Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
For Ken Burns...
Topic Started: Mar 15 2017, 07:13 PM (64 Views)
Quasimodo

POSTER COMMENT from 2007 (in Talk Left) :

Quote:

Well, lets look at this. Three people have been accused of rape. Their names and pictures have been published all over the country. They've been published internationally, actually. My father was in Australia when this story broke and it was reported on extensively there. Their names have been damaged forever and will be linked with a violent sex crime no matter what happens. Everyone knows about their families and where they live.

Financially, a mother of a Duke lax player (Fogarty) told ABC that the legal bills for each of the three players are running at about $80,000 a month. Since we're about 9 months into this, that means current legal bills for each player total about $720,000 or nearly three quarters of a million dollars. Also add in $100,000 for bail. No trial date is even in sight yet.

On a personal level the players are in limbo. Nine months have been taken out of their lives so far. Two of the players can't continue their education. The other player had a job offer rescinded based on the charges.

I can't even begin to grasp the emotional toll on these players and their families. I would think this affects everything that happens in their day to day lives. Parents, siblings, other relatives, girlfriends and friends are all affected. The amount of pain, suffering and frustration has to be off the charts.

So no, they haven't been put away. But I would say this has taken a huge toll on them and their families. I hope before this is done that the major players in this hoax are held accountable both civilly and criminally.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Quasimodo

Quote:

But who is outraged on your behalf? What justice will you receive? Will the same networks that willingly aided in destroying your reputations now give you airtime to vent your frustrations? Will Jessie Jackson now offer the three of you a free scholarship like he did the "victim," since he helped assist in your battered reputation?

--Jemele Hill

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · DUKE LACROSSE - Liestoppers · Next Topic »
Add Reply