|Welcome to Legions Of The Force. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
|Role Playing Rules; PLEASE READ!|
|Topic Started: Dec 18 2010, 04:05 PM (267 Views)|
|Saber||Dec 18 2010, 04:05 PM Post #1|
"If I offered you my soul, would you carry me away?"
Role Playing Rules
(1) No God Modding! DO NOT try and control another person’s character without their permission. DO NOT do anything beyond a reasonable limit of your character’s power. DO NOTuse items, feats, or powers you do not have. This ruins the fun of RPing for everyone. There has been problems with this in the past I know. If a staff member thinks what you posted is God modding you will asked to change it. They may even give a suggestion on how to change it. However if you don’t reedit your post if they tell you to they have the right to delete it. This rule also goes for them to a point because none of us are prefect. If you have a question about something be considered or what is God Modding please ask a staff member about it.
(2) When RPing please make your post between three to five sentences at the most. One sentence post kills a RP and it can make people get very uptight. Please check for spelling, etc. If your post contains more than four grammar errors then a staff member may go in and fix your post to where it makes sense. Please post your threads in a readable format and make sure your font size is readable and reasonable.
(3) As it pertains to killing someone else’s character. You are allowed to kill someone else’s character as long as you have given them a chance to defend themselves and/or it has become impossible for them to defend against your attack known as right to defend themselves. No matter what your opponent posts BEFORE you, you ALWAYS have the right to try and defend yourself so long as you can reasonably do so. If there is a dispute over this then please consult an Admin/Staff member for assistance. Once a character dies, that character is DEAD. You must then make/or use a new character.
(4) DO NOT be in two places at once. For example you shouldn’t be in a fight on Hoth and at the same time on a mission on Coruscant. In order to avoid confusion about your character’s location, please post as you arrive and leave each new planet. If two members have already begun to RP with each other and you want to join them you must via PM the member who started the thread if you can join them. In order to keep things from getting confused it you start a thread and you want others to join in please put in parenthesis after the title of the thread (Opened to anyone) if you DO NOT want anyone else to join in a thread please put the name of the thread and who you want to join in with you and whoever else you are RPing with please put in parenthesis after the title of the thread (your character’s name and the other member’s name) so no one can get confused.
(5) Relationships are allowed with characters, but please try to keep it clean due to the fact we may have some younger members on the site. Couples are allowed to have children if they want to but please if you will discuss it with a member beforehand so they will know through via PM. If you make a profile for a child you and the person you are RPing must take turns RPing the kid unless you decide differently.
(6) Please have the decency to leave a going away message in the general section on the board so people can know you are going on vacation or something. I know we need a break at some point, but honestly would it kill anyone to make a thread informing the people they are RPing with a head’s up that they will try and post while they are gone or something? RPs have a tendency to die due to problems like that in the past.
(7) I know not everyone will be able to RP all hours through the day because they work, have school, and whatnot. However you should at least give the person you at RPing with at least a week to post before carrying on without them.
*Note* We can ALWAYS change the number of characters you can have. Don't go overboard.
|1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)|
|« Previous Topic · RP Discussion Area · Next Topic »|
You have viewed this forum an untold number of time(s).