Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Notice!

We moved!

Please visit us at our new location which can be accesed through http://forum.legendarena.com/ or via legendarena.mypunbb.com
Add Reply
Worst thing to happen in history
Topic Started: Jul 18 2009, 11:25 AM (1,193 Views)
INSK
Member Avatar
Draper
[ * ]
lol WWII is combing Hitler and Hiroshima brith :P in the end it all gets blamed on Germany(as reide just sad)anyone know the name of that by the way? i forget :S

and ovesh idk where you got that picture but it's completly wrong because France occupied much of northwest europe and About half way through WWII russia controlled much of the eastern part of europe :S so again..maybe that is the area they controlled at different times of the war..but that is it.
MY MSN DELETED ALL CONTACTS ADD ME IF YOU HAD ME: THING0NE@LIVE.COM

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ovesh
Member Avatar
king of the world
[ * ]
bring him but next friday I also did that as well as the holocaust I have been to Germany and Poland as well. My dad did his Doctor degree on this subject so I would love to talk about it . But only next friday

@ Insk Use google or find a book france did not control anything what are you talking about? Hitler was in Paris
Edited by ovesh, Jul 19 2009, 12:43 AM.
Posted Image

I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Having sex is like playing bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.

ReidE96
Member Avatar
Mr. Romance
[ * ]
He can discuss it better than I :) Why next Friday?
Posted Image
Rewards1
Posted Image

ovesh
Member Avatar
king of the world
[ * ]
two tests this week no time last test on Friday :D

more pics
Posted Image

Posted Image

You really have no idea about WW2 you might be mistaken with WW1 where France did actually do something and not lose in a couple of weeks or so.

oh and another nice map to learn from

Posted Image
Edited by ovesh, Jul 19 2009, 12:48 AM.
Posted Image

I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Having sex is like playing bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.

INSK
Member Avatar
Draper
[ * ]
dude the battle of france was in 1944 :S the picture you have is dated Januarary 1944

and WWII ended in 1945
MY MSN DELETED ALL CONTACTS ADD ME IF YOU HAD ME: THING0NE@LIVE.COM

Posted Image

ReidE96
Member Avatar
Mr. Romance
[ * ]
Germany was defeated in 1944. It was Japan who were still going in 45. France lost in 1940, I think it was. That or 1941.
Posted Image
Rewards1
Posted Image

TeraHammer
Member Avatar
Forum Darling
[ * ]
ISNK, you really need to get your facts straight on such a delicate subject as WW2. You can have different opinions what is worse than something else, but if you come up with wrong facts like that germany only occupied 2,5 countries or that the atomic bomb was not part of WW2, it shows that you have little idea of what you're talking about, or that you are an Ahmadinejad. Maybe indeed you are confusing things with world war 1.

edit; Reid, germany was defeated in the spring of 1945 actually, Japan in the summer of that year. The starting date is generally to be taken as 1 september 1939 with germany's invasion of poland. Nice maps, ovesh.
Edited by TeraHammer, Jul 19 2009, 10:16 AM.
Conquering the Karmina System as Exar Kun this round

ReidE96
Member Avatar
Mr. Romance
[ * ]
I thought the armistice was called in the closing months of 1944, and the peace treaty signed in early 45?
Posted Image
Rewards1
Posted Image

ovesh
Member Avatar
king of the world
[ * ]
No Germany surrendered only around late april 1945. The battle for Berlin was end of april as well including Hitler's death. (I am not sure what spring is for you sorry)

If I was at home I would tell you more about the rise of Hitler since I all my books are there but saying all of the German people voted for him is like saying all of USA voted for Obama.

these are the countries that they controlled:
Germany
Poland
Italy
Bulgaria
France
Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Luxembourg, Norway
Austria
Romania
Yugoslavia
Hungary
Albania
Czechoslovakia
Greece
Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia
Finland

Also a lot of Russia well at least the Europe part

If you count that I think it is more then 2-3 ...

The only European country to fight Hitler was GB

All the others were natural do remember that USA was also natural for the most part and if they would have joined the war before maybe things would have been a lot different.

Posted Image

Mhuahaha
Member Avatar
Herder
[ * ]
Us Dutch had hoped to remain neutral, as we were in the first world war. In light of this, we didn't spend anything on national defence. So, when the germans came, they were battling agianst a pretty undertrauned and underequiped bunch. We still managed to hold the line for a few days. Untill they pretty much levelled huge parts of one of our biggest cities. We gave up then.

Hmm, I had always thought Italy and Germany were allies rather than Germany controlling Italy.
Posted Image
Don't ask....

I AM MERELY A FORUM ADMIN. I HAVE NO IN-GAME POWERS.

ovesh
Member Avatar
king of the world
[ * ]
they were but at some point near the end Italy changed side so Germany took control of the parts where they had an army at mostly the north

Well that was one of the brilliant moves Hitler did no one thought he would go that way to get to France. France were making there tunnel la munge (*spelling) and Hitler just went around.

Being natural is the worst thing you can do. Doing nothing is what leads to world wars. France were mostly to blame for Germany's economy so they were a big factor in Hitler's rise.
Posted Image

Mhuahaha
Member Avatar
Herder
[ * ]
Hmm, the treaty of munich(I think it was called) is really the one to blame. This treaty forced on germany by pretty much the entire world, told that germany wasn't allowed to have anything. When an entire country is in poverty and has little to be proud off, a guy like hitler promising their rise to former glory, to make a proud germany....that sounds appealing to most for sure.

Not just that treaty made the rise possible, but the british attitude towards the rise of hitler wasn't exactly what stopped it all either. They decided to actually give him what he wants.

Edit: Though this honestly isn't me subject. Way too modern for my taste.
Edited by Mhuahaha, Jul 20 2009, 12:06 AM.
Posted Image
Don't ask....

I AM MERELY A FORUM ADMIN. I HAVE NO IN-GAME POWERS.

ovesh
Member Avatar
king of the world
[ * ]
The treaty you are talking about is what I was referring to France didn't want Germany to have an army because they were scared of them that is why there were so many restrictions. Britain only cared about money and the sea which is one of the reasons they did not stop Hitler later on as well.
Posted Image

blackwinds
Member Avatar
Parchment-Maker
[ * ]
wasnt it the treaty of versailles? i havent been in history in a year or so, but i am a huge history buff. isnt that what germany signed after the first world war?

ovesh
Member Avatar
king of the world
[ * ]
yes that is the name, it is a small town in France if I am not mistaken. Later Hitler made the French surrender in the same train or something, that was in the Germany treaty.
Posted Image

blackwinds
Member Avatar
Parchment-Maker
[ * ]
yeah its a small town in france. i know my history as well. i took way too many history classes in high school and too many in college cuz they do nothing for my degree. lol (im into engineering lol)

but i think ww2 is probly the worst thing to happen. although i have a couple more instances of things id throw up as close 2nds or 3rds. just dont feel like gettin into righ now. ill come back and post when i have a lil more info on them.

stresd
Member Avatar
Cellist
[ * ]
all wrong...worst event in history???..me meeting my future wife
Posted Image

forkU
Member Avatar
Cavalier
[ * ]
lol stresd

holocaust was the worst, and to get you all raged i think the bombing of japan saved many lives and sped up the ending of the war.

JRich
Member Avatar
Futurist
[ * ]
Posted Image

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Conflict · Next Topic »
Add Reply

//