Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to MetalKid's Gaming Resources. The main focus at this point is Pokemon and MKPP. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Calculating IV's with unknown EV's; StarCalc Ultimate Pokémon Calculator
Topic Started: Sun Dec 28 17:46:26 GMT 2008 (689 Views)
StarBP
No Avatar
StarCalc Creator
[ * ]
StarCalc Ultimate Pokémon Calculator

Note: link at bottom or here. This calculator's interface is similar to that of Metalkid's, but with a few differences which are described below.

System Requirements
-----------------------
Microsoft Excel 2003 or later (StarCalc should work with OpenOffice.org, correct me it I'm wrong).

History
--------
2.2.1: 11/15/2008: Fixed two bugs: one that prevented Speed IV's and stats from being calculated correctly, and one in the StatCalc that caused natures to multiply by random Pokémon base stats (usually around 60) instead of a proper number for natures.
2.2: 09/28/2008: Fixed a major bug in the lookup tables.
2.1: 09/21/2008: Added Next Helpful Level, customizable Bold Stats settings, and the Clear All macro.
2.0: 09/06/2008: Totally redid the innards of my system from scratch. This version fixes the bug that prevented the IV's for stats with natures from being calculated correctly, and it organizes the hidden areas to make it easier to add future updates.
1.2: 09/03/2008: Added color and borders.
1.1: 08/31/2008: Added StatCalc, which shows the stats for every level given a set of IV's and EV's. Also added a Totals column in the Results, which shows the total IV's and EV's.
1.0: 08/30/2008: First release. Contains IV/EV calculator and lookup tables.

Introduction
-------------
Have you ever received a Pokémon whose owner claimed had high IV's and was not EV trained, but turned out to be worthless with high EV's? Have you ever wondered what the IV's of your prized Level 90 Salamence are, only to find out that you lost the paper that you wrote your EV training on? Have you ever wanted an easy way to check both the IV's and the EV's of a Pokémon at once? Well, here is the calculator for you! It can calculate the IV's of up to 10 Pokémon at once with close to the accuracy of Metalkid's MKPP 4.0 (minus Characteristics and Hidden Power). In addition, unlike Metalkid's calculator, mine can figure out the IV's when the EV's are unknown, and mine can even figure out the EV's by using a simple subtraction algorithm.

Directions
-----------
Would it bother you to read the wonderfully-written Readme file that I made for this purpose?

Coming Soon
--------------
Level-100 IV-EV Calc, which is a lite version specially made for Level 100 Pokémon, whose IV's can sometimes be difficult to calculate on the stat whose nature negatively affects it.

Breeder Multi-Calc, which has 10 level entries for each Pokémon. Only IV's are calculated; EV's are assumed to be 0. The Levels are automatically 1-10. The listings go down the sheet, so literally hundreds of Pokémon's IV's can be calculated at a time with this.

IV Formatter, which displays the IV's in a format similar to this: 0/3/27/12-13/4/19.

EV Formatter, which displays the EV's in a format similar to this: 252-255 Atk/4-7 Def/252-255 Sp Atk

Hidden Power Calculator, which calculates the type and power of Hidden Power when the exact IV's are known.

Breeding Probability Calculator, a powerful tool for calculating the probability of certain minimum IV's given the mother's and father's IV's.

Implementation of Characteristics and Hidden Power Type in the IV-EV Calculator, which improves calculation precision.

Compensation for Accidental Evolution and Effort Training

Standalone Program (a Java executable)

Online Java Applet

StarCalc for TI-83/84 series graphing calculators

Known Bugs
-------------
None at the moment. Let's hope it stays that way.

Final Notes
------------
Please report any bugs in my calculator using this thread, or e-mail me at starcalc@gmail.com. Give me a THOROUGH explanation of what you were doing, the specific stats that you entered, and the specific results you got. Also, any ideas on how I could improve my calculator (added functionality for instance) would be appreciated.

Website
--------
Here is the link to StarCalc: StarCalc Home

Special Thanks
---------------------
Special thanks to Metalkid for suggesting changes to the GUI. Extra-special thanks to Waiting for Seedot and Azn Psycho (GameSpot Forums) for the bug reports which made the corrections possible.
Edited by StarBP, Mon Dec 29 11:58:22 GMT 2008.
Creator of StarCalc Ultimate Pokémon Calculator!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MetalKid
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  * ]
"with the accuracy of Metalkid's MKPP 4.0."

Comming Soon:
Implementation of Characteristics and Hidden Power Type in the IV-EV Calculator, which improves calculation precision.
Also, Hidden Power Type is not used to further improve precision.

Thus, it is NOT as accurate as mine yet.

FYI: I do know what Accidental Evolution is, but allowing that online is going to make the page take longer to load than I want. It is already pretty big.
Edited by MetalKid, Mon Dec 29 11:30:25 GMT 2008.
MetalKid's Pokemon Program v4.00 - http://www.metalkid.info
MetalKid's Pokemon Program v5.00 - Work In Progress

StarBP
No Avatar
StarCalc Creator
[ * ]
MetalKid
Mon Dec 29 11:30:08 GMT 2008
"with the accuracy of Metalkid's MKPP 4.0."

Comming Soon:
Also, Hidden Power Type is not used to further improve precision.

Thus, it is NOT as accurate as mine yet.

FYI: I do know what Accidental Evolution is, but allowing that online is going to make the page take longer to load than I want. It is already pretty big.
This was corrected, but probably not in the way you had hoped it would be corrected. :D

MetalKid
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  * ]
Heh, its all good! :)

MetalKid
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  * ]
So you tell people to use EV Reducing berries? That is the same as knowing your EVs are 0 afterwards, and will end up with the same results as my calculator...? Or is it just information to the user as to about how many EVs that Pokemon should have for each stat?

Anyway, I found a bug with your StarCalc, although it pretty insignificant. Thus, I tried one where I had 252 EVs used in 2 stats at level 100, and the Min EV came back with an error. The data I used was:

Salamence : Bashful
309 276 191 317 179 299

Also, when I provide the actual stats for your calc (this is version 2.2.1), it does not calculate the SpA or Speed correctly. It says it is invalid for EVs of HP: 6, SpA: 252, Speed: 252. My calc says

Salamence - #373 (Bashful)
HP: 8
Att: 1
Def: 26
SpA: 29
SpD: 14
Speed: 31

Bashful #373 Salamence: 8 / 1 / 26 / 29 / 14 / 31

Hidden Power Type is 'Ghost'. Hidden Power Power is 57.
Edited by MetalKid, Tue Dec 30 11:47:17 GMT 2008.

StarBP
No Avatar
StarCalc Creator
[ * ]
MetalKid
Tue Dec 30 11:10:52 GMT 2008
So you tell people to use EV Reducing berries? That is the same as knowing your EVs are 0 afterwards, and will end up with the same results as my calculator...? Or is it just information to the user as to about how many EVs that Pokemon should have for each stat?

Anyway, I found a bug with your StarCalc, although it pretty insignificant. Thus, I tried one where I had 252 EVs used in 2 stats at level 100, and the Min EV came back with an error. The data I used was:

309 276 191 317 179 299

Also, when I provide the actual stats for your calc (this is version 2.2.1), it does not calculate the SpA or Speed correctly. It says it is invalid for EVs of HP: 6, SpA: 252, Speed: 252. My calc says

Quote:

It does both of those!

Quote:

309 276 191 317 179 299

Simple: You didn't enter the stats with berries. I know of a way to correct that, though. Expect a correction by the end of tomorrow.

MetalKid
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  * ]
It does both of what?

StarBP
No Avatar
StarCalc Creator
[ * ]
MetalKid
Tue Dec 30 18:52:37 GMT 2008
It does both of what?
The berry fields both set the standard (0 EV) for calculating the IV's, AND serve as a way to calculate the EV's using the simple subtraction algorithm.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Advertising · Next Topic »
Add Reply