Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Was Michelle Obama about to be disbarred?
Topic Started: Jul 24 2009, 07:46 PM (4,626 Views)
Carolyn says
Member Avatar

Folks, something smells fishy here. Michelle Obama (nee' Michelle Robinson) is listed as on 'court ordered inactive status'. But the numbers don't add up.

Here's the facts as I know them. Michelle graduates from Harvard Law in May, 1988. She goes to work at once for Sidley Austin in Chicago which means she studies for the Bar. Now, Illinois has its Bar exams in July and February (they last 2 days). It is standard practice that graduating students take the July exam (results come about 2 months later) upon which they apply to the courts for a Bar number, field to specialize in, which court to practice in (federal, state, county), etc. So, all things being considered, Michelle should have applied for her Bar no. in September or early October. Except - she didn't. Illinois records (below) state she applied to the court the following year - May 1989. Which to me means one thing. Michelle flunked the first Bar exam and had to retake it.

Okay, fine - Michelle's not too bright. That's not a surprise to anyone (like me) who's read her misspelled, sloppily researched, clumsily written Princeton thesis. One look at that mess and you know Michelle isn't the sharpest tack in the bunch.

But stupid is one thing - suspicious is another. Michelle goes to work at Sidley Austin in 1989, then abruptly leaves in 1992. Now, when I first saw this date, my thinking was that it was the ordinary 'clearing out' of underperforming third year associates which all major law firms do. Michelle's reason for leaving Sidley has never rung true - i.e., she left to work for Mayor Daley's team. The reason was that she took a nearly 60% pay cut to do so - and for someone as rapaciously greedy as Michelle, that just didn't compute. What made it further suspicious was that Michelle wasn't even bright enough to get the Mayor's job on her own - she had to haul Obama into the job interview with her and it was HIS pull that got her low-paying job. (Ouch!) However, that still isn't suspicious. Unflattering - yes- and showing her with the brain of a newt, ayup - but, like I said, not suspicious.

What IS suspicious is that Michelle immediately took herself off the rolls of practicing attorneys. Uh oh. Look, attorneys struggle mighty hard to get their license to practice law - this isn't something they just kick to the roadside at the first opportunity. Even if a lawyer stops practicing law, he still keeps his license. It's like your driver's license - you just renew it every year. Except Michelle didn't.

She took herself off. And this is strange. This means that had she ever been offered a law job again, she would have to endure extensive work and tests to get the license back. However, had she merely renewed it yearly, that wouldn't have been a problem. Yet Michelle refused to do that - she removed herself from the list.

I can't speak for Illinois law practices - but I can speak for California. And in all the years I've seen attorneys practice in this state, there are only 2 reasons why an attorney withdraws their license to practice: (1) because they never want to practice law again or; (2) they remove themselves ahead of someone else kicking them out, as in 'quit before you're fired'.

The first reason - leave of your own free will - has a caveat. An attorney who withdraws his license to practice usually only does so only after many years of non-practice. You now, that's a very big decision and you want to make sure you're doing the right thing. Typically the wait is at least 5 to 8 years, minimum. The bulk of non-practicing attorneys, however, still keep their licenses for many years.

But Michelle removed herself within less than a year.

Which brings up the second reason - 'quit before you're fired'. In the legal world, being disbarred, even being sanctioned, is a terrible stain on your record. Once it's on your record, it can NEVER be removed. There is usually only one way that stain can be avoided - leave the field before the charges can be filed. It is standard procedure that if an attorney is suspected of malfeasance, the malfeasance will not be pursued if the attorney leaves the law field. They 'surrender' their law license.

This apparently is what Michelle has done.

So I ask you, folks - was she about to be disbarred? Because it sure looks that way to me. You see, I just can't get past that 'court ordered inactive status' thing. It's just too suspicious.

Inquiring minds want to know.

ARDC Individual Attorney Record of Public Registration and Public Disciplinary and Disability Information as of December 31, 2008 at 10:54:43 AM:

Full Licensed Name: Michelle Obama
Full Former name(s): Michelle Lavaughn Robinson
Date of Admission as Lawyer
by Illinois Supreme Court: May 12, 1989
Registered Business Address: Not available online
Registered Business Phone: Not available online
Illinois Registration Status: Voluntarily inactive and not authorized to practice law - Last Registered Year: 1993
Malpractice Insurance:
(Current as of date of registration;
consult attorney for further information) No malpractice report required as attorney is on court ordered inactive status.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/osint/message/117621

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

genny6348
Genny6348
Makes sense to me Carolyn. Right now nobody's talking - about O or MO. Once the ship begins to go down, I mean really tanking. I suspect that people will come out of the woodwork with stories that will explain the MANY mysteries of the Obamafong family.

Texas Mom

Carolyn, this is fascinating. Great catch! What little I know about this would say to me that you're on to something.

Lodge Pro 345
Member Avatar

Chicago is a dirty place. Nothing would surprise me.

Baldo
Member Avatar

I never gave it much thought but attorneys don't stop practicing law on a whim. The thousands of hours spent in law school and then taking the Bar exams is a brutal gauntlet that weeds out those who don't really want to be an attorney. Moving over to the Mayor's office one would think you would keep your law license active as it does have privileges and is sought after for a career in politics.

I know a few attorneys and the thought of losing that license scares them to death. It is what gives the Bar power over them. It is odd she moved her license to inactive status in 1993.

Who knows maybe a reporter will ask her? Naw!
Edited by Baldo, Jul 25 2009, 09:26 AM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

LS knew a SANE nurse once who moved her license to inactive. Malfeasance has a way of catching up with you.
Quote Post Goto Top

brittany

She took the bar exam twice.

brittany

Found this

The record shows that Michelle Obama voluntarily took her law license to "inactive" status. This is not the loss of license, but a suspension with the option (though not the requirement) to reactivate the license later.

In Illinois, voluntary inactivations require an order of th court to commence the cancellation of malpractice insurance, annual licensing fees and the continuing education credits otherwise required by law.

brittany

Ivy League my asrs.She's just not that smart. She didn't pass the test the first time.

http://www.iit.edu/publications/iittoday/pdf/103007_ChicagoLawBulletin.pdf

October 30, 2007 Volume: 153 Issue: 213

Illinois grads fared well in July bar exam
By Jerry Crimmins
Law Bulletin staff writer
The overall pass rate for the Illinois bar exam in July was 86 percent, the highest since 1995
when an equal percentage passed.
The pass rate for first-time test takers was 90 percent, according to Donald H. Funk,
secretary-treasurer of the Illinois Board of Admissions to the Bar.
The number of people who took the exam also continued high, at 2,837

Edited by brittany, Jul 25 2009, 10:37 AM.

brittany

Dated an attorney for many years. Harvard undergraduate. U of Chicago Law School (after he turned down Harvard law for family reasons). He said the Illinois bar exam was easy. CA which he was also admitted to was difficult.I believe him.
Edited by brittany, Jul 25 2009, 11:06 AM.

brittany

http://www.onbeingablacklawyer.com/?p=494

A study of 23,086 bar examinees published in 1998 by the Law School Admissions Council (LSAC) found that blacks were more likely than any other group to fail the bar exam on the first try. The eventual bar passage rate for black examinees was 77.6% or 1,062 of 1,368. This was nearly 20% lower than that of whites whose eventual passage rate was 96.7% or 18,664 of 19,285. You can read the full report here, but below we highlight some of the study’s points to provide some perspective and advice going forward.
Edited by brittany, Jul 25 2009, 10:51 AM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

brittany
Jul 25 2009, 10:49 AM

A study of 23,086 bar examinees published in 1998 by the Law School Admissions Council (LSAC) found that blacks were more likely than any other group to fail the bar exam on the first try. The eventual bar passage rate for black examinees was 77.6% or 1,062 of 1,368. This was nearly 20% lower than that of whites whose eventual passage rate was 96.7% or 18,664 of 19,285. You can read the full report here, but below we highlight some of the study’s points to provide some perspective and advice going forward.
Don't give this information to Sonja Sotomayor.
Quote Post Goto Top

brittany

Truth Detector
Jul 25 2009, 10:57 AM
brittany
Jul 25 2009, 10:49 AM

Don't give this information to Sonja Sotomayor.
Ah yes, the "wise Latina".
Edited by brittany, Jul 25 2009, 11:16 AM.

brittany

Yeah the bar exams discriminate.

brittany

Then again,Hillary,the smartest woman in the world, failed the DC bar exam in the 1970's.

But it came as news to me when Carl Bernstein mentioned on this morning's "Today" that Hillary flunked the Washington, DC bar exam back in the '70s. OK, I'm not the most knowledegable guy, and the fact of Hillary's failure is not news -- after years of hiding the embarrassment, she revealed it, en passant, in her ghostwritten 2003 "autobiography." Note: according to that book, during the same period Hillary took and passed the Arkansas bar exam. The pass rate in Arkansas was considerably higher than in DC.
Edited by brittany, Jul 25 2009, 11:13 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · LIESTOPPERS UNDERGROUND · Next Topic »
Add Reply