| Crystal Mangum Arrested Overnight - 4/3/11; Who didn't see this coming? | |
|---|---|
| Tweet Topic Started: Apr 3 2011, 11:21 AM (27,947 Views) | |
| abb | Apr 4 2011, 02:05 PM Post #301 |
|
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20050323-504083.html April 4, 2011 9:43 AM Duke lacrosse accuser Crystal Mangum charged in stabbing Posted by Edecio Martinez 9 comments Duke lacrosse accuser charged with attempted murder, arson (CBS/WRAL/AP) DURHAM, N.C. - Crystal Mangum, the Durham woman known for falsely accusing three Duke University lacrosse players of rape in 2006, is accused of stabbing her boyfriend early Sunday. Mangum, 32, is charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury. She is being held without bond. Investigators believe that Mangum stabbed her 46-year-old boyfriend in the torso during a dispute, police spokeswoman Kammie Michael told CBS affiliate WRAL. The boyfriend, whose name wasn't released by authorities, was taken to Duke University Hospital to be treated for serious injuries, while Mangum was arrested in a nearby apartment. Police declined to comment further on the case. Police arrested Mangum in February 2010 after an altercation between her and a different boyfriend. Police said that in that incident, she assaulted her 33-year-old boyfriend in front of her children and lit some of his clothes on fire. She was charged with attempted murder and arson but found guilty last December of three counts of child abuse, injury to personal property and resisting a public officer. She was sentenced to 88 days in jail, which she had already served while awaiting trial. While a student at North Carolina Central University in March 2006, Mangum worked as a stripper and performed at a party hosted by members of the Duke lacrosse team. She claimed three white players trapped her inside a bathroom and raped and sexually assaulted her. Mike Nifong, Durham County's district attorney at the time, had the three players indicted on rape and other charges on the basis of Mangum's allegations, but the case later crumbled with her wavering in key details of her story. |
![]() |
|
| retiredLEO | Apr 4 2011, 02:10 PM Post #302 |
|
That's just it he wasn't thinking. Seems that these Durham County judges are about as dumb as tree stumps. |
![]() |
|
| abb | Apr 4 2011, 02:13 PM Post #303 |
|
http://www.heraldsun.com/view/full_story/12621899/article-Bond-set-at--300-000-for-Mangum?instance=breaking_news Bond set at $300,000 for Mangum 04.04.11 - 01:51 pm DURHAM – Bond has been set at $300,000 secured for Crystal Mangum, charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury. Police believe Mangum stabbed a man early Sunday morning at 3507 Century Oaks Drive. The man was taken to Duke University Hospital to get treated for serious injuries. Mangum is widely known as the woman who wrongly accused three Duke University lacrosse players in 2006 of raping her during an off-campus party. The players were exonerated. Look for a full report in Tuesday’s edition of The Herald-Sun or at www.heraldsun.com. |
![]() |
|
| RighteousThug | Apr 4 2011, 02:28 PM Post #304 |
|
Objection. Assumes facts not in evidence. |
![]() |
|
| abb | Apr 4 2011, 03:18 PM Post #305 |
|
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/04/duke-lacrosse-rape-accuser-accused-of-stabbing-boyfriend/1 Duke Lacrosse rape accuser charged with stabbing boyfriend 12:01 PM By Michael McCarthy, USA TODAY 45 Comments 4 Recommended CAPTION By Sara D. Davis, AP Photo Crystal Mangum, the woman who authorities later determined falsely accused three Duke Lacrosse players of rape in 2006, has been arrested by police in Durham, N.C. and accused of stabbing her boyfriend in the chest, according to the Associated Press. Investigators say the two were arguing Sunday morning when the 32-year old Mangum allegedly stabbed her 46-year old boyfriend in the chest. Mangum is charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill. He's in the hospital in serious condition. She's in jail. In December, Mangum was convicted of misdemeanor child abuse. The North Carolina Central University student, and part-time exotic dancer, accused three white Duke Blue Devils Lacrosse players -- Reade Seligmann, Colin Finnerty and David Evans -- of raping her at a team party in 2006. North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper declared the trio innocent in 2007 and dropped all charges. The prosecutor, Mike Nifong, was disbarred and served a day in jail. Mangum maintained in her memoir, The Last Chance for Grace: The Crystal Mangum Story, that she had been attacked. |
![]() |
|
| abb | Apr 4 2011, 03:21 PM Post #306 |
|
http://www.thelibertypapers.org/2011/04/04/duke-accuser-crystal-mangum-charged-with-stabbing-boyfriend/ April 4, 2011 Duke Accuser Crystal Mangum Charged with Stabbing Boyfriend by Stephen Littau To this very day, there are individuals* who try to hold the Duke lacrosse accuser Crystal Mangum up as a “victim” despite the fact that her gang accusations against the players were completely untrue. Crystal Mangum is NOT a victim but a menace to society. Not only did she falsely accuse these young men and do her best to ruin their reputations but she has since been convicted of child abuse and injury to personal property. She was also charged with arson but the charge was dropped because the jury couldn’t agree on a verdict. Now the sainted** Crystal Mangum has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill. WUSA 9 Reports: DURHAM, NC (WRAL/CBS) – For the second time in 14 months, the Durham woman who falsely accused three Duke University lacrosse players of rape has been charged with assaulting a man with whom she was living. Crystal Mangum, 32, was charged Sunday with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury. A judge set a $300,000 bond for her on Monday. Police said Mangum stabbed Reginald Daye, 46, in the torso with a kitchen knife during a dispute at 3507 Century Oaks Drive early Sunday. Daye was taken to Duke University Hospital to be treated for serious injuries, and Mangum was arrested in a nearby apartment. His condition was unknown Monday. A man who said he was Daye’s nephew called 911 to report the stabbing, saying it occurred while Daye and his girlfriend were arguing about rent money. The caller said police were called earlier while the couple argued, but the stabbing occurred after the officers left. Notice that the alleged victim was named in this story was named? Mangum’s identity was not revealed when she was the alleged victim thanks to these absurd “rape shield” policies many media outlets follow. Another thing I have noticed in some of the coverage is that some of Mangum’s supporters are cautioning the media not to rush to judgment; she is innocent until proven guilty. These supporters are right of course, but where was this concern when the Duke athletes where made pariahs? And where is Nancy Grace? Before writing this post, I took a look at her website, blog, and Twitter feed and didn’t find one mention of Crystal Mangum anywhere. It could be that she hasn’t had the opportunity to get into this case, perhaps she will be leading the charge to convict Crystal Mangum in the court of public opinion tonight on her television show? I have my doubts. |
![]() |
|
| Deleted User | Apr 4 2011, 04:01 PM Post #307 |
|
Deleted User
|
We often say here that Durham is Wonderland, but I am of the opinion that Wonderlands exist all over this country when it comes to repeat offenders and the judicial system. I heard a story today about a former local thug who has been arrested 45 times (yes, I said 45), once for murder with eye witnesses and in that case his charge was pled down to carrying a weapon as a felon. To my knowledge, he has served no time on any of the other charges. He was just arrested again for killing a former soldier who was driving an armored truck. He has multiple children in various locations and was described by his sister as a "good family man". These vermin are growing like weeds among us and the courts seem to care less what they inflict on society. |
|
|
| ~J~ is in Wonderland | Apr 4 2011, 04:13 PM Post #308 |
|
~J~ is in Wonderland
|
watch the video. She looks bad. http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9380958/ 911 call http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/video?id=8052138 Edited by ~J~ is in Wonderland, Apr 4 2011, 04:22 PM.
|
![]() |
|
| abb | Apr 4 2011, 04:23 PM Post #309 |
|
It's not clear from the report that she's made bail. |
![]() |
|
| abb | Apr 4 2011, 04:23 PM Post #310 |
|
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9380958/ Duke lacrosse accuser again charged with assaulting boyfriend Posted: 11:01 a.m. today Updated: 3:42 p.m. today For the second time in 14 months, the Durham woman who falsely accused three Duke University lacrosse players of rape has been charged with assaulting a man with whom she was living. Crystal Mangum, 32, was charged Sunday with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury. A judge set a $300,000 bond for her on Monday. Police said Mangum stabbed Reginald Daye, 46, in the torso with a kitchen knife during a dispute at 3507 Century Oaks Drive early Sunday. Daye was taken to Duke University Hospital to be treated for serious injuries, and Mangum was arrested in a nearby apartment. His condition was unknown Monday, although friends said he is recovering from his wound. "If you do get out of jail, you're to have nothing to do with the victim at this time," District Judge Nancy Gordon told Mangum during a brief court hearing. "Stay away from him. Don't text him. Don't Facebook him. Don't have somebody do it on your behalf. Stay away means stay away." Jackie Wagstaff, a former member of the Durham County Board of Education and the Durham City Council who is a Mangum supporter, said Mangum isn't a flight risk and should be eligible for a lower bond. "If she were a flight risk, she would be gone. She's gone through two traumatic situations, and she hasn't left Durham yet," Wagstaff said. A man who said he was Daye's nephew called 911 to report the stabbing, saying it occurred while Daye and his girlfriend were arguing about rent money. The caller said police came to the apartment complex earlier while the couple argued, but the stabbing occurred after the officers left. When asked for a description of the girlfriend, the caller said, "It's Crystal Mangum. THE Crystal Mangum." He then added, "I told him she was trouble from the beginning." In March 2006, Mangum claimed three white players on the Duke lacrosse team trapped her inside a bathroom at 610 N. Buchanan Blvd., where she was performing as a stripper at a team party, and raped and sexually assaulted her. Her story about the incident was so inconsistent that state officials later declared the players innocent, saying there was no credible evidence against them. Former Durham County District Attorney Mike Nifong was later disbarred for withholding DNA evidence from defense attorneys in the case. The three lacrosse players and some of their former teammates are suing Nifong and a police investigator, claiming their rights were violated during the case. In February 2010, police arrested Mangum after an altercation between her and a different boyfriend. In that incident, she was accused of assaulting the man in front of her children and setting some of his clothes on fire. She was later convicted of child abuse, injury to personal property and resisting a public officer in the case, but prosecutors dismissed an arson charge after a jury couldn't reach a verdict. Friends said Mangum and her children moved in with Daye shortly after the couple started dating and that she was paying part of the rent on the apartment. Her supporters said that her children weren't with her early Sunday. They declined to say where the children are, only that they are safe. "A lot of stuff went through my head (when I heard about her arrest), but the reality of it is, like I said, it's just hearsay," Wagstaff said . "At this point, it's just hearsay because I don't know what the story is. |
![]() |
|
| ~J~ is in Wonderland | Apr 4 2011, 04:26 PM Post #311 |
|
~J~ is in Wonderland
|
She had not made bail about an hour ago. |
![]() |
|
| wingedwheel | Apr 4 2011, 04:35 PM Post #312 |
|
Not Pictured Above
|
This was from the last incident. Wonder how she is going to explain her stabbing fetish this time around... |
![]() |
|
| Payback | Apr 4 2011, 04:52 PM Post #313 |
|
I would say she just looks a little bleary from staying up late working on her next book. I recognize this look. |
![]() |
|
| cks | Apr 4 2011, 05:09 PM Post #314 |
|
Okay - a couple of more questions. Supposedly, she and her children were living with Mr. Daye, yet the night of the stabbing they were not in the home. So, given that this occurred in the middle of the night - where were they? Second, supposedly, the police were called earlier because they had been fighting. What happened then? Why did the police leave without removing one of them from the premises? Was it because the argument (supposedly about rent money) had been amicably resolved? Was the person who made the call saying that Mr. Daye had been stabbed present when the altercation occurred? If not, what caused him to go by the apartment-was he called by Mr. Daye? To whose apartment did Ms. Mangum flee? Wha did she say to someone who would then (supposedly) open he door in the middle of the night to let in Ms. Mangum? Just say, inquiring minds want to know..... |
![]() |
|
| Joan Foster | Apr 4 2011, 05:10 PM Post #315 |
|
|
![]() |
|
| 1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous) | |
| Go to Next Page | |
| « Previous Topic · DUKE LACROSSE - Liestoppers · Next Topic » |







3:30 AM Jul 11