Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Macleans College Anime Club! We hope you enjoy your visit.

This is the forums for the Anime Club of Macleans College. We meet weekly. Right now you're viewing the forums as a guest. If you want to make replies to posts and gain access to any other features, you will need to make an account. Registration is extremely fast and easy.

Join our community now!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Manga Readers
Topic Started: May 17 2011, 06:25 PM (1,122 Views)
ImperialX
Member Avatar

The nice thing about manga is that it takes such little time to get through a new chapter, but it takes a lot of effort compared to anime if you're reading more than a few chapters let alone a whole series. Manga, unlike anime, require you to manually go to the page by clciking. This can be somewhat of a pain when you're reading for prolonged periods of time. Unless you buy the real books, of course.

I solve my problem by reading it on a Kindle. We all know Kindle and its magical E-Ink technology that makes the screen seem like real paper. With a kindle, it's just as easy to turn the page as a real book, and it doesn't hurt my eyes either since the display isn't backlit - just like a real book.

Posted Image

So what do you guys use to read your manga? An iPad? A program on your computer? Or do you just read them online (bearing the pain of scrolling down and clicking for every page).
Posted Image
FB | Twitter | Blog | YouTube | MAL | ask.fm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CaptRex
Member Avatar
Retired MCAC Leader

My iPad, a sheet of manga fits nicely to the screen of the iPad. Well there's a LITTLE bit of scrolling but it's alright. And all you do is hit the screen (anywhere) to go to the next page. Yea so iPad+Manga=Perfection.
However.......I wish my one had 3G.....can't read manga on the go (without downloading before I go out)
Posted ImageTry...do not try, do or do not.MAL l FB l Twitter l Blog

ImperialX
Member Avatar

CaptRex
May 17 2011, 06:43 PM
My iPad, a sheet of manga fits nicely to the screen of the iPad. Well there's a LITTLE bit of scrolling but it's alright. And all you do is hit the screen (anywhere) to go to the next page. Yea so iPad+Manga=Perfection.
However.......I wish my one had 3G.....can't read manga on the go (without downloading before I go out)
Really? I didn't have to scroll when I was using the iPad (before I got the Kindle). Are you using GoodReader? That's the way to go.

I ended up getting a Kindle because the iPad, just like a computer, has a backlit display so it kills my eyes when I read for too long. It doesn't do well for my sleep either.
Posted Image

Ryhzuo
Member Avatar

Why would you use a Kindle over an iPad 2?
Twitter / Blog / Other Blog / MyAnimeList
Perpetually bored.

ImperialX
Member Avatar

Ryhzuo
May 17 2011, 07:10 PM
Why would you use a Kindle over an iPad 2?
Because the Kindle is exactly like a real book - it doesn't kill my eyes if I read it for 10 hours. The iPad 2 does.

The iPad 2 is good for a lot of things. I use it for a lot of things. However, reading books is not one of those. The Kindle was designed for that one purpose and it does it well with the E-Paper display.
Posted Image

Tsurugikarasu
Member Avatar

Reading from computer isn't that bad. (depending on the user). It's just not as efficient i guess. If you download and read it, the only problem you face is probably organizing it. If it's just a matter of reading online. It's not as smooth to read it however, it works fine. For portability, i just sync the manga onto my ipod and read it from photos. it's easy to use.I don't get how you guys are using Good reader though. It seems more problematic.

midgemage
Member Avatar
Retired MCAC Leader

I just read online from my computer. The clicking and scrolling is okay for me, though two-page spreads are a little annoying.

I did find the jerkiness when scrolling down a page distracting and irritating for reading manga (because it makes my eyes feel weird), but I got SmoothScroll as soon as I migrated to Chrome and now it's not a problem.

I'd love to be able to flick pages by hand, though... can't afford it. XD
Posted Image
Beyond the Gate, anything can happen...

Z3phyra
Member Avatar

Read using the net lolz, i jus cant b bothered 2 download the stuff. I only dwnload when i start a manga which has been ongoing for a time and have like 50+ chapters. 2 read those, i use Sequntial Image Display

CaptRex
Member Avatar
Retired MCAC Leader

ImperialX
May 17 2011, 06:45 PM
CaptRex
May 17 2011, 06:43 PM
Really? I didn't have to scroll when I was using the iPad (before I got the Kindle). Are you using GoodReader? That's the way to go.

I ended up getting a Kindle because the iPad, just like a computer, has a backlit display so it kills my eyes when I read for too long. It doesn't do well for my sleep either.
Um I only use GoodReader IF I downloaded the manga. In my case I read it straight from the internet that's why it sucks when there's no wifi....
Posted ImageTry...do not try, do or do not.MAL l FB l Twitter l Blog

Vivian
Member Avatar

haha my sister bought a Kindle :D i wanted to read manga on it so she got Ling to ask Ming how to do it LOL

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Music Box

SHOUTBOX

Archive Shoutbox

Shout Till Hearts Content~!