Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Nancy Grace, April 18, 2006; God Bless Steve Miller
Topic Started: Aug 11 2008, 05:34 PM (976 Views)
Baldo
Member Avatar

The Change of Venue motion would have been critical if it had gone to trial. If it had not been approved I don't know what would have happened.

If you have never read it I suggest you do so. It is a shocking indictment of the prejudicial environment that Durham & Duke had towards the three Innocent players.

http://www.newsobserver.com/content/news/story_graphics/20061215_dukelacrosse.pdf
Edited by Baldo, Aug 12 2008, 09:17 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tidbits

Tidbits
Aug 12 2008, 06:54 PM
Quote:

we agree with the magistrate judge that Grace “played fast and
loose” with her ethical duties

Quote:

the prosecutor, Nancy Grace,

Quote:

We agree with the magistrate judge that “[t]his testimony [of Johnson at
trial] appears to be false, given the existence of the arrest warrants for Ragin and
Williams,” and that “it is difficult to conclude that Grace did not knowingly use this
testimony.”
Courts rarely name a prosector. They named her. It was a form of reprimand. A stiff one for them, but mild compared to real punishment.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bill Anderson
Member Avatar

I'm at the point in my life where I am tired of "reprimands." When prosecutors commit these crimes -- and they are crimes -- then they need to be carted off to prison. Let them have their perp walks, since they love them so much.

I really am sick of reading about more and more police and prosecutorial abuse and realizing that nothing ever will be done about it. These people will become increasingly powerful, and I really don't think that it makes a difference on the larger picture.

Yes, we can win small battles like we did in Durham, but the bad people are winning the war. If I sound discouraged, it is because I am.

:bill:

Tidbits

Bill Anderson
Aug 12 2008, 10:04 PM
I'm at the point in my life where I am tired of "reprimands." When prosecutors commit these crimes -- and they are crimes -- then they need to be carted off to prison. Let them have their perp walks, since they love them so much.

I really am sick of reading about more and more police and prosecutorial abuse and realizing that nothing ever will be done about it. These people will become increasingly powerful, and I really don't think that it makes a difference on the larger picture.

Yes, we can win small battles like we did in Durham, but the bad people are winning the war. If I sound discouraged, it is because I am.

:bill:
Sometimes I think hanging would be the right consequence, but I would want to be sure the right person determines who is hung.

Sometimes discouragement is a sign of sanity.

Quasimodo

Notice the subtitle to this old thread, from 2008 -- which may bear rereading...

Edited by Quasimodo, Mar 13 2017, 08:53 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DUKE LACROSSE - Liestoppers · Next Topic »
Add Reply