|
fengzhu185
|
Oct 12 2013, 01:38 PM
Post #1
|
|
- Posts:
- 463
- Group:
- Members
- Member
- #172
- Joined:
- Sep 13, 2013
|
ST. PAUL, Minn. -- A Minnesota House committee voted down the Vikings stadium bill Monday night, dealing a major blow to the teams decade-long effort to secure a taxpayer subsidy for a replacement to the Metrodome. The House Government Operations Committee mustered only six votes for the stadium proposal, with nine members voting against it. The vote, which came just after 10 p.m. after a four-hour hearing on the bill, makes it extremely unlikely the bill could be revived in the remaining weeks of a legislative session expected to wrap up before the end of April. "Somebodys going to have to pull a rabbit out of a hat for this thing to be alive at this point," said Rep. Morrie Lanning, the chief House sponsor of the US$975 million stadium plan. A Senate version of the stadium bill has been stalled in that chamber for the last month. Lester Bagley, the Vikings point man on the stadium push at the Capitol, said afterward that the team was "extremely disappointed" at the outcome. "I guess I would ask the state, what else would you expect us to do? What else can we do?" he said. Gov. Mark Dayton has been a committed and vocal supporter of the stadium proposal, repeatedly stressing he believes failure to help the team build a new stadium could result in Minnesota losing the Vikings to another city. A spokeswoman said Dayton would not have an immediate comment on the committee vote. Bagley said the team will continue to push the proposal in the remaining two weeks of the session. "But this is extremely disappointing, and it sends a strong message to the Vikings and the NFL about the situation," he said. He would not say whether the committee vote made the teams future in Minnesota any less secure. The proposal that fell in the House committee would have split the stadium tab three ways: $398 million from the state from taxes on expanded gambling, $150 million from the city of Minneapolis from existing sales taxes and $427 million from the Vikings with assistance likely from the NFL. Prior to the vote, Vikings officials faced tough questioning from several committee members who said they werent convinced the proposal is a good deal for taxpayers. "How do we as representatives of public taxpayers, how do we know were getting a good deal?" asked Rep. Ryan Winkler, DFL-Golden Valley. Winkler went on to vote against the proposal. wholesale nfl jerseys . Burris threw for 326 yards and five touchdowns in the Tiger-Cats 41-28 win over the Montreal Alouettes on the weekend as Hamilton got a crucial win. The Ticats are 5-8, third in the CFL East and tied with potential crossover team Edmonton. cheap nfl jerseys from china . North Bay was the home of the OHLs Centennials from 1982-2002, when the club moved south to become the Saginaw Spirit. The deal is subject to approval by the OHL Board of Governors, and is contingent on the city of North Bay selling 2,000 season tickets in a community campaign. http://www.nflcheapwholesalejerseyschina.com/ . Phelps, then 23, was in a hunt to win a record eight Olympic gold medals at a single Games, and the world held its breath as Phelps and Serbian rival Milorad Cavic seemingly reached the wall in the exact same instant of event No. cheap jerseys from china . San Francisco and free-agent centre fielder Angel Pagan agreed to a $40 million, four-year contract Monday as the winter meetings got under way in Nashville, Tenn. nfl Jerseys wholesale . The Spain midfielder fell to the ground clutching his right foot following a tackle by Keith Andrews in the second half of Thursdays 4-0 victory over Ireland at the Arena Gdansk.BALTIMORE -- Sundays game between the Baltimore Orioles and Toronto Blue Jays was postponed because of rain and will be made up as part of a single-admission doubleheader on Sept. 24. The decision to call the game came after a wait of nearly 2 1/2 hours. Although it wasnt raining at the scheduled 1:35 p.m. start, a severe thunderstorm was in the vicinity and quickly made its way to Camden Yards. The rain never stopped. Baltimore was seeking a three-game sweep against the sagging Blue Jays, who have lost seven straight. The Orioles have won eight of 12 to stay in the playoff hunt. The Orioles on Monday open a four-game series at home against the Chicago White Sox, the AL Central leaders. Rookie Wei-Yin Chen will start for the Orioles, and Sundays scheduled starter, Chris Tillman, has been pushed back to Tuesday. Baltimore did not reveal its scheduled starters for Wednesday or Thursday. Newcomer Joe Saunders, obtained in a trade Sundaay with Arizona, could fill one of the spots.dddddddddddd. To get Saunders, a veteran left-hander, the Orioles gave up reliever Matt Lindstrom and cash considerations or a player to be named. "We started discussions with Saunders a long time ago, during the summertime," said Dan Duquette, Baltimores vice-president of baseball operations. "This is the opportunity we were waiting for. It just came together over the weekend." The game was supposed to mark the return of Torontos Adam Lind, who in the starting lineup at the cleanup spot Sunday after being activated from the 15-day disabled list on Saturday night. Lind has not played since July 25 because of a mild back strain. Toronto next heads to New York to play the Yankees on Monday night. The last-place Blue Jays are mired in a season-high, eight-game road losing streak. The Blue Jays did not have any media availability after the rainout was announced. ' ' '
|