Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
PAYBACK'S SERIES ON BRODHEAD; Pieces no longer up on TCV
Topic Started: Dec 1 2009, 03:54 PM (9,970 Views)
Payback
Member Avatar

Sometimes presidents of great universities need to review models of proper behavior. Here for Richard H. Brodhead to reflect upon is an 1826 public apology which puts his 2007 non-apology apology to shame.

From a Tuscumbia, Alabama paper, 1826, a model apology:
Notice.—I do hereby certify, that I, Charles C. M’Clure, last from Tuscaloosa, and now in the town of Columbus, Mississippi, have been guilty of uttering the most infamous, villainous and hellishly slanderous falsehoods against the character of a portion of the family of Major Jesse Weaver of the aforesaid town of Columbus, and also that I have threatened the life of Mr. Thomas Morlord, and that I do hereby acknowledge that I feel thankful that I have even a hope of escaping the just vengeance of said gentlemen, with that merited from every honest and good citizen, not only of this town, but that I do not deserve the countenance of lenity ever again to shine upon me.
In acknowledgment to all of which I do fix my hand and seal in the presence of the witnesses, and thank them that they even condescend to sign their names as witnesses against me.
C. C. M’Clure.

15 May 2014 addition: Brodhead apparently has been employing "scrubbers" already to push hostile items down the Google list, out of view. With the new European rules that allow Google to be censored, we will see more headlines like this in the BBC news today by Jane Wakefield: "Politician and paedophile ask Google to 'be forgotten'"--
And before long unless we fight in this country "Whatever they did was bad enough" may disappear from Google and from general memory.

Edited by Payback, May 15 2014, 10:25 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DUKE LACROSSE - Liestoppers · Next Topic »
Add Reply