Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Grand Theft Auto parody on loose change?
Topic Started: Mar 2 2008, 08:15 AM (2,842 Views)
polopolo

Hello all,

In the upcomming Grand Theft Auto IV, there's a radio station called "WKTT".
wich is named as "We Know The Thruth", this radio station talks about the war on terror.
The game plays on the year 2007/2008, and loose change is still known in that year(s).

Is this a parody on it?

Edited by polopolo, Mar 2 2008, 08:15 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JFK
Member Avatar

It appears to be affiliated with the game.

http://whois.domaintools.com/wkttradio.com

http://www.aboutus.org/Wkttradio.com

http://www.aboutus.org/RockStarGames.com

Perhaps they want some free input for the storyline ?

Or it could be a rather pathetic attempt at entrapment for thought crimes, looking at the location of their primary server. < where is that tinfoil smiley ? >

Lin Kuei
Member Avatar

Grand Theft Auto is a disgusting game... don't forget also in GTA San Andreas there was a character called "The Truth" who was a drug pushing, paranoid relic from the 60s who always spoke of the govt and mind control...

We have to remember these games are a product of millions of dollars and large corporate interests, and are mass marketed to a certain age, no doubt the younger generation - minds to be molded.... (which goes without saying).. the overall message in GTA from all angles - including the talkback radio stations - is that the public are stupid animals who do not deserve the right to life...

Agent

Lin Kuei
Mar 2 2008, 12:17 PM
Grand Theft Auto is a disgusting game... don't forget also in GTA San Andreas there was a character called "The Truth" who was a drug pushing, paranoid relic from the 60s who always spoke of the govt and mind control...

We have to remember these games are a product of millions of dollars and large corporate interests, and are mass marketed to a certain age, no doubt the younger generation - minds to be molded.... (which goes without saying).. the overall message in GTA from all angles - including the talkback radio stations - is that the public are stupid animals who do not deserve the right to life...
aaaa burning massive amounts of "drugs" for TRUTH

what a fun mission

:grin:

what you say is true tho lolol gta = mind fucking kids to make them not give a damn

stopsnitchin
Member Avatar

In Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, on the public radio station, i believe it's called VCPR, they ahve a show called "The New World Order" and the slogan for it is "Always trust your govenrment and you can be a part of the new world order". There's a few other similar things said on that station. I havent played the game in about a year tho so i dont remember eveyrthing...

stopsnitchin
Member Avatar

BTW on those things if you actually call the number there's a change they will use your recording on the game, somebody should call in...

lighted

I play video games and my mind is clean. KONAMI, UbiSoft, RockStar, Nintendo, Square/SquareSoft/SquareEnix, namco, midway, touchstone, koei, sony, most of all the game companies are great. I honestly have never noticed any of the games promoting the New World Order, they do just the Opposite and promote nationalism and sometimes anarchy with anti-nwo messages.

Besides, the Japanese hate the New World Order ever since we bombed Nagasaki and Hiroshima. The cancer rate is higher in those areas because the bombs tainted the water.
Edited by lighted, Jan 12 2009, 10:35 PM.

lighted

Agent
Mar 2 2008, 01:43 PM
Lin Kuei

aaaa burning massive amounts of "drugs" for TRUTH

what a fun mission

:grin:

what you say is true tho lolol gta = mind fucking kids to make them not give a damn
Actually, some drugs are safe, However I advise against Cocaine, Crack, Meth, Ecstasy, Heroin, etc. Marijuana is probably the safest drug you can eat or smoke. And I'm glad the government propaganda commercials about drugs are not having any wide effect on the population. Here's a great site for the truth about Drugs.
Edited by lighted, Jan 12 2009, 09:32 PM.

lighted

stopsnitchin
Mar 3 2008, 05:20 PM
BTW on those things if you actually call the number there's a change they will use your recording on the game, somebody should call in...
That would be cool.

skunkrider
Member Avatar

i'm playing GTA IV, and i'm enjoying it a lot.

when it comes to politics, the game is very diversified. You have radio made by and for Midwest weapon lunatics (bound to sound ridiculous),
you have political discussions, talks about the health care system, then you have all the Weazel News-terror bulletins, and much more.

Basically when it comes to Terror, the whole game feels like the producers, designers, developers had in mind to ridicule the current "Terrosphere".

It is not at all a stupid or shallow game. And even though the sound that Jacob does when he inhales from a joint sounds like sniffing cocaine, that's much less anti-propaganda than I had expected.

All in all, the game is a nice parody to our world.

Keep this in mind also: don't judge something you don't know.

Rich
Member Avatar

GTAIV pokes an unbelieveable amount of fun out of the War on Terror and the US Government in general. Some of the things the cops say to you in the game cracks me up
"Hey, my names Brian oToole, I wasnt smart enough to join the army so ive joined the local police force to help fight the war on terror."
"We rifle through peoples bags on the subways to protect freedoms"
"We restore order when people stray out of free speech zones"
You guys who dislike GTA should take another look at it. Rockstar are known for poking fun, but throughout my whole time of playing I havent seen heard or noticed any way in which they poke fun at the truth movement etc

skunkrider
Member Avatar

My recommendation for full enjoyment of this Rockstars product:

get yourself some nice smokeables. Doesn't have to be special sticky green, just regular homegrown will do fine.

Roll some.

Get in the game, have yourself a nice car or a helicopter (wait for the night then), turn on radio Tuff Gong and enjoy the time.
Not only is the host of that radio station pretty critical and entertaining... the music is awesome too, with some wonderful special tracks by
the one or the other Marley

recepy for a lonely, but blissful night :D
Edited by skunkrider, Jan 20 2009, 12:38 PM.

Stundie

skunkrider
Jan 20 2009, 12:38 PM
My recommendation for full enjoyment of this Rockstars product:

get yourself some nice smokeables. Doesn't have to be special sticky green, just regular homegrown will do fine.

Roll some.

Get in the game, have yourself a nice car or a helicopter (wait for the night then), turn on radio Tuff Gong and enjoy the time.
Not only is the host of that radio station pretty critical and entertaining... the music is awesome too, with some wonderful special tracks by
the one or the other Marley

recepy for a lonely, but blissful night :D
Don't forget the Jamaican rum and coke too. ;) Smoking and GTA is thirsty work.

Great Lyrics from a great man.
"No chains around my feet...but I'm not free, oh-oh...I know I am bound here in captivity." - Concrete Jungle.

And this one which describes what passes for debunkers.
"You see men sailing on their ego trips....Blast off on their spaceships....Million miles from reality....No care for you, no care for me" - So Much Trouble in the World

skunkrider
Member Avatar

Nope, I don't drink alcohol, at least not when I'm alone, so chocolate-milk, water or such have to suffice.

I'm also always enjoying the radio channel 'The Journey'. Little pieces of wisdom interconnected by nice, spherical music..

edit:

By adding my own mp3's, I made Independence FM my little German PunkRock / Reggae / Raggaton station.. this game is finally worth it's high price, if not more.
Edited by skunkrider, Jan 24 2009, 01:19 PM.

IVXX
Member Avatar
MDCCLXXVI
Lin Kuei

Actually I'd have to disagree a bit here Lin. The largest percentage of video game players are male, ages 21-35. Not exactly "the younger generation". Not saying that young kids don't play these games as well but games like GTA are marketed towards those a bit older than "minds to be molded". The young kids playing these games just show one thing in my opinion, the lack of responsibility by parents to actually monitor what their kids are doing and get involved in their kids lives more. I mean just look at how things have gone with video games. First there was a massive cry about rating video games, so the game makers did just that and what happened?? Parents ignore the ratings and continue to buy their kids the games they want no matter the rating.

Now for a look at the character "The Truth" in GTA - SA. Now I never played the game. I got bored of GTA long before it came out. However your call on "The Truth" is correct but I feel taken out of context. You said, " a character called "The Truth" who was a drug pushing, paranoid relic from the 60s who always spoke of the govt and mind control." The 60s was the shattering of the Donna Reed image of how life was in America up til that point. It was those in the 60s who basicly started the first "truth movement". The questioning and protesting of gov't policy started in the 60s. People finally decided they needed to hold their gov't accountable instead of just going with the flow and trusting their gov't always had the people's best interests at heart.

As for the "paranoid relic from the 60s", that's GTA doing what it and other video games always do. Mirroring society and poking fun at society. In the 60s the gov't un-use to this public questioning of their policy and the way they did business needed an angle to discredit and smear those who were questioning. Enter drugs. The same people in gov't who used drugs as their angle to discredit had no problem with a few drinks after work or over dinner. They played on the fact that the majority of people had no idea what they were talking about when it came to drugs and could pretty much say whatever they wanted about them cuz unless you did your own research or actually did some of the drugs yourself, you had no idea that 95% of what the gov't says about drugs is a pure lie. I suggest everyone watch the movie "Reefer Madness" to see exactly what I mean. Those who spoke of the gov't and mind control in the 60s were labeled "paranoid drug users" until finally many years later it came out that the gov't was experimenting with forms of mind control. Some of the methods using the very drugs they spoke out against. So the character "The Truth" isn't Rockstar Games poking fun at those who question as it is poking fun at the way society labels or views those doing the questioning.

Here's one thing that always gets me. Now I'm not saying all drugs. I do believe there are drugs that shouldn't be touched and there is no responsibly way to do them cause by doing them you show a lack of responsibility. However, I will bring up marijuana. Marijuana labeled as bad and illegal in this country yet alcohol is legal and sold at every corner store. I personally believe alcohol is worse than marijuana and we have it ass backwards in this country as to which is worse than the other. I have a huge problem that companies in this country preform drug tests on employees and those applying for work in which if marijuana is found you will not get the job or lose your job. However it's perfectly ok to go home after work, drink a fifth of JD and beat your wife and kids. It seems that marijuana can't be done responsibly the way alcohol can. I mean if you got caught drinking on the job you would be fired just like the person caught high. Having marijuana in your system doesn't mean you do it 24/7. Maybe you like to go home and smoke a joint after dinner the same way someone likes to have a drink or two after dinner.

Anyway me personally, I've been playing only one video game as of late (as of late being the last year). I sold my console games and the consoles themselves. I got tired of paying $50-$75 for a game I was beating inside 2 weeks. I've been playing World of Warcraft which like every game pops fun at pop culture a lot. I haven't seen anything yet that pops fun at the truth movement yet though I've been looking. However "the world" inside WoW is massively huge and in the year I have been playing I still haven't seen it all. If I come across something I'll definitely post here about it.

OK I think that's long winded enough huh??? LoL!!!!

OH and Skunkrider, chocolate-milk is no cure for cotton-mouth. We all know that LoL!!!

skunkrider
Member Avatar

IVXX
Jan 27 2009, 01:11 PM
OH and Skunkrider, chocolate-milk is no cure for cotton-mouth. We all know that LoL!!!
Come to Netherlands once and try a glass of either warm Chocomel with whipcream and nice Dutch chocolate on top, or just a freezin'cold Chocomel...

...while Chocomel itself will create a new little addiction, you'll be cured of cotton mouth. Promise! If it ain't helpin' ya, yo'get yo'cash back!

Well, ok, I have to narrow this down... funny enough, coca cola or pure water are my best option for smoking weed, while Chocomel is perfect for a hash joint.

If marijuana were as widespread as alcohol, maybe mankind would be a little back with technology, but definitely far ahead in humanity and spirituality.

And even if it is my only drug, I don't trust people anymore that are either sober all their life, or that want to outlaw a plant.

Rei Murasame recently told me that I were simply consuming a substance made and produced with the intent of keeping people low, uninterested and dull.

Sorry to spoil your sober party, but I developed my social and political consciousness only after I smoked my first spliff, and that's something that happens to a lot of people.

Sad enough, but true nontheless.

hiphopopotamus
Member Avatar

I just don't understand why you refuse to drink alone, but you will smoke alone. Do you just not drink?

skunkrider
Member Avatar

hiphopopotamus
Jan 29 2009, 08:26 PM
I just don't understand why you refuse to drink alone, but you will smoke alone. Do you just not drink?
I don't know if your question was directed at me, but I'm feeling freeto try andanswer it anyway. ^_^

The different effects of alcohol and marijuana are not comparable.

While alcohol is a drug preferably consumed in company, it does not really make sense to drink it when you're alone, given that you're not in such a bad situation that you seek total oblivion with it. Drinking booze makes you do things you wouldn't do when you're sober.

Smoking marijuana does not mess with your will. Weed will induce a different way of thinking, and thereby slowly change your character.
Smoking with good people around you is a great experience. Smoking on your own can be a blissful, cozy experience as well.

I can only speak for myself of course, but due to the nature of my life (read: character) I'm on my own most of the time. I do have great friends around, but as they smoke too, I'm hardly doing anything social without getting high. When I'm alone (and have no plans or important things to do) I enjoy the internet, inspiring games such as GTA4 or Pro Evolution Soccer (there should be scientific research regarding the effects on smoking weed while playing Pro Evo... I am evidentially better and play more beautiful soccer when high), do everything I enjoy, and I enjoy them even more when I'm high.

All in all, too regular consumption patterns like mine aren't good for you, so while I'd love everybody to get high just to try once in their lives, I know that heavy smoking will have direct and indirect consequences eventually. So don't try this at home (too often), children!

At any rate, try it for yourself in the Vondelpark (city park) of Amsterdam, with some nice golden summer August weather.. because I'm no Schiller, thus my explanation will not even remotely come close to the 'real deal'.

:cool:

hiphopopotamus
Member Avatar

Ah, thanks for your thoughts. I pretty much agree. While I will have a glass of good beer (I just opened a bottle of Alesmith's Speedway Stout, and it is phenomenal) to relax on occasion, getting smashed by one's self isn't a healthy habit. I'm sure its the same with smoking for you.

I have a few friends who go on these anti-alcohol pro-(insert drug here) rants, and they just annoy the hell out of me.
Edited by hiphopopotamus, Jan 30 2009, 03:05 AM.

skunkrider
Member Avatar

hiphopopotamus
Jan 30 2009, 03:04 AM
Ah, thanks for your thoughts. I pretty much agree. While I will have a glass of good beer (I just opened a bottle of Alesmith's Speedway Stout, and it is phenomenal) to relax on occasion, getting smashed by one's self isn't a healthy habit. I'm sure its the same with smoking for you.

I have a few friends who go on these anti-alcohol pro-(insert drug here) rants, and they just annoy the hell out of me.
well, hiphopopotamus, your friends have a point though, even though I recognize how tiresome and self-righteous your friends' nagging must be.

If we're talking about abuse (which is never good), Alcohol is indeed more dangerous than Marijuana.

You know the deal ... Alcohol can make you feel sick, get angry, do stuff you regret later, hit your children, your wife, your neighbour, man, sometimes even neighbour's dog. "Applied to groups" Alcohol can be the trigger for violence. Drinking alcohol can get you addicted easily,
directly or indirectly. Even a "normal" amount of 2 beers per day can lead to habituation and end in a serious drinking problem.

If you abuse Marijuana, you'll most likely end up on your bed, heavy-eyed, starving for chocolate.
There is no practically applicable lethal dose to Marijuana, meaning you'd have to eat a couple of kilogram of dry weed to reach the lethal dose of THC. Compared to Alcohol, you'd have to drink about 20-50 kegs of 5% alc. beer.

Consuming Marijuana isn't all sunshine, I agree, but those guys that like to compare Alcohol and Marijuana (I don't want to advocate any other drug) are likeley to be jealous and angry. Jealous at you boozer for having a law that gives you the right to get hammered, and angry at society's hypocricy to outlaw a drug which is not only less dangerous than the famous legal potable one, but also only a plant.

Remember that: while potable alcohol needs chemical processing and refinement (yes, even beer, but you know that ^_^ ),
Marijuana wasn't called 'weed' for no reason, growing heavily and quickly everywhere, only needing a fire to unleash peace.

I bet you that those potheads around you would stop whining as soon as Marijuana received the same legal state as Alcohol. :D

EDIT: Almost forgot that I have a link for you. These studies were done in 2007 in the UK, the goal was to have a newly organized, more realistic table of substances and their danger, with the top being the most dangerous ones.
See for yourself...

Development of a rational scale to assess the harm of drugs of potential misuse

MSNBC article including actual table

:cheers:
Edited by skunkrider, Jan 30 2009, 12:08 PM.

hiphopopotamus
Member Avatar

Cannabis does have long term, serious, health effects.

Quote:

The aim of the present study was to determine the risk of lung cancer associated with cannabis smoking. A case-control study of lung cancer in adults <or=55 yrs of age was conducted in eight district health boards in New Zealand. Cases were identified from the New Zealand Cancer Registry and hospital databases. Controls were randomly selected from the electoral roll, with frequency matching to cases in 5-yr age groups and district health boards. Interviewer-administered questionnaires were used to assess possible risk factors, including cannabis use. The relative risk of lung cancer associated with cannabis smoking was estimated by logistic regression. In total, 79 cases of lung cancer and 324 controls were included in the study. The risk of lung cancer increased 8% (95% confidence interval (CI) 2-15) for each joint-yr of cannabis smoking, after adjustment for confounding variables including cigarette smoking, and 7% (95% CI 5-9) for each pack-yr of cigarette smoking, after adjustment for confounding variables including cannabis smoking. The highest tertile of cannabis use was associated with an increased risk of lung cancer (relative risk 5.7 (95% CI 1.5-21.6)), after adjustment for confounding variables including cigarette smoking. In conclusion, the results of the present study indicate that long-term cannabis use increases the risk of lung cancer in young adults.

Pubmed ID 18238947

There is plenty of research that shows marijauna, especially if taken during the pubescent years, can have some significant effects on the user:

Quote:

Adolescence is a critical phase for cerebral development, where the endocannabinoid system plays an important role influencing the release and action of different neurotransmitters. Therefore, a strong stimulation by the psychoactive component of marijuana, delta-9-tetrahydrocanabinol (THC), might lead to subtle but lasting neurobiological changes that can affect adult brain functions and behaviour

Pubmed ID: 18358595

Alcohol, on the other hand, has some benefits if taken that even seem to offset some of the effects of binge drinking:

Quote:

The health effects of a binge pattern of alcohol consumption have not been widely investigated. The objective of this study was to evaluate the cardiovascular consequences of binge drinking (consumption of eight or more drinks at one sitting) and usual (nonbinge) drinking in a longitudinal, population-based study. Data obtained from 1,154 men and women aged 18-64 years interviewed in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, in 1990 and 1991 were linked to health care utilization and mortality records. Using an 8-year follow-up period, the authors performed separate Cox proportional hazards regression analyses for men and women on time to first event for physician visits, hospitalizations, and deaths due to coronary heart disease, hypertension, and other cardiovascular disease. Binge drinking increased the risk of coronary heart disease in both men (hazard ratio (HR) = 2.26, 95% confidence interval (CI): 1.22, 4.20) and women (HR = 1.10, 95% CI: 1.02, 1.18). It increased the risk of hypertension in men (HR = 1.57, 95% CI: 1.04, 2.35) but not in women. Binge drinking had no effect on the risk of other cardiovascular disease. In contrast, usual drinking had significant cardioprotective effects in both men and women. Thus, the harmful effects of binge drinking on cardiovascular disease morbidity and mortality can be disaggregated from the protective effects of usual drinking at various levels of consumption.

Pubmed ID: 11821249

Now, I'm not trying to demonize your drug of choice. People have different taste, and all have potential consequences. Its all about what helps us have a better time, right?
Edited by hiphopopotamus, Jan 30 2009, 01:33 PM.

skunkrider
Member Avatar

hiphopopotamus
Jan 30 2009, 01:32 PM
Now, I'm not trying to demonize your drug of choice. People have different taste, and all have potential consequences. Its all about what helps us have a better time, right?
I agree.

And while my post may have looked a little biased, I never meant to say that Cannabis is harmless.

Due to practical reasons, it's rarely smoked purely.

The only situations in which that happens is when you smoke a blunt or a pure joint, but unless you have lots of free time, that'll make you pretty immobile.

So most of the time I smoke my joints in a 50-50 mix with cigarette or shag tobacco. I can hear the holes in my lungs already, so I don't need scientific proof that smoking is bad for me :D

Because joints are being smoked mostly without filters (I am about to try special joint filters... I'll let you know how they work) the tobacco from cigarettes is likely to work stronger on you than it would behind a cigarette filter. Hence why they say that one joint is as dangerous as so and so many cigs.

I agree on the physical damage. No problem.

What gets me most of the time is when the media (or people) try to tell me that Cannabis causes psychological defects.

That's simply not true. What the media (and people) always leave out is that only such people will experience psychological side-effects that already had a preexisting condition. So you have to be schizophrene in order for Cannabis consumption to have an effect on that, however, if you're not schizo, you will not become so by smoking no matter how many joints.

Smoke, drink, sniff or fix... I don't care, I need a Twix!

Enjoy your weekends. ^_^

lighted

Erowid.org

The effects of smoking Cannabis are usually lighter than those of many other recreational psychoactive substances. People are generally capable of carrying out normal actions and activities while high.
POSITIVE

* mood lift, euphoria
* laughter
* relaxation, stress reduction
* creative, philosophical or deep thinking : ideas flow more easily
* increased appreciation of music. More aware of, deeper connection to music.
* increased awareness of senses. (eating, drinking, smell)
* change in experience of muscle fatigue. Pleasant body feel. Increase in body/mind connection.
* pain relief (headaches, cramps)
* reduced nausea, increased appetite (used medically for this)
* boring tasks or entertainment can become more interesting or funny

NEUTRAL

* general change in consciousness (as with many psychoactives)
* increased appetite, snacky-ness
* slowness (slow driving, talking)
* change in vision such as sharpened colors or lights
* closed-eye visuals (somewhat uncommon)
* tiredness, sleepiness, lethargy
* stimulation, inability to sleep (less common)
* blood shot eyes (more common with certain varieties of cannabis and inexperienced users)
* mouth dryness, sticky-mouth (varies with strain)
* interrupts linear memory. Difficulty following a train of thought.
* cheek, jaw, facial tension / numbness (less commonly reported)
* racing thoughts (especially at high doses)
* increased emotional impact of music
* Time sense altered: cars seem like they are moving too fast, time dilation and compression are common at higher doses

NEGATIVE

* nausea, especially in combination with alcohol, some pharmaceuticals, or other psychoactives
* coughing, asthma, upper respiratory problems
* difficulty with short term memory during effects and during periods of frequent use (Ranganathan M, D'Souza DC, Psychopharmacology, 2006)
* racing heart, agitation, feeling tense
* mild to severe anxiety
* panic attacks in sensitive users or with very high doses (oral use increases risk of getting too much)
* headaches
* dizziness, confusion
* lightheadedness or fainting (in cases of lowered blood pressure)
* paranoid & anxious thoughts more frequent
* possible psychological dependence on cannabis
* clumsiness, loss of coordination at high doses
* can precipitate or exacerbate latent or existing mental disorders
WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS
* mild to moderate, non life-threatening withdrawal symptoms occur after daily use in some users. These may last for 1-6 weeks after cessation of use and can include anxiety, anhedonia (reduced experience of pleasure), headaches, general unease/discomfort, difficulty sleeping, and a desire to smoke pot. Severity of symptoms is related to frequency of use and individual sensitivity.
* slight loss of appetite
* finding non-stoned life a bit dull, increased boredom

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis.shtml

skunkrider
Member Avatar

Ehm... thank you for the info :D

If you happen to find one, you should post the same kind of table, with the protagonist being Alcohol or cigarettes. :)

lighted

Michael Phelps was caught smoking out of a bong recently, Hes an ATHLETE, if that's not proof you can smoke pot and still not be lazy then I don't know what is.

Obama's Half-Brother Arrested on Marijuana Charge
http://www.voanews.com/english/2009-01-31-voa23.cfm

I hope Obama decriminalizes marijuana.
Edited by lighted, Feb 2 2009, 11:48 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · 9/11 Truth and Loose Change in the Media · Next Topic »
Add Reply