Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
2009, Year of the Ox; Resolutions, anyone?
Topic Started: Dec 26 2008, 01:12 AM (319 Views)
Dark Hannah
Member Avatar
Mage Apprentice
2009 will be the Chinese Year of the Ox. Those born under the influence of the Ox are fortunate to be stable and persevering. The typical Ox is a tolerant person with strong character. Not many people could equal the resolution and fearlessness the Ox exhibits when deciding to accomplish a task or an objective. As we used this great creature long ago to plow the soil day after day, so do Ox people labor through their daily responsibilities either at work or at home without complaint or gripe. Oxen know they will succeed through hard work and sustained effort and find no truth or benefit in concocting get-rich-quick schemes.

Most common characteristics:
Obstinate, Pouty, Truthful, Motivated, Friendly, Apathetic, Genuine, Quick-tempered

Ox years: 2009, 1997, 1985, 1973, 1961
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some random information for yall there. :) Personally, I was born a horse. hah. I can get some quick info if yall want, just tell me what year you were born. ^.^

Anyways, I started this thread because New Year is coming, and I wanted to know if anyone has any resolutions they plan to try and keep! I make resolutions every year, but I tend to break all or most of them within the first month, haha. Hopefully, this year I will keep them.

1. Eat healthier (had a scare this year)
2. Get a job
3. Get a car
4. Get an apartment
5. Be nicer to siblings (maybe. lol)
6. Take more time to be with loved ones
7. Try five new things I've refused before
8. Forgive more
9. Visit family that lives farther away
10. Finish my Art school!

Anyone else want to share? You dont have to put as many as I did, I just feel that if I say it more, I will be more likely to keep it. :3
Offline Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

OOO! OOO! I have one!!!! I'm resolving to not tape my little brothers DS to the ceiling and not throw it at the wall breaking it....or baking it in the oven like that furby I heard about.....And my little brother is going to resolve to NOT annoy me...............ok this has epic failier written all over it. -.-
Goto Top

Dark Hannah
Member Avatar
Mage Apprentice
You live in the land of fail, dear. :) BUT, one can always hope for a vacation in Win! lol
Offline Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I was born a horse too! Wow, Hannah we have so much in common!
My resolutions are:
1. Eat really healthy (I had a big scare too)
2. Lose weight
3. Get at least B's in math
4. Get a job (again)
5. Spend more time with family and friends
6. Finish my book sometime in the future
7. Get my singing voice back
8. Eat apricot seeds for a year
9. Try several new things
10. Get pigs
11. Grow my own garden and take good care of it
12. Be less selfish

I think that's it. Hopefully I'll accomplish them all.
Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I know I do.......At least my pranks go off without a hitch!....Oh this is never gonna work T~T
Goto Top

Dark Hannah
Member Avatar
Mage Apprentice
Leeta
Jan 2 2009, 11:57 AM

8. Eat apricot seeds for a year
Say WHAT? You want to eat apricot seeds???
Offline Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Apricot seeds have alot of health benefits so I've been told and I've been dared to eat them anyway.
Goto Top

Talon
Member Avatar
Hybrid of the PLJ
I would have figured they'd break your teeth, unless they're cooked like pumpkins seeds.

My resolutions are:
- Get a B in physics (Got an A!)
- Get a job
- Finish the Sorrow Comic (ugh)
- Make a detailed character page of everybody (most likely on deviantart)
- Try to ride my bike more often
- Make my dog lose weight by walking her more
- Lay off the soda.
- Learn more Spanish
- Be around my family more, now that I lost my grandmother, it seems like I don't know what I have until it's gone.
Offline Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Those are all very good resolutions. Apricot seeds can be cooked like pumpkin seeds but I've still not tried them. And I'm never going to be able to sing again so I'll be scratching that as well. I have an A in math which I'm very proud of midterms are next month! Oh yay!
Goto Top

Talon
Member Avatar
Hybrid of the PLJ

Ugh, I'm terrible in math, I get nothing of it lol
I heard of eating toasted watermelon seeds, but I've yet to see those.
Offline Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic