Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Locked Topic
2012 Presidential Campaign
Topic Started: May 6 2011, 01:55 PM (57,823 Views)
Baldo
Member Avatar

123 days until the Presidential Election

4 more job reports.

No President since FDR has ever been reelected with an unemployment rate over 7.2%

Sorry Bo you're fired! Time to bring out Fala
Offline Profile Goto Top

kbp

I anticipate a post from Longstop!
Offline Profile Goto Top

longstop
longstop
I,’ ‘Me’—Obama Uses First-Person Pronoun 117 Times in 1 Speech

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/i-me-obama-uses-first-person-pronoun-117-times-1-speech
Offline Profile Goto Top

kbp

longstop
Jul 6 2012, 05:29 PM

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/i-me-obama-uses-first-person-pronoun-117-times-1-speech
I caught it in the wrong thread just as you deleted it! :laughin:
Offline Profile Goto Top

longstop
longstop
kbp
Jul 6 2012, 05:30 PM
longstop
Jul 6 2012, 05:29 PM

I caught it in the wrong thread just as you deleted it! :laughin:
Well spotted Sir :thup:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Baldo
Member Avatar

I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I,

A visual display of 117 "I"s - That took a real arrogant man

BTW Mark Levin is on a real roll today
Edited by Baldo, Jul 6 2012, 05:43 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Baldo
Member Avatar

July 6, 2012 10:00 P.M.
Obama’s Goose Is Cooked
He got another rubber chicken for jobs. Bring on Romney’s filet mignon.

By Larry Kudlow

Obama needed a filet mignon in the June employment report. Instead he got a rubber chicken.

Only 80,000 new jobs were created last month, way below Wall Street expectations. It’s the fourth consecutive monthly disappointment. For a few months last winter, jobs were rising at an average of 225,000 a month. But that has sloped way down to only 75,000. The unemployment rate continues at 8.2 percent, which is the forty-first straight month above 8 percent. The U6 unemployment rate, which includes discouraged workers, is just under 15 percent.

As voters finalize their election impressions this summer, all of this is bad news for the Chicago incumbent.

At a campaign stop in Ohio on Friday, Obama actually said we’re still “heading in the right direction.” Is he kidding? As a stagnant GDP drops below 2 percent, employment falters, retail sales decline, and the ISM index for manufacturing drops below 50 (signaling contraction)? No objective observer can deny that the economy is headed in the wrong direction.

I don’t like playing the pessimist, but the numbers are the numbers. This is exactly what former Clinton advisers James Carville, Doug Schoen, and Stanley Greenberg have been warning Obama about. People just don’t believe the economy is getting better. So he’s gotta change his message....snipped

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/304935/obama-s-goose-cooked-larry-kudlow
Offline Profile Goto Top

longstop
longstop

The Little Blue Book: Quotations from Chairman Lakoff

http://pjmedia.com/zombie/2012/07/09/the-little-blue-book-quotations-from-chairman-lakoff/

The Little Blue Book: The Essential Guide to Thinking and Talking Democratic, by George Lakoff and Elisabeth Wehling

George Lakoff, Professor of Cognitive Science and Linguistics at U.C. Berkeley — and highly regarded Democratic tactician — has just released his playbook for the 2012 election. Titled The Little Blue Book: The Essential Guide to Thinking and Talking Democratic, it purports to be the ultimate insiders’ guide to liberal messaging and left-wing ideology.

Before you even open the book, its sly self-referential gamesmanship leaps off the cover: the very title itself is a wink-wink-nudge-nudge ironic-but-not-really reference to Chairman Mao’s Little Red Book, the kind of hidden-meaning secret message that progressives like to call a “dog whistle,” although they insist that only conservatives resort to such underhanded gambits.

snip

Linked from PJ Media

Offline Profile Goto Top

Baldo
Member Avatar

Hill Poll: Majority believe Obama has changed country for worse

Two-thirds of likely voters say President Obama has kept his 2008 campaign promise to change America — but it’s changed for the worse, according to a sizable majority.

A new poll for The Hill found 56 percent of likely voters believe Obama’s first term has transformed the nation in a negative way, compared to 35 percent who believe the country has changed for the better under his leadership.

The results signal broad voter unease with the direction the nation has taken under Obama’s leadership and present a major challenge for the incumbent Democrat as he seeks reelection this fall....snipped

http://thehill.com/polls/236627-hill-poll-majority-feel-obama-has-changed-country-for-worse
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kerri P.
Member Avatar

http://www.wral.com/business/story/11295260/
New law gives US companies a break on pensions
Posted: 1:32 p.m. today
Updated: 2:32 p.m. today

WASHINGTON — A new law will let companies contribute billions of dollars less to their workers' pension funds, raising concerns about weakening the plans that millions of Americans count on for retirement.

But with many companies already freezing or getting rid of pension plans, many critics are reluctant to force the issue.

Some expect the changes, passed by Congress last month and signed Friday by President Barack Obama, to have little impact on the nation's enormous $1.9 trillion in estimated pension fund assets. And it is more important, they suggest, to avoid giving employers a new reason to limit or jettison remaining pension benefits by forcing them to contribute more than they say they can manage.

The equation underscores a harsh reality for unions, consumer advocates and others who normally go to the mat for workers and retirees: When it comes to battling over pensions, the fragile economy of 2012 gives the business community a lot of leverage.

snip....
Offline Profile Goto Top

kbp

Quote:

Obama campaign threatens donors: ‘We could lose if this continues’

The Obama re-election team is not happy with the latest fundraising reports, showing that Mitt Romney and the RNC raised $35 million more than the president and the DNC.

“We could lose if this continues,” reads the subject line of a message emailed to donors today from Obama’s Campaign Chief Operating Officer Ann Marie Habershaw. More text below:
  • Dear (Supporter)

Well, I’ve got some good news and some bad news.

Good news first: June was our best fundraising month yet. We exceeded expectations — more than 706,000 people stepped up and pitched in for a grand total of $71 million raised for this campaign and the Democratic Party.

Bad news? We still got beat. Handily. Romney and the RNC pulled in a whopping $106 million.

So, to recap: We had our best fundraising month yet, and we still fell about $35 million short. We can win while being outspent — but we need to keep it close.

You know what that means. We’ve got some work to do.

Pitch in $3 or more right now to start closing the gap.

This is no joke. If we can’t keep the money race close, it becomes that much harder to win in November.

Barry just can't do it without more money from other people to spend.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kbp

Quote:

Obama seeks tax-cut extension for middle class

Would exclude those who make more than $250,000

In an attempt to change the subject from the dismal jobs market and cast GOP rival Mitt Romney as a champion of the rich, President Obama on Monday issued a new call for Congress to extend the Bush tax cuts for the middle class and allow rates to rise on wealthier income earners.

The president, in an address from the White House, called for a one-year extension of tax cuts for households making less than $250,000 a year.

snip

Obamacare is the biggest tax hike EVER, and the middle class are the victims of those tax hikes.

Now Barry puts window dressing out with a ONE YEAR plan to keep the middle class taxes from rising?

A SINGLE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The certainty here is looking obvious to any that can add 2+2; his source for redistribution will reduce the "middle class" standard of living.
Edited by kbp, Jul 10 2012, 11:16 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kbp

I'm not alone in my thoughts on how ironic Barry can be!

Permanence = Certainty

Quote:

Obama: Keep Tax Rates in Place for 365 Days to Give Business 'A Sense of Permanence'

..."The proposal I make today would extend these tax cuts for 97 percent of all small business owners in America," the president said. "In other words, 97 percent of small businesses fall under the $250,000 threshold. So this isn't about taxing job creators, this is about helping job creators. I want to give them relief. I want to give those 97 percent a sense of permanence."

and...

Quote:

Obama Proposal Increases Tax Rates for All Income Brackets by 2014

...“That’s why I’m calling on Congress to extend the tax cuts for the 98 percent of Americans who make less than $250,000 for another year,” he said.

and...

Quote:

Obama’s Middle Class ‘Tax Cut’ Would Raise Taxes by $1.3 Trillion Over Eight Years

The policy that President Obama described Monday as a middle-class tax cut would result in taxpayers paying nearly $1.3 trillion more over an eight-year period than they would have under his previous proposal, according to Congressional Budget Office figures.

...we CERTAIN we'll pay more!
Edited by kbp, Jul 10 2012, 11:36 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kbp

Barry's latest email...

Quote:

We're getting outraised -- a first for a sitting president, if this continues. Not just by the super PACs and outside groups that are pouring hundreds of millions of dollars into misleading ads, but by our opponent and the Republican Party, which just outraised us for the second month in a row.

We can win a race in which the other side spends more than we do. But not this much more.

So I need your help. If you believe that regular people should decide elections, then please chip in $3 or more today.

This isn't about me or the outcome of one election.

This election will be a test of the model that got us here. We'll learn whether it's still true that a grassroots campaign can elect a president -- whether ordinary Americans are in control of our democracy in the face of massive spending.

I believe we can do this. When all of us chip in what we can, when we can, we are the most powerful force in politics.

But today is the day to prove it. Donate now:

http://my.democrats.org/Outraised

Thank you -- for everything you've done before and everything you're doing now. It matters.

Barack

I'm looking for a $3 dollar bill to help out with!
Edited by kbp, Jul 10 2012, 12:03 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kbp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=duflrDyp9ok

Published on Jul 10, 2012 by TheMessageIsVideos

http://themessageis.com/advice-for-mitt-romneys-naacp-speech/

A satirical video short that lacerates Mitt Romney and his advisors as they prepare for his speech to the NAACP convention in Houston on Wednesday, July 11, 2012. This is the first original production by The Message, a new progressive online media hub.

From 2nd link:

The Message
About Us

We are excited to announce the launch of The Message, a new website that will identify, produce and distribute video that promotes progressive issues.

We have grown increasingly frustrated with the failure of the Democratic Party and, by extension, the progressive community to effectively communicate their viewpoint to a broader audience. We want to change that.

During the entire 2010 Congressional campaign, no prominent Democrat highlighted the recovery of the auto industry, for fear of being perceived as a proponent of “big government.” After the Gabby Giffords and Trayvon Martin shootings, there was barely a peep in Congress about our lax gun laws. We want The Message to galvanize and energize Democrats and progressives to actively pursue their agenda.

The Message is a place for user-generated, celebrity and curated video on the social, political and cultural topics of the day. We will showcase the most compelling and kinetic progressive videos and work to expand their reach and amplify their volume. Our goal is to mold the political, social and cultural debate for the 2012 election and beyond.

Content on The Message will span a wide spectrum — from provocative and controversial to light-hearted and irreverent. We are actively partnering with activists, artists, film makers and organizations to create video.

We’re awarding two $1,000 prizes to the people who submit the best original video productions and two $500 prizes for the best webcam videos. In addition, we want to populate The Message with great stuff that’s already out there, but needs broader distribution. If you know of existing content that deserves attention or want to create new material, we’d love to see it!

Outrage, music, drama or parody is all welcome. Submit a video now.

Let’s stop the right wing from taking over the country and give progress a chance.

So "The Message" about Progress is criticism of the right?

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · LIESTOPPERS UNDERGROUND · Next Topic »
Locked Topic