Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Project Rising Beetle - Spread wings and fly!
Topic Started: Jun 25 2011, 10:06 PM (2,028 Views)
Takao
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Operation Rising Beetle is a fan-run initiative I propose we, the Medabots fan community run to promote Medabots. It would consist of fan art, petitions, mailing campaigns, web videos, and posts around the internet in an attempt to create awareness for fan demand of Medabots merchandise (including game localizations). The campaign would ultimately conclude on September 1, 2011 as we celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Medabots in North America. On that day, dubbed National Robattle Day we'd encourage readers and fans to get the word "Medabots" trending on Twitter by promoting people to recall what Medabots means to them. As well, as companies rather have money than just our words, I'd say we should advertise Amazon.com's streaming of the anime series. With the ultimate goal to get episode 1 of the anime "Stung by a Metabee" into the top 10 streaming series (as it stands, episode 1 is at 48, 715).

It seems impossible, but I believe we can do it.
Edited by Takao, Jul 27 2011, 11:25 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

powerrave
Member Avatar

O_O

It's great to want to see Medabots becoming world wide again... But that is also what ultimately killed it in the first place because they did to much of it and made it a hype. And that also counts for Europe, where I live.

Takao
Member Avatar

Yes, I very much am aware that over-saturation is what ended up killing the franchise in many regions of the world (including Japan). However, Medabots has been absent for so long that a return at this point feels very natural. But the thing is, we need to tell those in power that we want Medabots, which is where Operation Rising Beetle comes into play.

powerrave
Member Avatar

Yeah great, but what will (including us 2) 4 people be able to do to get thousands... And I'm pretty much a lazy bastard.

Also, I don't have Twitter and sure as hell don't plan on getting it.

Takao
Member Avatar

Haha, I have Twitter, and wouldn't mind keeping care of the central feed for Rising Beetle.

As it stands, I'm currently working on a snail-mail letter we could get people (which we'd round up via Twitter, Youtube, and Facebook) to send into companies like Natsume.

As for what 4 people can do, we'll never find out unless we try.
Edited by Takao, Jun 25 2011, 11:33 PM.

powerrave
Member Avatar

:/
You seem to know the plan. I forget it as I read it. I'll see what happens. I have a Facebook and Youtube account... ... Actually, I have 5 Facebook accounts...

Takao
Member Avatar

Haha, I know the plan because I'm the one creating it! Sorry I didn't explain it clearer, hopefully as things start to fall into place I'll be able to communicate my ambitions in a more straight forward manner.

powerrave
Member Avatar

Yes... Plus that I have the memory of a dead goldfish with amnisia that was run over my a landrover.

Takao
Member Avatar

I'm thinking phase one should consist of a campaign to ask for a localization of Medarot DS (or a promise for Medarot 3D if the DS is no longer a viable platform). We'd advertise this by having signatures on other forums linking back to a forum post here, where readers can be directed to this online petition (which never work), forum posts on websites of localization companies (such as this, this, and this) to show them support, and a mail in (as well as Twitter, and Facebook flood) campaign to Natsume.

On the week of National Robattle Day (which should maybe be changed to "World Robattle Day") we'd print the online petition signatures, and send it to Natsume ourselves with a home made 10th Anniversary Medabots card.

Takao
Member Avatar

The letter is done:

Posted Image

EDIT: Hmm, the forum scales down images... Well, to see it full size click here.
Edited by Takao, Jun 26 2011, 01:32 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Medabots General · Next Topic »
Add Reply