Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Reade Seligmann Starts Law School at Emory University; He Sends Best Regards to Liestoppers
Topic Started: Sep 4 2010, 10:14 AM (4,427 Views)
sceptical

Reade Seligmann is now a first-year law student. He is into his second week of classes at Emory University School of Law.

In an e-mail response to my query, Reade says he is excited to be starting what he hopes will be a long and fulfilling career in
law. He reports that he already has a heavy assignment load but that he is happy to be an L1.

He concludes, "Thanks again for all of your support and and please send my best to all of my friends in the liestoppers crew."

I am very pleased that this outstanding young man has not only survived the nightmare in Durham, but thrived. He did well at Brown University, both academically and as a leader of the lacrosse team. I am sure that he will meet the challenges of law school with the same determination, intelligence and good-heartedness that has marked his life so far. He is a winner!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar
Parts unknown
That's one good kid.

Reade will go far - and he'll have quite the following around here.

Quasimodo

Congrats!

:toast:

Good luck with all the reading you will have to do!

:)

Edited by Quasimodo, Sep 4 2010, 11:02 AM.

Payback
Member Avatar

Congratulations!!

I'm thinking of what might have been and how relieved he and his parents must be every day of their lives.

What they must think of Brodhead!
Edited by Payback, Sep 4 2010, 12:23 PM.

LaDukie

Best wishes to Reade!
:toast:

Rusty Dog
Member Avatar

Reade, you will do well. You are strong and know your goals.
Congrats.

abb
Member Avatar

http://www.law.emory.edu/

sceptical

abb
Sep 4 2010, 03:49 PM
Emory Law School is one of the top 25 law schools in the country. According to U.S. News' annual rankings, it is tied for 22nd best in the U.S.

MikeZPU

I remember when Reade gave his speech after the AG's declaration of innocence.

I remember he thanked KC. I think he thanked liestoppers too, and Prof Coleman?

He's an outstanding young man who will thrive in life!

Best wishes to Reade always!

Kerri P.
Member Avatar

Congrats. Reade I know you'll do well. :emm:

Concerned
Member Avatar

Awesome news - all the best to Reade!

kbp

Posted Image

sceptical

While it is important that Reade has gotten on with his life and put the attempted frame-up long behind him, the experience in 2006 and 2007 brought out his character.

For those that have forgotten, I recommend two videos.

The first is an excerpt of his speech after the declaration of innocence by Atty. Gen. Roy Cooper:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7iuRQdYtUE

In this speech, rather than focusing on himself, he thanks all of those who supported them. More importantly, he discusses a "world of injustice" he had not known about where innocent people without resources could be prosecuted by unscrupulous police and prosecutors.
These comments preface his decision to go to law school and illustrate his thougthfulness about the wider problem of injustice.

The second is part of Reade's testimony before the North Carolina Bar trial of Mike Nifong:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeTM1g3xsjo&feature=related

The clip shows the raw emotions of the attempted frame-up. However, Reade's weeping was not for himself, but for the pain the situation inflicted on his mother, father, and girlfriend. He was not required to testify (Nifong was the defendant), but he courageously did so. While the facts of the case led to Nifong's disbarment, Reade's testimony was the emotional dagger.

Edited by sceptical, Sep 5 2010, 08:41 AM.

chatham
Member Avatar

I for sure do not know what Reades motives are for choosing Emory University School of Law. I do find it strangely pleasing that he did choose a southern university near Atlanta Ga for what I am assuming will be his career with the innocent indigent and other unjustly accused.

Reade..... Make yourself happy and the best.

Bill Anderson
Member Avatar

OK. I will throw some cold water here. Chris Arnt -- yes, Chris "Alberto-Facebook" Arnt of Tonya Craft Trial fame, is an Emory Law graduate. I suspect that Reade's character is a bit better than that of Arnt. By the way, if he ever comes after me, I have managed to find some details of Arnt's personal life that are not so pleasant. If they ever get him in a deposition, the attorneys know what to ask him.

(No, I am not at liberty to share, but it is pretty bad.)

:bill:

Payback
Member Avatar

sceptical
Sep 5 2010, 08:40 AM
While it is important that Reade has gotten on with his life and put the attempted frame-up long behind him, the experience in 2006 and 2007 brought out his character.

For those that have forgotten, I recommend two videos.

The first is an excerpt of his speech after the declaration of innocence by Atty. Gen. Roy Cooper:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7iuRQdYtUE

In this speech, rather than focusing on himself, he thanks all of those who supported them. More importantly, he discusses a "world of injustice" he had not known about where innocent people without resources could be prosecuted by unscrupulous police and prosecutors.
These comments preface his decision to go to law school and illustrate his thougthfulness about the wider problem of injustice.

The second is part of Reade's testimony before the North Carolina Bar trial of Mike Nifong:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeTM1g3xsjo&feature=related

The clip shows the raw emotions of the attempted frame-up. However, Reade's weeping was not for himself, but for the pain the situation inflicted on his mother, father, and girlfriend. He was not required to testify (Nifong was the defendant), but he courageously did so. While the facts of the case led to Nifong's disbarment, Reade's testimony was the emotional dagger.

You listen to this testimony and wonder who Mangum was never punished for lying. She caused three young men to say "My life is over."

Baldo
Member Avatar

Sweet!

Sometimes the good guys do win!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DUKE LACROSSE - Liestoppers · Next Topic »
Add Reply