so I just did an exchange. I got even more lucky because the HeartGold has a few Shiny Pokemon.

Here is where the starts, it has a Shiny Latias. I want to use it in Gamebattles.com but don't want to get a lot of complains when I beat my opponents because I have a Shiny Latias. I believe it's not hacked because I has an Adamant Nature and an IV of 5 for Defense. Here are it's IVs:

Nature: Adamant
HP: 20-21
Att: 23-24
Def: 5
Sp. A:30-31
Sp. D: 30-31
Speed: 23-24

The main thing I noticed is that it is a 10th Anniversary Pokemon. The ID No. is 00010. Does anyone have a 10th Anniversary Pokemon where they could compare the ID No. Or a way of telling whether this Latias is Legit or not?

HyperIce
Member Avatar
Cadet
[ *  * ]
My 10ANIV Celebi is also 00010, odds are, if the iv's are nice and scrambled, that it is legit and just cloned, since 10ANIV pokemon are among the hardest to come by at any rate, but without any way to actually check it outside the testing devices used at vgc's, I don't think you should consider taking it into sanctioned competition.
Posted ImageBefore you insult somebody, walk a mile in their shoes. Therefore, when you do insult them, you are a mile away and you have their shoes.

Gbrew
No Avatar
[ * ]
I was breeding with an Apiom and Shiftry and luckliy got a Apiom with 31 Atk and Speed! sooooooo happy!

HP: 23
Atk: 31
Def: 8
Sp.Atk: 16
Sp.Def: 12
Speed: 31

Also is a Naive Nature, so the speed is amazing! Ev raised with 252 evs in speed, so its pretty amazing. Only problem is that if I dont kill the opponent now as an Abiompom ( spelling? ) I basically die, haha. good thing for Fake Out and Technican.

ParasiticInsect
Member Avatar
[ * ]
HyperIce
Sun May 9 23:41:58 GMT 2010
Thunder/Fire Blasts, are the inaccurate moves really more popular in ou? I don't really pay attention to smogoneers, but I would think that if a move can miss, it' not good enough. Maybe that's just the wowtalk pouring thorugh (+hit > everything) but whatever. Pray you don't miss =/
Well, Focus Blast has always been a popular move even with low accuracy. However in argument, Focus Blast is a much different move because it is one of the few special-based fighting moves, while Thunder/Fire Blast are just more powerful versions of Thunderbolt/Flamethrower. Still the higher powered moves are good to run on Pokemon who don't get STAB from it, so they can earn enough power to do some damage, especially on defensive pokemon who can take a hit should the attack actually miss.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply