Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]


Add Reply
e Italian national team reacted in t
Topic Started: Oct 20 2012, 05:47 AM (48 Views)
lingzi

TORONTO -- Jeremy Chardy of France upset countryman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 6-4, 7-6 on Wednesday at the Rogers Cup. Eric Weddle Jersey . The 25-year-old Chardy is ranked 47th in the world and Tsonga is ranked sixth. In two previous appearances in the Rogers Cup Tsonga reached the semifinals but on Wednesday he seemed to be off form. Tsonga, 27, was coming off a gruelling Olympics where he picked up a silver medal in doubles. In the Olympic singles, he defeated Milos Raonic of Thornhill, Ont., in a long second-round match that Tsonga won 25-23 in the third-set tiebreaker. But he had little left in the quarter-final and lost in straight sets to Novak Djokovic. Tsonga defeated Chardy 6-4, 7-6 when they last met three years ago. Ryan Mathews Womens Jersey . J. Paul Reddam, who hails from Windsor, Ont., made his comments in a blog appearing on the bloodhorse.com website. He writes there were two offers from U.S. breeding operations, one valued at just under $5 million, the other at $3 million. Malcom Floyd Jersey . Both key midfielder Daniele De Rossi and fullback Ignazio Abate left Sundays quarterfinal with muscle problems, and Abates replacement Christian Maggio picked up a yellow card that rules him out of Thursdays match in Warsaw. http://www.chargersteamstore.com/ryan-mathews-jerseys . Bears battle Musketeers in South Regional affair - 7:15 PM ET Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - The 10th-seeded Xavier Musketeers will try to take down the third-seeded Baylor Bears as the two programs battle it out in the South Regions semifinal round of the 2012 NCAA Tournament at the Georgia Dome. Antonio Gates Womens Jersey . -- A total of 67 golfers, including 14 Canadians, earned status on the Canadian Tour on Friday after the final round of the tours 2012 Q-School. Antonio Gates Jersey . 1 Ana Ivanovic was an easy second-round winner Thursday at the 2012 U.PARMA, Italy -- The match-fixing scandal that has rocked Italian soccer during the past year implicated the coach of Serie A champion Juventus on Monday and ensured at least one player wont be at the European Championship. Police swept through the Italian national squads training camp near Florence as part of a wide-ranging investigation into fixing that resulted in 14 arrests -- including Lazio captain Stefano Mauri -- to bring the total number arrested to about 50 since last year. The Italian soccer federation later said Juventus coach Antonio Conte is under investigation for alleged wrongdoing while in charge of Siena in 2010-2011, and announced the withdrawal of defender Domenico Criscito from the Euro 2012 squad a day before the player lists have to be submitted to UEFA. "He would have experienced a pressure that no human being can deal with," Italy coach Cesare Prandelli said of Criscito playing at the June 8 to July 1 tournament. "He wouldnt have been in the right frame of mind. And he could also have been called up by the prosecutors at any time, before a match. "It was a peculiar day. My first reaction was one of fear: Oh my god, what can we do. But then you have to find something positive out of this situation, such as if it had happened four days later it would have been a lot worse." Two police cars arrived at the national teams training site at about 6:25am local time and left nearly three hours later. Criscitos house in Genoa was searched, while Contes place in Turin was also raided. Juventus president Andrea Agnelli said Conte would remain in charge and lent his support to Leonardo Bonucci, the Juve defender who is also reportedly under investigation but remains with Italys squad. Conte denied any wrongdoing. "My story speaks clearly for itself," he said. "Ive always showed moral integrity, honesty, fairness in every situation, whether as a player or a coach. I am completely innocent of any of this, as are my players. "With Siena we won the (second-division) title with three games to go, thanks to a lot of sacrifice, sweat, tears and joy, with a group of extraordinary lads." Siena president Massimo Mezzaroma is also under investigation, and Cremona prosecutor Roberto Di Martino said the club is at the centre of the investigation. "There are seven, eight games being looked at and there have been statements that make us think they were manipulated," Di Martino said. "The searchees involved players, coaches and directors of the club, including Conte and Mezzaroma. Philip Rivers Womens Jersey. " Apart from those arrested Monday, three people have been placed under house arrest and two others are to present themselves to authorities. Five of the arrests were made in Hungary. Former Italy striker Christian Vieri, who retired in 2009, is also among those under investigation, while Inter Milans match against Lecce in 2001 is being examined. "Its devastating news," said former Italy coach Giovanni Trapattoni, who is now in charge of Ireland. "If the authorities are acting its because theres something there." Mauri was arrested on suspicion of sporting fraud. Most of the footballers implicated now play in Serie B or lower leagues, although one, Omar Milanetto, spent five years at Genoa before joining Padova in 2011. Numerous others have had their houses searched, including Chievo Verona striker Sergio Pellissier. The investigation was started by judicial authorities in Cremona last year. It has resulted in former Atalanta captain Cristiano Doni being banned from football for three and a half years, and the arrest of former Lazio captain Giuseppe Signori. Serie A clubs Atalanta, Novara and Siena were among the 22 Italian teams notified at the beginning of this month that they are being investigated by sports authorities. Prosecutors in Cremona have detailed an extensive match-fixing ring stretching as far as Singapore and South America that was allegedly in operation for more than 10 years. "It will be impossible to go right to the end with this because my office is not equipped to do so," Di Martino said. "If people wanted, we could go on forever but there is very few personnel. "It will be impossible to go ahead with this for long." Italy has only recently recovered from the 2006 match-fixing scandal -- known as Calciopoli -- that resulted in Juventus being relegated to Serie B for a season, plus points penalties for several other Serie A teams and lengthy bans for club and refereeing officials. The Italian national team reacted in the best possible way, winning the World Cup later that year. "This time its worse than 2006. At least for me," Roma and Italy midfielder Daniele De Rossi said. "Its more shocking this time, with the police coming into Coverciano (Italys training ground) and people I know being arrested. "Were going to the Euros with a stain on us." ' ' '
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · Forum Number One · Next Topic »
Add Reply




Skin orginally created by Tariq | Converted by Lewis of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone